Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [Mega thread] Loot system feedback

by Ri0tous

Original Post

★ Apprentice
I have found that when ever you disconnect after loot drops it is still in your loot table. To access your loot table all you have to complete an expedition. This is as easy as queuing up for Freeplay and leaving immediately after loading in. I discovered this by chance on the open Demo weekend when you got disconnected almost every time after looting the 1st or second chest in the Stronghold. Got DC'd and meant to queue up for stronghold again and hit Freeplay by mistake. Exited immediately and had like 20 items in my loot table from being kicked 4 times in a row.
Message 391 of 567 (177 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Aetrion wrote:

There is definitely an unreasonable jump in game difficulty vs. loot chance going from hard to GM1 at 400 gear score. My Javelin gets melted and does hardly any damage to enemies on GM1, and what am I getting out of those runs? Just more purples which I already had a full set of to even get to 400. 

Ultimately I just don't like random loot. I want all of the loot I gather to break down into materials I use to build the perfect equipment and keep it updated so that everything I worked on in the past stays relevant as the game evolves. I don't like wasting time on a lottery to get gear that becomes obsolete the second the first level cap increase hits.

Yea that's kind of why you need need to do either Strongholds or Legendary Contracts.  Honestly nothing beyond that is worth it.  I can do freeplay for a while and maybe get one MW gear.  I did 15 contracts atleast on GM1 yesterday found 1 legendary and 0 MWs not counting the 3 legendary contract rewards.  Which sucks.  Even made worse by the fact that the Legendary was a piece of crap.

Message 392 of 567 (174 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The loot is the main issue i will not be playing anthem and will be switching over to Division 2, i had high high hopes for anthem and it did hit the mark for something the game play is fun, mechanics are solid for the most part, but end-game mainly loot makes this game something i can't stand. 

1. Legendary- theirs nothing special about them there the exact same as masterworks with just better stat's made me kinda mad wanted to get cool perks for them and you guys just re-did the masterworks numbers seemed lazy asf to me.

2. GM 1,2,3- Theres very very little to make people do GM 2/3 for loot the tables aren't balanced good enough to make time and reward matter, the fact GM3 drops blues in chests on strongholds BLOWS my mind and is inexcusable period. more like GM1 Epics, Masterworks, GM2 Epics, Masterworks, Legendary,  GM3 Masterworks, Legendary. Blues, green or whites should NEVER show in these chests period. 

3. Inscriptions- I have legendarys worthless because they rolled physical damage which doesn't affect that gear item and it only apply to that item there is a solid case that inscriptions in this game are worthless and 1/2 them don't work very very solid proof for alot of this too.

4. Re-roll inscriptions- Who ever thought NOT putting in this game needs to be fired, you can get a good 3/4 and 1 slot thats worthless and makes the item trash. Division lets you re-roll 1 stat no reason you cant re-roll 1 stat and just put it in and make it cost more every time you re-roll that stat.  

5. Endless hunt- You guys made a looter horrific in the worst way, i LOVE loot shooters or loot style games in general, Destiny, Division, diablo 3, MMOs am 100% obsessed with looter genres period yet i find this game worthless as a looter and a loot shooter.

(Side note i dont know that this game should be called a loot shooter, taking guns out i dont think would matter alot in this game endgame is just endless ability spamming) 

6. RNG Trash- Am all for games that have RNG into them but you guys take it to a horrible level, why do you have a RNG system in GM3 chests that drop blues, greens and whites? Its the hardest content in the game in NO way should anything below masterworks/legendary drop from this.

7. RNG System re-work- The shared tables for everything is very very bad idea major content strongholds, freeplay, mission should have different table percentages and as far as i can tell either A. Its not working how you guys want it to or B. You wanna make the game so artificially difficult you destroyed the fun

To sum it up this game seems more of a early access title than a full 60$ launch game maybe 30$ (I paid for 2 months of Origin premier glad i didn't pay the full 60$+). 

