Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The easy loot will kill the game (IMO)

by Bistoory

Original Post

[Mega thread] Loot system feedback

Community Manager (retired)

Hello Freelancers!

I'm sure many of you have already played the game long enough to get your own solid opinion about Anthem's loot system and we would love to hear about it!

Of course there are many on-going discussions about this happening on the forum as I am making this post, but we would like to keep them consolidated in one place for our and your convenience.

Please remember about our rules and guidelines while posting - we're happy to hear about your ideas and impressions, but always keep the human on the other side of the screen in mind when you are posting here. Try to be constructive and respectful.

Yes, many of the already posted threads about the loot system will be moved in here, so apologies for the confusion it might create.

Thanks for all your feedback so far, keep it coming Freelancers!

Your friendly Cypher,
/Ataashi

Message 358 of 567 (3,723 Views)
Highlighted

The easy loot will kill the game (IMO)

★★★ Guide

Like it's killing World Of Warcraft, where Blizzard destroyed the sense of epic-ness by letting people get full epic on the first two weeks of every new content.

Most people that played from 15/02 are already full masterwork and I'm sure most of them will be full legendary in two weeks, no matter the inscriptions on the gear, purple gear tier is already dead and that's a part why people are not feeling any excitement when getting new loot.

How is Bioware going to deal with that ? adding more GM difficulties like in Diablo ?

Message 1 of 567 (4,639 Views)

Re: The easy loot will kill the game (IMO)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Those who get full masterworks on 15 Feb are lifeless people who rush every single mission and skip cutscenes. Why care about them if you are here to enjoy the story.

On top of that, considering we need to roll bonus stats on Masterwork weapons for each Jav, I don't think a perfect set could be finished within weeks.

Message 2 of 567 (4,596 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I disagree with the difference Inscriptions can make. If you have bad inscriptions that do not synergize well, then your gear is still sub par. No way anyone has perfect gear yet  or will have anytime soon. 

Message 3 of 567 (4,573 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Quite a few don't even know how auras, primers and detonators work still, so not too worried about people with masterwork gear. 

Message 4 of 567 (4,566 Views)

★ Guide
Moreover to my comment above. If you want Bioware to nerf the droprate now, it's not a wise move because this act is punishing those who are actually going through the stories in detail, and those who have other important things like jobs to do in real life.
Message 5 of 567 (4,553 Views)

★★★ Guide

@KomariKai wrote:

Quite a few don't even know how auras, primers and detonators work still, so not too worried about people with masterwork gear. 

You should cause people will lose that excitement of getting something unique, which means the game is less interesting to play.

Message 6 of 567 (4,550 Views)

★ Guide

@Bistoory wrote:

@KomariKai wrote:

You should cause people will lose that excitement of getting something unique, which means the game is less interesting to play.

I wonder if you are one of those people who grinded The Division 50 hours in the dark (hack) sector, gained nothing but still call it fun.

Message 7 of 567 (4,512 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
epic or masterwork is just higher level gear.. its not more rare, more powerfull.. no its mandatory gear wich you need.. could just as well be named normall gear..

so dont act as if its special gear, because its not.
Message 8 of 567 (4,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@HK-SHArK-FiN wrote:
Moreover to my comment above. If you want Bioware to nerf the droprate now, it's not a wise move because this act is punishing those who are actually going through the stories in detail, and those who have other important things like jobs to do in real life.

@Bistoory 

I like to add, I found my Rare Gear in Loot Boxes, and I was excited to find it. I go thru the list of inscriptions, add what helps my playstyle.  I still have a lower level Item, cause it boost X. 

Message 9 of 567 (4,458 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help