Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Mega thread] Loot system feedback

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Anthem Support Gear; No legendary Drops, why?

★★★★ Guide

The question doesn't even make sense as worded, because currently the max for green gear is level 32.  Only blue, purple, orange, and yellow drop higher (34, 36, 45, and 47).

Now if you mean that they don't drop higher than purple (epic), as far as I can tell that's currently true.  There does not appear to be masterwork or legendary support gear.

Message 70 of 566 (593 Views)
Highlighted

This is how loot should be

★★★★★ Apprentice

Easy mode: No MW or better  

Normal mode: rare chance for MW, no legendary

Hard mode: good chance for MW, rare chance for legendary

GM1: frequent MW drops, good chance for legendary

After being decked out with legendary gear:

GM2: frequent legendary drops + something entirely new (incentive to play this mode at all) GM3 should be removed and the difficulty of GM2 should be between GM2 and GM3.

So what could be "something entirely new"?

Maybe crafting blueprints or mats for a custom build new Javelin? New very cool vinyls or furniture for future private quarters in Fort Tarsis? 

This is of course just wishful thinking but something that could be added later to keep people motivated.

Message 71 of 566 (828 Views)
Highlighted

Re: This is how loot should be

★★★ Apprentice
honestly I just wish they straight up copy pasted destiny's system, esp putting stats on armor. I really liked finding uniques and hoarding them in my vault, so I can go back and make creative builds anytime I want. I agree with Anthem they need to up the droprate of masterworks a LOT, but I think they shouldn't touch legendary rates, it should be that christmas feeling when you see that beautiful yellow diamond
Message 72 of 566 (817 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
I play on Easy and am quite attached to my MW AR, so I disagree with that restriction. Grandmaster having an eponymous tier to itself is something I think could work, though.
Message 73 of 566 (813 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

People are already exploiting easy mode. They run Tyrant over and over again. Every second run they take away 2 MW items, likely to be doubles, but they get a lot of MW embers from deconstructing. Easy mode is ok to get decked out on epic stuff but MW, no please.

Message 74 of 566 (793 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not doing that, and I don't think I should be restricted for the actions of some other players, personally. 

Restrict the Strongholds to prevent the exploit, sure, but I'm against getting punished for something I'm not doing...

Message 75 of 566 (786 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem Support Gear; No legendary Drops, why?

★ Guide

@2Weak2Live wrote:

The question doesn't even make sense as worded, because currently the max for green gear is level 32.  Only blue, purple, orange, and yellow drop higher (34, 36, 45, and 47).

Now if you mean that they don't drop higher than purple (epic), as far as I can tell that's currently true.  There does not appear to be masterwork or legendary support gear.

Have you had any support gear dropped at all since the first patch? 

I havent, I dont think its related to whether or not is legendary or even MW, it just doesnt drop at all. 

I levelled up my storm during the first day or two I got a lot of support gear to drop (the same 2 of course but loads of them), I havent seen a single one drop since they apply the first patch on the 21st (I think it was on the 21st). All my other javs only have their default support gear, thats it.

Message 76 of 566 (572 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Guys, MW is the 2nd highest tier in the game and the end boss dies in under 30 secs with a lvl 30 group. Even on normal the boss often doesn't even have a chance to retreat and come back a second time, so i don't know if MW drops really make sense on easy.

Message 77 of 566 (768 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
The fact that MWs drop in easy mode? Is just plain dumb. The second to highest tier of gear and you can get it from playing the game mode you can practically solo? I’m sorry but go ahead and add that to the laundry list of things that are wrong in this game. High level loot should be rewarded in higher level game modes, period.
Message 78 of 566 (767 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SatheA wrote:

People are already exploiting easy mode. They run Tyrant over and over again. Every second run they take away 2 MW items, likely to be doubles, but they get a lot of MW embers from deconstructing. Easy mode is ok to get decked out on epic stuff but MW, no please.

You are seeing a minority imo.. I've been playing daily and not seen any exploiters in Easy or Normal, you're just fishing for more nerfs cause drop tables bother you.

If they nerf Easy and Normal even more i'm done with Anthem, sick and tired of nerfers like you destroying gaming.

Message 79 of 566 (759 Views)
Twitter Stream