Can we blame Bioware or EA? NO

Heres why Destiny 1/2 and Division 1/2(I bet D2 will have issues with loot as will)  and i would argue Diablo 3 struggled with almost the SAME exact issue i think the issues anthem has for Loot, game play, etc, will be ironed out in 3-6months it takes a live player base to figure out the tweaks and modifications to make a game like this good and i think Destiny, Division and Diablo are all prime examples of this and the fact it can be fixed. Is loot terrible in this game i would argue its worse than the other 3 titles ive mentioned but as long as BW & EA stick with it and keep support in 3-6months this game will be much more fun to play!

Personally IMO: The way EA treats games and the way Mass Effect Andromeda was treated i don't think this game will have more than 1-2 years of support before it dies. The physical sales of this game are so low am shocked, it is also the worst rated game BW has ever released. Sadly i don't think this title will make it more than 1-2 years knowing how money Hungary EA and the game industry as a hole, i hope this game gets fixed and keeps going but am not holding my breath. 

Message 393 of 567 (158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'd like to start with a quick word about the overall game;  I've played ton of hours, vip demo, hit 30 on early release weekend, full masterwork interceptor, I LOVE this game.  Can't thank you enough for the effort already in the game, I'd love for this game to be a mainstay I return to off and on for years.

My perception(opinion): My Ideas(Also opinion)

Currently, I have the main Jav I want in full masterwork and here is what things look like from my perspective at the moment.

