Re: [Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

by N4v1s

Original Post

[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

EA DICE Team

Hey all,

We do understand encountering cheaters causes a negative impact on your gaming experience. We want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts about cheating and what can be done to combat it. Any feedback you may have can be posted in this thread. When posting your comments, please remember:

• Familiarize yourself with the forum rules & guidelines, here
  • Don't name & shame other players
  • Be constructive

Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums. While we can forward your feedback, we won't be able to comment directly on ongoing efforts to combat cheating.

Lastly, this is a gentle reminder that our forums are not the place to report in-game cheating. If you'd like to report a user, please follow the steps as listed in this article: 
https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thank you,

/Atic 

Message 3 of 326 (9,012 Views)

Bring back 1942

★★ Apprentice

Why do mods on this forum not what the members talking about the biggest issue this game has i.e. the cheating.

It seems that they just want the complaints silenced is this anyway to actually deal with the issue?

EA killed off BF1942 and we now have this! 

1942 = best £34.00 I ever spent on a game

BFV = no value for money

At least the fat cats at EA now have our money and we have *, does that sound fair to anyone else?

Message 1 of 326 (8,985 Views)

Re: Bring back 1942

Hello @BBDinkW

If you see any cheater / hacker , use this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 326 (8,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Cheating is getting crazy these days on PC platform  , now I am fear to fight on foot . Just wonder what operation underground will become without halftrack  . 

Message 4 of 326 (8,897 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ban IP/IDs of PC Components

Message 5 of 326 (8,876 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Atic For me it is the fact, that it is way to hard to report cheaters. I have used the link you posted here already and it worked. Yet again it took me some time to write out all the necessary information like the the playername, server, date/time, what happened and also add proof, like screenshots. Most of these information could be attached to a report automatically, if we had a report system in the game. And I´m not talking about the Origin overlay as that still produces so many problems with the game.
I understand that the number of reports would increase big time with such a system, but as most hackers don´t get banned anyway at the moment, I don´t really bother using the ea help forum.

Furthermore, I feel like there has to be a reply, when someone i did report gets banned, just like they have it done in CS:GO. Not only would that give the player the satisfaction of knowing that the cheater is gone, but also the proof, that reporting cheaters does actually do something. It also might help being able to distinguish cheaters better, as I´m sure that a huge number of players get reported, that are not cheating at all.
Message 6 of 326 (8,861 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Atic Hi Atic,

i'm a Bf avid player and coming from 1942 (and cod/q3/ut ESL scene) i've seen it all but i never had a single hint of an idea to try an hack or cheat.
I do think cheaters are loosers in game and in life. Why the heck you need to cheat? personally i'll never figured out and i'll genuinely want to meet one in real life/chat and discuss that issue like civil persons.
I'm actually active on BF4 and often i check all the BF4DB boards, fairfight and others to see if a player is cheating or not or their stats to see if they're matching. I'm often left speechless from the utterness of the cheating level of those scumbags: just google for bf4 cheats and there are a load of forums which allow any player to download undetected hacks/tools/pb sigs scanners....and any kiddo can do that....i'm pissed...pb and other anticheat devs are googling that?
The quantity of them is absolutely immense....is it the death of fair gaming scene?
Sadly many players who abuse the game are from certain regions which are "wild areas": they prefer to play on those rented servers because "cheating" is a commonly allowed (ipse dixit: "i play on those servers cheating because many players are cheating as well" ...there are plenty of posts like that).
Region locks? avoided by VPNs.....
HW bans? not implemented (?)

Some players do candidly admit to "cheat" a "little": read cheating half a game then switching off their "augmented skill" for "a fair fight.... LMFAO and to keep their stats under the radar.
On bf4db on a 1000 hackusations per week 855 lead to bans.... that much yes.

btw I'd love to chat privately with an EA administrative to share what i read on a forum leading to a flaw which allowed to have your game "unbanned" (not meaning on PB/antihack side).

Sorry for the long post but cheating is nowadays a modern "plague".

Back in the days on lan parties we played clean and we were living a truly amazing experience, now many times i'd just chime and change server/ignore those 100-1 players

Message 7 of 326 (8,833 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have notice that someone took more than 100 damages from impact grenade and rifle grenade but still alive several times . I am sure there is only one man and that guy took a direct hit by those grenades , the screen shows my grenade deal more than 100 damages but I saw the target was stand still .

So , is it a bug or something else ? Is it different class have different HP ?

Message 8 of 326 (8,833 Views)

★★ Pro
@Roadmay That is a known bug. However especially using a grenade, you might as well have damaged more than one player.
Message 9 of 326 (8,823 Views)

★★ Apprentice

In BF1942 the servers were run mostly by the players themselves and policed by the players themselves and although cheating was and still is happening it was dealt with quickly.

Why open up the servers and allow teams and players to run the servers and police them against the cheaters and script kids?

If EA are not going to take control of this then let the player base do it and let us make the game what EA promised it would be.

Alternatively install code within the game that checks for validity of the program files and searches for additional scripts and code and block those players from joining a game when they run or are running the scripts, surely this cant be hard for the developers to implement?

I echo the thoughts of others on this forum wherein it seems that EA simply don't care any more and have moved on to the next big cash cow but thanks for your efforts in keeping the conversation alive. 

Message 10 of 326 (8,815 Views)