Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Loot drops... Players doin it wrong.

by Ri0tous

Original Post

Re: Bioware: Pls do not revert loot nerf

★ Apprentice

MW and Legendaries are the base intro End Game gear we should see 5-6 MW drops minimum per GM1 and scale up accordingly. With Random stats it should take a pretty good amount of time to find a perfect build for you play style. As well, I am sure set gear, unique weapon, and vanity drops will be coming and that is were we should be spending hours upon hours to get the god roll drops. 

Message 200 of 567 (172 Views)

Masterwork/Legendary rolls and grind

★★★★ Novice

From what happened Friday of Mw/Legendary gear dropping more frequently was amazing it needs to be added back cause now it seems if you wanna see more high tier loot you gotta spec you stats for luck. 

1.Loot

Ideas: Needs to be higher drop rates for Mw/Legendary gear when entering Gm1~3 cause the minor perks/rolls on gear makes no sense for what they roll on(Example: Elemental Rage with perks of increasing LMG/Marksman/Grenade Launcher ammo/dmg when the gun is a auto rifle). Perks that roll on Mw/legendary gear needs to make sense to that type of weapon/gear. I seen someone on Youtube talking about idea of increasing drops rates but having the "perfect" roll lower chance cause now people who are in "endgame" are wanting to Min/Max their gear but can't when they can't get the roll they need or can't get a Mw/Legendary period. What I would like to see change is when a Auto Rifle Mw/Legendary drops I wanna see perks that make since on it like Auto Rifle ammo/dmg/magazine % increase or when I get a component for my Storm it rolls perks like Recharge speed+[_]%, Gear Charges+[_]%, Abilities dmg increase+[_]%. Give us perks that make sense on the gear it rolls on doesn't have to be high numbers but atleast make it to where I can see myself keeping it till I get a even better rolls.

2."Endgame"

Ideas: There needs to be more mission variants and more types of challenging activities than possibly Cataclysms in MAY. No player is gonna stick around for another 2 months to wait for content to slowly drop out and not be enough or challenging/rewarding(what I mean by rewarding I don't mean a vinyl)BioWare needs to quickly think of more things in endgame than cataclysms and a NG+ or w/e. I am tired of just destroying objectives then killing enemies or protect this then kill enemies or collect this then kill enemies there needs to be more in missions and Freeplay. Needs missions or more boss fights that have mechanics(nothing super hard but at least adds a little challenge), AI needs to be smarter, moving than just hitting hard and having ton more HP/resistance.

I would like to hear other people's opinions/ideas on how they would like the loot and endgame changed.

Message 201 of 567 (84 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Smh.   Damn shame...game barely a week old and y'all just want loot handed to ya. Then next thing you know you're all complaining about nothing to do because you got all the loot.  You do realize it's gonna be a bit before you can even do anything with that perfect build right. Why the rush? 

Message 202 of 567 (442 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@blkspell wrote:

Smh.   Damn shame...game barely a week old and y'all just want loot handed to ya. Then next thing you know you're all complaining about nothing to do because you got all the loot.  You do realize it's gonna be a bit before you can even do anything with that perfect build right. Why the rush? 

It's simple that we cannot achieve what said here.

https://twitter.com/anthemgame/status/1086782313063542784?lang=en

Inscription rolls will change your Javelin play style.  Such as Interceptor is being forced to play as a range Shooter instead of CQC.  If you don't have correct Inscription, you will die as soon you go into CQC.

Message 203 of 567 (422 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Navystylz wrote:

@sjhfgs wrote:

not convinced it works or does what people think , im running +90% drop chance and a little over +200% luck on my colossus i notice no difference going between it and my ranger thats of similar item level but has way low luck stats.

the lack of benifit of running gm 2 or 3 make me suspect its just outright broken , and it seems stupid to allow that stat to work like this , it would break the system. i would not be surprised if it just works within the white to purple range.

People have been reporting that anything over 100% luck breaks the stat. 

I had 135% Luck, and getting nothing, stripped it back to 80ish and starting to get legendaries and masterworks....