• I have no reason to farm items on main Jav even though i feel like all my items are rolled as poorly as possible, absolute zero inscription benefits. This is how I feel about loot in general.  I am still playing the game hours a day, enjoying everything but the loot for the most part.  Sure there may be less content then there will be later on down the road now, but that doesn't bother me as long as I'm consistently improving my Javs.  I could gear out my other Javs, but its way to early for me to want to switch.  The Jav designs are awesome!  All of my friends immediately identified 1-2 that fit them and for me it was interceptor and other than a few skill tweaks (What is cluster mines supposed to do for me?) I am totally content with my Jav choice.
    • Give me reasons to farm items! Any reason, new items, better items, a solid shot at creating the custom build I want
  • I have one of every masterwork available.  This, in and of itself, is not an issue that needs fixed.  I have plenty of options available to me and I have no doubt more are coming and that is fine. It's just, at the moment, this is where the loot grind stops for me due to the following:  My perception is that the best I could ever do with current loot rolls is 2 out of 4 usable inscriptions on gear or 1 of 2 on components
    • This is the big one everyone is talking about.  With drop rates and rolls now, I feel like I could burn myself out of the game, play hundreds of hours, and have collected maybe one or two items with better than 50% of the inscriptions being good.  Statistics tell me those few items probably won't even be the item I want for my build and the inscriptions would dictate that build as I won't have the luxury to farm the inscriptions for the build i want to play. 
    • I play a lot of hours, this means to me I should expect to see a little bit of loot saturation (obviously not yet, as the game hasn't been out long enough yet, but please suffer my extrapolation), which means if I'm having trouble getting any of the items I want, then I'm worried someone with a more casual time commitment may never see a single peice of loot that knocks their socks off. And thats the dream really.
  • Non-masteworks aren't viable.  I mean it just as directly as I put it.  You hindered non master-works on two levels, the overall item power and the number of inscriptions.  This makes them somewhat exponentially worse than the higher tier items.  This makes loot tiers throw away, which feels bad.  
    • Make rarity tiers carry much less penalty for numbers, personally i'd like to see all rarity tiers have the same base stats;  Armor, Shield, Damage, etc. all the same or very very close from white - masterwork with a slight bump for legendary.  Make the difference in the inscriptions and bonus effects.  I think it's great that each rarity tier loses an inscription slot, but I want to see that epic gear item that rolled three amazing inscriptions and I haven't gotten that sweet masterwork or legendary yet with four, so the epic actually beats out a few of my masterworks for now.  With todays gear, I salvage all epic and lower without reading them because their base power is too low anyway, and that is a LOT of holding down salvage. 
    • On that note just increasing the drop rate isn't a great solution, the items need to be more valuable, as I'm already spending a lot of time salvaging and while I can use those mats to craft, well that doesn't gain me anything.  I crafted 50 epics and 5 masterworks without getting a single usable inscription roll and I won't touch crafting again with the current state of affairs.
  • So much rng.
    • This is pretty much an extension of the above, but right now there is so much RNG, I keep seeing masterworks with +1% toward a stat.  That should NEVER happen.  Some sort of limit like Legendary rolling between 75-100% of max, masterwork 60-100%, epic 50-100%, rare 40-100% etc. seems needed.  i don't ever want to see a legendary drop that I am so disappointed in it discourages me playing out the rest of the night.  Thats how I feel when I see +1% damage to something on a legendary.  Is "Wow, with that luck I may as well just pack it in for the night".  There are enough inscription possibilities that I could get a legendary with every inscription rolled >75% of max possible and i'd still need to farm 2-3 more of the same item for other builds! This is a good thing, more options for me I feel better cause wow look how beneficial these items are.
  • Creating builds is not as easy as I'd like.  I'm forced to use the build my inscriptions roll for because I don't see myself being able to farm the correct inscriptions.
    • Maybe this is just more reinforcement of my above argument, but I have build ideas in mind!  When I am looking for nothing but weapon and ult damage, and I see an item that rolls +35% [E] skill damage, I think "Wow, maybe i need to consider an [E] skill build".  However, when I've been looking for Weapon or Ultimate damage for 2 weeks and haven't seen a single usable item with that inscription yet, I am FORCED to try an [E] skill build, and it doesn't feel as fun cause it's forced on me.  There is tons of variety but right now there are so many compounding factors to make loot undesirable I can't even recognize them all to give feedback.
  • What do certain inscriptions do
    • I really want to know precicely what some of these inscriptions mean.  If the UI does not have enough space to explain it, and development time is precious right now so you can't get it into the Cortex just yet.  An official forum post that just describes what the inscription icons mean and inscriptions themselves do would be enough.  We have some decent data and community sharing, but we still don't know what a lot means.  Help us out a bit here.
  • What is affected by inscriptions
    • This is more targeted at the UI, we have all these fancy bars showing us how much damage a skill does or how much armor/shield a component gives.  All I ask is some indication of our build strength.  Make the bar show the bonus from gear in a second color at least with the correct number post inscription power.  I just want to see my build reflected on my stats somehow so I have a way to recognize my power is going up.
  • As the loadouts stand now I can't test out alterations to a loadout without that loadout being saved over
    • Another UI gripe.  The loadout feature is great.  But I want to save a loadout I can recall at any time.  But, if I want to try out two new items to see their effect on that loadout, I may not want that saved, I want to be able to test new items without losing my saved loadout to them.  

Thank you for creating these types of discussions proactively and giving us a chance to have a voice!

Message 394 of 567 (233 Views)

Re: Anthem Support Gear; No legendary Drops, why?

★★★★ Novice

God I feel your pain man

Message 395 of 567 (210 Views)

Re: Anthem Support Gear; No legendary Drops, why?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ways to Fix the Endless (and reward less) Loot grind (so it's actually WORTH the effort and time) if they REMOVE these from these area's:

Shield Max / % (On weapons, GREAT for components)

Armour Max / % (on weapons, GREAT for components)

Ammo Drop Rate / Amount / % (on ANYTHING, ammo drops very steadily)

Health Drop Rate / % (on weapons, on components it belongs there)

Weapon Aim (you literally aim it, this is worthless)

Magazine Size (on anything, ammo drops steadily)

Ultimate Damage / Speed (on weapons, GREAT on components)

Harvest Amount / % (on ANYTHING, Flora is freaking EVERYWHERE)

Support Speed / Luck (on weapons, it's worthless here, belongs on components and the Support items themselves!)

