Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [Mega thread] Loot system feedback

by TowelieTheTowel8

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

The loot sysyem is now completely screwed and i blame all the whiny idiots that wanted everything NOW NOW NOW, it was fine in the begining and now doing a 3 hour freeplay you are lucky to see 2 masterwork drops let alone a legendary, all and i mean all of my legendary contracts i do now reward me with universal components instead of ones for my javelin and if you get a masterwork one in freeplay it is now 80% of the time for another javelin, not the one you are using, patience is a virtue guys and because you could not wait they have now screwed it entirely, well done.

Message 541 of 567 (232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

From Friday to Sunday this past weekend I played free play legendary contracts and strongholds in total around 30 hours played. No legendry's and besides the guaranteed one from the contracts I only got 3 MW. Something is wrong with the loot system and it need to be fixed now.  

Message 542 of 567 (224 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

First off I live anthem. So much potential in this game. Dont agree then that's your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. 

Saying that... I have just spent 2 hours and 17 minutes in freeplay on GM1. Sat on 138% luck on gear and 30% Harvest. Here's what I farmed:-

5 Caves

14 World Events

6 Chests

53 Harvest veins 

In excess of 500 enemies

Here's my notable loot:-

1 Masterwork component (not for javelin I farmed on)

1 Masterwork ember.

That's it.... are you serious with this loot BioWare!?!?

Message 543 of 567 (216 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@TomButler89 wrote:

First off I live anthem. So much potential in this game. Dont agree then that's your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. 

Saying that... I have just spent 2 hours and 17 minutes in freeplay on GM1. Sat on 138% luck on gear and 30% Harvest. Here's what I farmed:-

5 Caves

14 World Events

6 Chests

53 Harvest veins 

In excess of 500 enemies

Here's my notable loot:-

1 Masterwork component (not for javelin I farmed on)

1 Masterwork ember.

That's it.... are you serious with this loot BioWare!?!?

I have spent many hours in GM1 Freeplay because I like it, I am not there to farm anything like Legendary's etc I am a MW 690 Ranger, I am not running any special build, I tend to go for dps not harvesting etc, I have 33% luck with more in Support+ (I assume it only buffs your luck when you use support and I don't bother with support in GM1 Freeplay), I have received 3 Legendary's and about 12 MW's in the last 3 days. Some runs I do for hours and I get just epics and rares, then some runs I get a bunch of MW's then I can have a bunch of runs where I get Legendary's. I have probably done 20 times the amount of things you have done in Freeplay. IMO 2hrs wont get you much at all.

Message 544 of 567 (207 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Dear Bioware Team,

With all respect, it seems you guys dropped a hotfix last night before the patch. The effect of that change put loot and difficulty close to an ideal state. We are all shocked it was rolled back when the patch hit.

How it was last night is what it should be, or at least close to it.

That it all changed when the patch caught up to the hotfix is very disappointing. Please consider hotfixing things back to, or close to, that point that it was at last night.

You can easily view this subreddit and see how much damage these unintentional loot teasers are doing. After pulling back on what people really want, twice, people are going to have hard time trusting you guys. It should be very obvious what we all want and that it will benefit Anthem greatly.

Do the right things and hotfix it back to the scaling of difficulty and drops we saw last night. Or at least close to it.

We all want to have fun playing Anthem. Please help us do so.

Very Best,

All Us Freelancers

https://imgur.com/gallery/e2eIKzr?fbclid=IwAR1yBN6I70aS7r_nCs7oUrPUPCYME_L26u_cDLhPiqOXDWlC-krkdrrCY...

https://imgur.com/a/mtvv6Qq

Message 545 of 567 (202 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I've been playing on my MW 690 storm. Only things I need for it are legendary upgrades or better rolled stats in some cases. I'm not saying I dont like playing anthem, I really do, however my point is, the whole reward system feels less like a reward and more of a half *, lackluster, that'll do type of thing. It's by no means going to stop me playing the game. I just feel like the luck stats are redundant if I can just farm Tyrant Mine over and over for at least 1 guaranteed MW every 20-30mins, whereas several hours on freeplay gives next to nothing.
Message 546 of 567 (195 Views)

★ Guide

@houseofcantor wrote:

There's been too much consistent negative feedback about loot to not give drops a little buff sooner rather than later - for the sake of the community. For myself, I'd like to see more MW embers. Didn't see one all day Saturday after playing the better part of 20 hours. Also think MW gear/weapons should salvage into 3 embers instead of one.

So you're saying because there is a lot of feedback means that those people have a degree in game design and know how to create a good game? I'd say that assumption is false.

Message 547 of 567 (161 Views)

★★ Novice

Honestly my biggest issue with the loot system is that you have to grind for hours and hours to get a legendary drop and then you open it up and it's not even for the class that your trying to gear. Im running my colossus to gear it for Grandmaster 2 and 3 and all my legendary drops have been for the storm and interceptor.  I honestly believe legendary gear should be for the class you are currently running bc otherwise if you wanted to gear a certain class you would run that class.

Message 548 of 567 (142 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think part of the problem is also what Destiny 2 ran into.  They didn't invest enough time in to creating interesting and meaningful high level loot. Then on top of that, they only made a very small number of items.

If masterworks are going to have such  a large pool of inscriptions (or any gear for that matter) then they need to drop more frequently to even give a possibility of getting something decent.  However, keeping Legendaries rare is fine but don't just make 20 different items.  There should literally be hundreds of legendary items and a thousand Masterworks.  It's clear though that items were not a big time investment.  

So what do players get? TONS of completely uninteresting duplicates with inappropriate inscriptions (machine pistol damage on a sniper rifle anyone?) over and over and over again.  Then you get a Legendary and it also is uninteresting and with even worse stats than your masterwork version.

Or now, with the reduced drop rates, you get a few masterworks that are terrible and many are duplicates and even fewer legendaries that can be worse than the masterwork.

This brings me to another point that Destiny 2 had wrong for a while also.  A legendary should NEVER have worse stats than the Masterwork version of it.  A legendary's inscription stats should START at the HIGHEST possible roll of a Masterwork. This would make your legendary at least guaranteed to never ever be worse than what you already have in a Masterwork.

Message 549 of 567 (141 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

240 hours in and trust me ive only just noticed the crippling lack of masterworks popping and the drowning flow of purples all over the place, i got a legendary today which was nice with poop stats, but masterworks have suffered now big style, now as rare as legendary.

Message 550 of 567 (155 Views)
Twitter Stream

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help