Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Mega thread] Loot system feedback

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: This is how loot should be

★ Guide

@ReverseLegSweep wrote:

I'm not doing that, and I don't think I should be restricted for the actions of some other players, personally. 

Restrict the Strongholds to prevent the exploit, sure, but I'm against getting punished for something I'm not doing...

oh but you are being restricted for other players action. on Feb 15 when OA had access to the game. the loot rate was good. some idiot decided it was ok to post a video about HOW Easy was to get end game items with chest farming it wasn't a gitch nor was it a bug still it wasn't the dev intention so we got the loot nerfed a few days later. all these happened before Day1 so to those who joined in Day1 wouldn't have felt it. 

Message 80 of 566 (779 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nerfer? lol. Sense maker rather. This game was never advertised as a single-player game. The devs said that we can play it solo but the best experience/reward will be in a group with friends, ideally in voice for better coordination. This is not Mass Effect which can be played to top level gear entirely solo. I pug'ed almost everything until this day but i can't tackle hard+ with pugs, i know that. I am waiting for the guild system to be implemented to find good people to play with. 

Message 81 of 566 (760 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
From what I've seen, though, the loot nerf affected everyone, rather than just one difficulty level of players, which is what I'm personally against.
Message 82 of 566 (503 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Where is the cosmetic content????

★★★★★ Apprentice

@rob-dogtagz wrote:

Developed for 6 years.

You launch with 5-6 methods to view the exact same cosmetic screen???? With a couple options. All of which are ridiculously overpriced.

Do you think because there are fewer purchasing options...... they should be astronomical in price. 

This game should have launched with over 20 complete suits for each javelin type. 

You might have wanted to give cosmetics for finishing story and mission arcs. 

EA has zero clue how to run an online economy. Fortnite has made billions on cosmetics. This is where your going to make all your money when your base game is being sold for half price in another month.....seriously what gives???

you could hire a 10 year kid to come up with better decals and suits then your offering. 

More than a little embarrassing. Do better. We bought your product, maybe reward us for playing!!!

Buahaha. Are you serious?? 20 complete suits on launch. Blow their load in one go? 

And...

@rob-dogtagz wrote:

First off. Regardless of all the whinny reviewers who didn’t get what they wanted. 

And how do you think you come off in this post?

Message 83 of 566 (533 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem Support Gear; No legendary Drops, why?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@bohriopraetor wrote:

@2Weak2Live wrote:

The question doesn't even make sense as worded, because currently the max for green gear is level 32.  Only blue, purple, orange, and yellow drop higher (34, 36, 45, and 47).

Now if you mean that they don't drop higher than purple (epic), as far as I can tell that's currently true.  There does not appear to be masterwork or legendary support gear.

Have you had any support gear dropped at all since the first patch? 

I havent, I dont think its related to whether or not is legendary or even MW, it just doesnt drop at all. 

I levelled up my storm during the first day or two I got a lot of support gear to drop (the same 2 of course but loads of them), I havent seen a single one drop since they apply the first patch on the 21st (I think it was on the 21st). All my other javs only have their default support gear, thats it.

Same exact thing.
I can not for the life of me, get a piece of support gear to drop. No matter which javelin I pick.
My ranger only has 1 support gear available. Havent seen Muster Point at all. 
Same goes for Storm and Interceptor (or what ever the name of the melee one is - always forget the name..) - they both only have the first one available.
Never got a drop for the other option, for any of those 3. 

I levelled to 30 with Colossus - then switched to Ranger a bit later on.
Colossus has both options for support gear, with ability to craft them - but none of the others have the second option and only has the option to craft the one they've got.

I was thinking it was tied into me running GM1/2, so I lowered difficulty to Normal/Hard, but still didn't get any support gear drops (we're talking any rarity here) after about ~2 hours in freeplay on all javelins (read: ~2 hours on each javelin - including Colossus).

And yeah.. This might have started with their Day-0 Patch.. Seems about right. 

Message 84 of 566 (585 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@bohriopraetor wrote:

Yes.  E.g., I just got a purple Rally Cry.

Message 85 of 566 (578 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@2Weak2Live wrote:

@bohriopraetor wrote:

Yes.  E.g., I just got a purple Rally Cry.

where did you get it from? I have been farming for hours trying to get one and havent been able to find it.

Like I have 120 hours on the game and for the last 100 not a single drop, not a single one at all, only my storm (first jav) has all 2 support gears, all my other 3 MW javelins have the default one.

@T4gger 

Yeap exactly like me, only my first Jav has both, the other 3 have the default one. Have tried everything, free play, contracts, etc nothing

Message 86 of 566 (574 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Just a note for people here, there are only 6 masterworks available for East/Normal/Hard and they are all weapons, to get any other you need to be at least GM1

Message 87 of 566 (483 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
I can live with that, to be honest. It's the weapons I'm really interested in.
Message 88 of 566 (482 Views)
Highlighted

Yea it’s sad it’s “ruined” sad they can’t add new content...

★★ Novice

Yea it’s sad it’s “ruined” sad they can’t add new content, sad it’s never gonna change... who makes a game in this day where you can’t add things a few wks or a month down the road... you’d think by now that would be a thing..... ppls kids these days. If you got it ALL right now then why keep playing when there’s nothing left to work for later. You don’t meet a girl and right away marry, house kids n a car.. if you do that’s an idiot move.. no you take some time get a feel for things and adjust as things go progress.. sure there could n should be a few more drops if it’s only 6 like ppl say.. but iv alrdy gotten 7 weps... so GL 

Message 89 of 566 (1,310 Views)
Twitter Stream