Thruster Life / Speed / Heat/ etc (on anything, water is EVERYWHERE and the cool down is near instant)

Overheat Delay / Buildup (Anywhere, again, it barely lasts a 30 seconds)

Pickup Range (on weapons, useful on components to hit those long looting / health & ammo drops)

Weapon % Damage below 50% (anything else is insulting... 2%. really?)

Remove these from their bracketed area's and you make looting and grinding with it, you also REWARD the players for putting up with the grind.

Oh and nerf Enemy health by like half in GM 2 and 3, abilities and skills are worthless there next to raw weapon damage, especially if you stack IMPACT affixes.

Please see my attached Picture, it's a prime example of useless stats... on my first legendary no less.... entirely useless.

Message 396 of 567 (134 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Insult and Injury

Masterwork Grenade Launcher  Power 45

Upgraded Bombardier: Grenades bounce before exploding.

Victor's Bulwark: Defeating an enemy clears harmful status effects and boosts effect resistance by 75% for 10 seconds.

A-Rifle: +3% Dmg     Mks Rifle +8% Ammo

Shotgun +19% Ammo    Gear +15% Speed

WTF.

Just gonna keep posting the useless masterworks I get here.

That is all.

Message 397 of 567 (202 Views)

★★ Apprentice

loot feedback

fix stats and/or increase drops, gear progression was white-epic and the next step is masterworks, just as we see hardly any green-blue and a we see a sea of purple the GM1+ gear is orange and that should by 90% of what drops as 99% of it will be broken down and 25 of them to make 1 extra MW and again 99% of them will have bad stats unless you due some heavy programming to remove or alter that to only have stats useable by that gear     like a physical ability gaining elemental damage bonus that does nothin since it isn't elemental....

Message 398 of 567 (202 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ways to Fix the Endless (and reward less) Loot grind (so it's actually WORTH the effort and time) if they REMOVE these from these area's:

Shield Max / % (On weapons, GREAT for components)

Armour Max / % (on weapons, GREAT for components)

Ammo Drop Rate / Amount / % (on ANYTHING, ammo drops very steadily)

Health Drop Rate / % (on weapons, on components it belongs there)

Weapon Aim (you literally aim it, this is worthless)

Magazine Size (on anything, ammo drops steadily)

Ultimate Damage / Speed (on weapons, GREAT on components)

Harvest Amount / % (on ANYTHING, Flora is freaking EVERYWHERE)

Support Speed / Luck (on weapons, it's worthless here, belongs on components and the Support items themselves!)

Thruster Life / Speed / Heat/ etc (on anything, water is EVERYWHERE and the cool down is near instant)

Overheat Delay / Buildup (Anywhere, again, it barely lasts a 30 seconds)

Pickup Range (on weapons, useful on components to hit those long looting / health & ammo drops)

Weapon % Damage below 50% (anything else is insulting... 2%. really?)

Remove these from their bracketed area's and you make looting and grinding with it, you also REWARD the players for putting up with the grind.

Oh and nerf Enemy health by like half in GM 2 and 3, abilities and skills are worthless there next to raw weapon Impact damage. 

oh and should our drops be tied to our Power rating or gear score... i at Masterwork 490 should no longer be seeing Commons, uncommons or Rares.... nothing like a HoR 3 stage fight for 3 blues....

Message 399 of 567 (199 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Not sure if anyone has given this suggestion.

Perhaps we can make drops and drop chance work in this way for Masterworks and Legendary items?

Hard:

Masterwork - Item level 40, 25% chance to drop from boss/mission completion.

Legendary - Item level 43, 5% chance to drop from boss/mission completion.

Grandmaster 1:

Masterwork - Item level 45, 50% chance to drop from boss/mission completion.

Legendary - Item level 48, 10% chance to drop from boss/mission completion.

Grandmaster 2:

Masterwork - Item level 50, 75% chance to drop from boss/mission completion.

Legendary - Item level 53, 18% chance to drop from boss/mission completion.

Grandmaster 3:

Masterwork - Item level 55, 100% chance to drop from boss/mission completion.

Legendary - Item level 60, 25% chance to drop from boss/mission completion.

Message 400 of 567 (199 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help