Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Mega thread] Loot system feedback

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Masterwork drop needs an overhaul

★★★★ Guide

You're going to get drowned out here, because the "pros" farmed gobs of equipment in GM3 before the Great Chest Nerf, so they're having no problem at all working through GM1.

Message 40 of 566 (494 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@xDeFeCTx wrote:

Thats what i mean, it takes the fun out of it.

Fine if GM2 and 3 or very hard, they are supposed to be that, but you MUST play GM1 to get access to all gear, it should be fun to farm it.

I have gotten a few MW now, in freeplay and conctrats, but its way to hard to be a fun experience.

It turns out to be cover shooter, without the cover mechanics.

Hiding behind a rock doesnt count...

You are supposed to fly around wreaking havoc on the enemy, but if you step out from cover, it takes 2 seconds to have 1 HP and on the verge of death.

Yes, I absolutely agree. I suppose it will partially turn back to the previous gameplay style once geared with all the masterwork items, but meanwhile the pace of game is very different. A simple solution in a form that at least some components may drop on previous difficulty levels and/or enemies will make less damage can be enough. Hopefully, BW will realize that getting from Hard to Grandmaster1 is harsh and do the adjustments.

Message 41 of 566 (483 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yesterday i did a World event in GM1 solo and it took me ages, the last enemy alone, a hovering  dominion of some sort i think, took me  almost 10 minutes to kill, becuase i ran out of ammo eventually and he insta-recharged his shield every few seconds, i was almost about to give up, but eventually managed to kill him. If i had done it in Hard mode, he would have died in less than 10 seconds.

That is a too big differens in one higher tier.

Bulletsponge enemies are not fun, just boring. Why is it so hard to make it interesting.

Making enemies have more hp and do more damage is the easiers and most boring way to up the difficulty.

Message 42 of 566 (463 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@xDeFeCTx 

ive already said this that we need a transition item before going to GM level. new people will have a problem, as i predicted, the early access got the head up because most of them are cheesing the hell with the cave exploit and chest exploit... pray that you will be with someone who are geared already at least the can carry you until you get strong

Message 43 of 566 (417 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@Gunny-Grabbit 

Transistion item, adjusting difficulty, adding more masterwork on Hard, there are planty of changes that can be done to make it a bit more manageable.

Exploiting is not my playstyle, and im not interested in that Standard smile It should not be a requirement to be able to do harder content.

Message 44 of 566 (397 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

this feels like vanilla d3....

Message 45 of 566 (265 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Masterwork drop and difficulty needs an overhaul/adjustment

★★ Apprentice

I feel your pain. I have about 70 hours played and I do have almost a full set of masterwork gear though the drop rate in GM1 I feel is actually worse than in hard. I have also received very, very few legendary items, for which the ones I did get are worthless trash. I would love to play GM2 or GM3 if they weren't insufferable grind fests.... I'm not sure how they expect players to push into GM2 or GM3. I like a challenge but spending 45 minutes to widdle down a bullet sponge GM2/3 boss for 1 junk masterwork is not my idea of a good time...

Message 46 of 566 (250 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Games been out for a week and only early access where now its at full release for less than a day so far.

I'd like to see it take some time to be able to complete GM3 and not be able to just run through these modes after 50hours of play.

Right now I am playing on Hard with a  Gear score of 170. I blow through the hard content and its not challenging at all. I am in hopes, as I hear on the forums this is true, that GM levels are REALLY hard and challenge me. 

These modes should take teamwork and synergy. Right now in hard mode I can solo just about everything and having teammates don't do anything.

Last night I was 2 shotting elite's in the tyrant mine.

Ill reserve judgment for when i hit 30 and can start GM tho. Right now I can only take peoples word for it.

Message 47 of 566 (244 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
I have 70 hours of play and full MW set. GM1 is about all you can expect to achieve without legendary gear which hardly drops.... Ive only seen a few and I don't use them because they aren't good...
Message 48 of 566 (241 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem Support Gear; No legendary Drops, why?

★★★★ Novice

but i have 80+ Hour´s Playtime over all Mod´s and i have 0 Legendarys  Standard smile it´s thats okay??

Message 49 of 566 (1,174 Views)
Twitter Stream