Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[Mega thread] Loot system feedback

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Anthem Support Gear; No legendary Drops, why?

★★ Novice

Masterwork support abilities are not able to drop right now because the only masterworks dropping are the named ones with special perks. Support abilities do not have these. Besides this fact, I have not dropped a single epic piece of support gear in DAYS. 

To answer your question about the weapons, Hard mode has a limited loot pool of masterworked items that mostly contains weapons. Start playing GM1 and you'll see components, but they ARE rarer, because there's fewer of them than abilities or weapons. 

Message 30 of 566 (1,733 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I think people are not understanding that support gear means the single equip 3rd ability, like the shield wall or buff bubble for storms and not one of the 6 components

Support gear have been rare for me too, tho they are easily crafted. I can craft epic ones already, i think its linked to one of the reputations.

Message 31 of 566 (1,663 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Legendaries and Masterworks (except the 6 weapons) only drop on GM1+.

And only because things don´t drop for streamers, doesn´t mean it doesn´t drop at all.... here my first legendary on GM1 dropped during epic contract just 30 minutes ago (so it´s after the patch... had 79% luck equipped):

wow.jpg

English:

Hitting 2 targets increases your entire damage 20seconds for 35%

+ 25% damage

+ 45% speed

+ 25% gatheringbonus

+ 125% elemental damage

Message 32 of 566 (1,661 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem master and legendary loot drops

★ Guide

You do know there only 6 MW and 0 legendary that drop till gm1 right?

Message 33 of 566 (2,851 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Anthem master and legendary loot drops

★ Guide

GM1 is a guaranteed at least 1 MW or Leg drop from the boss

Lower Difficulty are only had 6 loot pool thats the general rules that they set

Grandmaster have access on the full list loot table

you cant farm MW at lower difficulty you have to go GM1 and stack support+luck gears as much as possible 

Message 34 of 566 (2,813 Views)
Highlighted

Masterwork drop and difficulty needs an overhaul/adjustment

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Its very annoying that you are locked to 6 guns if not playing on GM1 or higher.

You need masterwork gear to have a chance of killing stuff on GM1 without spending 4 mags on a shielded enemy or to get totaly owned if any harder mob appears, but you cant get Masterwork gear if not playing GM1, this feels so wrong.

I would like an increased of i MW gear on hard, maybe 1 or 2 skills or something to each javelin, so you get a fighting chance on GM1.

And just lock away Legendary under GM1, Legendary should not be available on easier difficulty in my opinion.

Its very frustrating, Hard is WAY to easy, and GM1 is way to hard without any good gear, it should be rebalanced or a change in MW pool on Hard to get you started, 6 guns doesnt do anything of value, its the gear and skills that do most of the differens.

It is just a to big differens in difficulty from Hard to GM1, not everyone have friends playing the same game so you can get a good group to play with.

Randoms are mostly fine, but it makes it alot harder to play on GM1 effective.

Just my 2 cents Standard smile

Message 35 of 566 (800 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Masterwork drop needs an overhaul

★★★ Novice

You can obtain mw items pre gm1. They way it works though is the loot pool is limited so you can gain enough power then once you go into those higher difficulties the full mw and legendary item lootle table opens up so you can start collecting and growing in strength from items in that loot table.

Message 36 of 566 (793 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

There is only 6 guns available if you dont play GM1, no skills, no gear or components.

The guns are not good enough to make a big differens, you need the other stuff so you get more shield and armor to survive.

On the ranger a lvl 36 component has 509 armor and shield, a MW component has over 2100 armor and shield, so one MW equals more than 4 normalt components. its a HUGE differens.

Message 37 of 566 (775 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I have a similar feeling. The change of difficulty is pretty steep, especially due enemy damage made almost to the state it becomes un-fun. But, after brief experimenting, I have decided to take a chance in Freeplay, having just epic components and masterwork weapons from Normal/Hard. When playing safe, it's not that bad. You just need to pick your targets, kill the roaming groups outside of events, etc. until something useful drop you there (you can still get masterworks from chests or final "bosses" from these groups, which are easier than in the world events). Even a single masterwork component then can make a difference and things suddenly go more easier. Give it a try. Standard smile

Message 38 of 566 (769 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Thats what i mean, it takes the fun out of it.

Fine if GM2 and 3 or very hard, they are supposed to be that, but you MUST play GM1 to get access to all gear, it should be fun to farm it.

I have gotten a few MW now, in freeplay and conctrats, but its way to hard to be a fun experience.

It turns out to be cover shooter, without the cover mechanics.

Hiding behind a rock doesnt count...

You are supposed to fly around wreaking havoc on the enemy, but if you step out from cover, it takes 2 seconds to have 1 HP and on the verge of death.

Message 39 of 566 (764 Views)
Twitter Stream