Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Mega thread] Loot system feedback

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Anthem master and legendary loot drops

★★ Newbie

Incorrect. Received a Papa Pump Lego, helping a friend in Hard.

Message 50 of 566 (2,008 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem master and legendary loot drops

★ Guide
Thanks OP, you managed to say the things I want to but didn't.
Message 51 of 566 (1,870 Views)
Highlighted

Where is the cosmetic content????

★★★★ Novice

First off. Regardless of all the whinny reviewers who didn’t get what they wanted. 

I think the game is well done. Visuals and combat remain breathtaking. 

But...............

Developed for 6 years.

You launch with 5-6 methods to view the exact same cosmetic screen???? With a couple options. All of which are ridiculously overpriced.

Do you think because there are fewer purchasing options...... they should be astronomical in price. 

This game should have launched with over 20 complete suits for each javelin type. 

You might have wanted to give cosmetics for finishing story and mission arcs. 

EA has zero clue how to run an online economy. Fortnite has made billions on cosmetics. This is where your going to make all your money when your base game is being sold for half price in another month.....seriously what gives???

you could hire a 10 year kid to come up with better decals and suits then your offering. 

More than a little embarrassing. Do better. We bought your product, maybe reward us for playing!!!

Message 52 of 566 (454 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Where is the cosmetic content????

★★★ Guide

@rob-dogtagz wrote:

First off. Regardless of all the whinny reviewers who didn’t get what they wanted. 

I think the game is well done. Visuals and combat remain breathtaking. 

But...............

Developed for 6 years.

You launch with 5-6 methods to view the exact same cosmetic screen???? With a couple options. All of which are ridiculously overpriced.

Do you think because there are fewer purchasing options...... they should be astronomical in price. 

This game should have launched with over 20 complete suits for each javelin type. 

You might have wanted to give cosmetics for finishing story and mission arcs. 

EA has zero clue how to run an online economy. Fortnite has made billions on cosmetics. This is where your going to make all your money when your base game is being sold for half price in another month.....seriously what gives???

you could hire a 10 year kid to come up with better decals and suits then your offering. 

More than a little embarrassing. Do better. We bought your product, maybe reward us for playing!!!

How about we don't worry about the colour of your pants right now. There are people who can't play at all due to server disconnects.

Message 53 of 566 (440 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro
Can't compare cosmetic sales from fortnite to Anthem like this as one came out 3 days ago and ones been out for a year or more. I get what your saying but the how many rotations has fortnite fine through in the cosmetic shop vs how many times has Anthem rotated their cosmetic shop they may have 20 skins but they aren't going to release them all at once anthems cosmetic shop has been rotated once BTW. They gave you decals for playing the demo I don't see a problem of not rewarding you.
Message 54 of 566 (429 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
I was thinking the same thing. Although I'm not all that upset about it I was ready to throw some money at them if the game was good......and I think the game is great....I'm ready to spend some money
Message 55 of 566 (400 Views)
Highlighted

Let's talk about LOOT, baby

★★★★ Novice

So, I've been loving this game and I know other have said this better than me, but LOOT...I feel like, even after the changes to gear that they're currently working on - there needs to be MORE of it.

I feel like there is a DESTINY loot style approach, and there needs to be more of a Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls approach. 

More meaningful loot, instead of now. I felt pretty bummed to do GM Heart of Rage and get blues and greens. Then if I did get a MW, the stats were all over the place I had nothing great. 

There needs to be some way to reroll stats or loot needs to drop more. Fights/strongholds that give the best loot take far too long to reward something so incredibly random.

I know there are people with better ideas here than me - but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there regarding the loot because I'd like the game to continue to get better. 

Take more of a D3 approach, not a Destiny approach. I would much rather get too many MW then too few that are essentially garbage once you're higher in power.

Message 56 of 566 (378 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Let's talk about LOOT, baby

★★★ Apprentice

Well I'm not going to bash the loot system just yet. I'm a bit over 72 hours in the game.

Less than week from official release (I've been playing since Origin Premiere Headstart)

So ill give them at least a couple or few weeks to gain some meaningful analytics on the backend

on how the loot is being dished out.

One thing I will say that for me is absolutely unacceptable is to receive gray items from contracts, and world events

while on GrandMaster Lvl 2.  Why would level 30 common items be in the Loot Table at all for anything GrandMaster Lvl 2.

Seems like every contract at the end of the mission i have at least one Gray Item.

I mean I could maybe understand if it was a Level 45 item that was gray, and they had gray, green, blue, purple Level 45 stuff

but as it stands as far as i have seen. Only masterworks at the levels of  43-45.  I mean I understand RNG and making the game longer

by grinding. But a Level 30 item even if it was somehow legendary would probably be trash compared to a 45 masterwork. So a Common 

item should be a no go.

Message 57 of 566 (351 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem Support Gear; No legendary Drops, why?

Anonymous
It seems that there is a problem with support gear drops I haven't got support gear of any quality, this happened after the last patch.
Message 58 of 566 (1,091 Views)
Highlighted

Loot drop rates after 2/23 patch

★★★ Novice

Did MW and legendary drops get nerfed into the ground? I am getting a small fraction of these items now compared to before the patch. Why am I seeing a lot more whites, greens, and blues now? Anyone else having this issue in the GM difficulties?

Message 59 of 566 (413 Views)
Twitter Stream