I owe you one

Message 204 of 567 (383 Views)

★ Guide

@nk125 wrote:

@Navystylz wrote:

@sjhfgs wrote:

not convinced it works or does what people think , im running +90% drop chance and a little over +200% luck on my colossus i notice no difference going between it and my ranger thats of similar item level but has way low luck stats.

the lack of benifit of running gm 2 or 3 make me suspect its just outright broken , and it seems stupid to allow that stat to work like this , it would break the system. i would not be surprised if it just works within the white to purple range.

People have been reporting that anything over 100% luck breaks the stat. 

I had 135% Luck, and getting nothing, stripped it back to 80ish and starting to get legendaries and masterworks....

I owe you one

pull back on luck too ... three 

Ursix and finally one masterwork dropped ... 

Message 205 of 567 (338 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@blkspell wrote:

This is incorrect and the game "hands you loot" easily on GM1 the core issue of this game is that GM 2,3 isn't rewarding enough to make any players i know play it expect maybe free play, The fact after 60hrs i and many people i know are all Masterwork 488+ is a simple sign this game just hands loot over your incorrect that it doesn't this is a lootfest game. The really issue with this game is loot is handed over so easily and freely in GM1 no one trys GM 2, 3 almost ever by the time you do a GM2 tyrant mine a group can do 2-3 GM1s and get more loot and more masterworks 99% of the time. This game has SOLID issues for how loot works and difficultly works kinda that simple. Doing GM3 should drop basically all masterworks it is the hardest end game possible dropping Epics or below is worthless and frankly dumb, this is a core issue Destiny ran into and Division ran into, the loot in this game overall needs a work over so does the difficulty so GM1 isnt more rewarding than GM2 when you factor in time. Also the inscriptions everyone keeps talking about theres no way to know if they even work, i have 2 legendary that have physical damage rolls that do nothing because its bugged, inscriptions are as far as am concerned worthless theirs far to many reports and proof that alot of them aren't working right. OVerall loot in this game is a complete mess. 

Message 206 of 567 (125 Views)

Drop rates. Face the facts

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

Newer to the forum, not so much for social media and reddit for this game. I see a lot of people share mixed opinions for the current drop rate vs the old, but nobody is getting down the grit of why this change/nerf is bad.

Have any of you, who are currently playing, done any math on how much time it will take to grind/craft/roll items into 1 build? I'll be brief, but if on GM2, Tyrant Mine SH this takes my team just under an hr to complete, let's say 40mins. The best runs have given us 3 MW's, usually 2, sometimes none (Go with 3). It takes 25 MW's to roll an item via crafting. If it takes 10 rolls in crafting to finally create a item suited for my build, how much time will it take to complete my build by crafting every item on my Javelin, which is a total of 11 separate items? ----- If you did your math right, you should see 611.11hrs per Javelin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .......and that's if my team never wipes, doesn't crash, and we get 3 MW's EVERY TIME.

Hopefully you will luck out with the stat rolls on the items, but this doesn't include all the time it takes to get to lvl 30 and gear to survive GM2, get the 150k loyalties to unlock MW component prints, support and other prints etc. If you don't see a huge problem here for a game like Anthem, then you don't understand how to keep a playerbase grinding. Progression needs to feel like it's in motion and not stagnant!!!

Proof is in the pudding gentlemen, are you ready to face a 611hr, 1222hr or maybe even higher grind time for one build for one Jav? I am not, because these odds and requirements to build a functional Javelin to face GM3 is beyond sanity.

Face it, that's way too much time for a game that could easily increase lvl cap and force you to start-over on your gear.

Message 207 of 567 (258 Views)

Re: Bioware: Pls do not revert loot nerf

★★★★ Guide

@nk125 wrote:

Screw you!

Some of us did not exploit the game and are stuck at a power level because of the nerf

Well said

And it will see an exodus of the populations now thanks to them.. It's already getting hard to get teams together since the nerf for me.

Message 208 of 567 (149 Views)

Masterwork Drops

★★★★ Novice

I understand that RNG and I may not be friends but for the love of Yvenia, not another Binary Star!  So many guns and gear I could get but I keep getting the same handful of MW dropping at least 3 out of 4 times.  Still running with Epic support gear as I have yet to see a MW support drop.

Message 209 of 567 (272 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help