Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Bioware: Pls do not revert loot nerf

by ICEMAN_ANTHEM

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Difficulties Loot is awkward in Anthem

★★★ Guide

@munkt0r wrote:
Your solution would have the majority of the playerbase fully maxed after a week, just like the Division at launch was.

How ?

Message 160 of 566 (163 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Loot Working As Intended

★★★★★ Apprentice

cant find the comment , no idea if its true , but it was claimed luck only works on making the spread between white and purple to favour purple more MW / Leg drop rates are the same always. apparently it was deemed nescessary or luck would of just been seen as essential and no one would run with anything alse. that actually makes a lot of sense to me and matches my anecdotal and statistically irrelevent personal observations. so i doubt its true but you never know.

Message 161 of 566 (152 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I have to agree on this, getting all the loot masterworks (good rolls) in less than 2 weeks will leave you with almost nothing to do (ok, you can reroll to see if you can get better stats), and legendaries have to feel like that, legendaries!, exotic items that are hard to get.

Although getting none it's also frustrating, there has to be a balance, and i agree on the current droprate besides legendary contracts and strongholds is not enough, but the "saturday" loot rain isn't the answer either.

The approach for me now is 3 legendary contracts a day and some strongholds, so, if you are building a Storm with Ice Storm and Glacial Spear (just an example), if you get Black Ice with a mediocre roll, instead of grinding like crazy to chase another drop, you do the gear challenge to get the blueprint, then you roll it to get better stats, and so on...

But, personally, besides the "challenge", now i don't see any incentive to play in GM in freeworld, contracts or quickplay, the time investment with the low MW drops, it's not really worth it.

I think with 3 strongholds as endgame content, and the repetitive legendary missions, lowering the drop rate, so the player have to repeat the same content over and over is not the answer, if they want to lower the droprates, at least, give the players more sources to get them.

So, imho, first, they have to address useless stats on gear, mostly components (besides the ton of bugs and issues the game have ^^U), and then add more sources to get loot, not less. Also, not everyone plays +4h a day, and for those who can, i don't think is worth it with the current endgame content, curious to see what they bring to the table in next weeks.

Message 162 of 566 (149 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Great feedback so far guys. I would love for these types of posts to continue to trend so the devs can hear from as many frustrated players as possible. I understand that this is how their loot system was originally intended to be, but clearly the playerbase does not like it. If they want to keep their players/fans, something has to give.

Message 163 of 566 (147 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
It's a freaking looter shooter not a charity you're supposed to farm like borderlands, vbiable, destiny si get over your doomsaying * is getting real tiresome seeing KIDS * about loot drop. Go play any game with loot and it's just as bad if not worse
Message 164 of 566 (146 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@Arsenic_Touch wrote:

Funny that you bring up D3 when the changes to the loot was regarded as the best decision they've ever made compared to how dull it was previously to find something cool or useful. 

That's exactly what I was thinking. Without that change in loot, D3 would have died a slow death.

Message 165 of 566 (235 Views)
Highlighted

Re: I think grand master and loot has issues.

★★★ Novice
Honestly, unless you are strong enough to clear them quickly. There is no reason to jump to GM2 for the increased loot chance. Much better to just run GM1 strongholds.

That being said, if you are already decked out in high rolled gear with a good build and good allies, GM2 is worth running IMO.
Message 166 of 566 (108 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:
It's a freaking looter shooter not a charity you're supposed to farm like borderlands, vbiable, destiny si get over your doomsaying * is getting real tiresome seeing KIDS * about loot drop. Go play any game with loot and it's just as bad if not worse

Kids? I highly doubt anyone who has commented on this post is new to the genre. I have played every "looter shooter" available, every arpg (Diablo 1-3, Torchlight, Grim Dawn, etc) and NONE of them are as bad with loot as Anthem currently is. Are you an elitist that just enjoys having their time wasted and not getting rewarded for it? Because that's what is happening right now.

Message 167 of 566 (138 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@UltimateSaiyan34 wrote:

The "hardcores" as you call them, which I am, are the ones complaining, which is what matters. Anthem is not rewarding you for your time in its current state and the majority of the player base will be left with a sour taste in their mouth if it is not fixed. I am still one of the original "hardcores" of Diablo 3 with over 4000 hours played in it, and the way Diablo 3 handles loot is how Anthem should be. We need to see a lot of Masterworks and Legendaries, that's the point of getting the inscriptions that you want, you have to keep finding the items, and in the current state of Anthem, players aren't finding squat, myself included. You are not a "hardcore" as you would like to believe, you are an elitist and are not doing anything to help the game. I am an early founder of Anthem and I will continue playing it, hopefully for thousands of hours, but not if my time isn't valued.

Loot seems ok so far

I'm around level 10, so haven't started dropping masterwork, etc.

I don't like games that give out all the great loot early & often... but being too stingy is also an issue. Trying to find that perfect balance is the trick, and it may take some adjusting from Bioware.

Since people keep mentioning Diablo - I loved original version of Diablo 3 & thought loot was very balanced, but then with Reaper expansion everything got wanky and loot was raining from the sky.  Fun for a bit, but then quickly became an OP God and crushed everything. Quit b/c it got boring.

Balance is the key Wink

Message 168 of 566 (235 Views)
Highlighted

Re: I think grand master and loot has issues.

★★★ Apprentice
What do you consider high rolled decked out? I’m sitting at 490 and it isn’t anywhere close to easy. Enemies are incredibly tanky. You are 100% better off speed running gm1 for the mw.
Message 169 of 566 (102 Views)
Twitter Stream