May I Have Some Squad Mates or Is That Too Much To Ask?

by JonStriker126

Original Post

May I Have Some Squad Mates or Is That Too Much To Ask?

[ Edited ]

Seriously. The amount of times I've Q'd up this season, only to be greeted with a Legend Selection screen where I'm the only person on my squad, is unreal. I mean, if I get really lucky, I might get *one* Squad mate... in a Trios match, when this stuff happens.

Why, why is this okay? And why does it keep happening? Especially, with Crossplay going on? If I wanted to play with only one teammate, I would play Duos. And, if I wanted to play by myself, there are plenty of single player games out there for that. That's not what I want (or expect) when I Q up for a multiplayer game.

I mean, come on, the AFK and leaver issue is already enough of a problem. Now, we're just not going to get teammates at all, a lot of the time? Awesome...

*Edit*

Don't get me wrong, I know this stuff happens. No game is perfect. I have this happened the last couple seasons. But, not nearly this much. It's so common this season that it's not even funny.

Message 1 of 16 (843 Views)

Re: May I Have Some Squad Mates or Is That Too Much To Ask?

★★★★★ Apprentice

@JonStriker126 I mainly play ranked so i dont know how bad it is in public games. But it still happens to me in ranked because i personally still enjoy solo q'ing in ranked even in pred lobbies. Its not that often but it does happen.

If its almost every game like you say it is i can see that as a pretty big issue, hopefully it gets resolved soon. At least in your case.

Message 2 of 16 (819 Views)

@JonStriker126 finished on a win last night, thanks in the main to my random squaddies. So I was champion starting off this evening.... In a squad all on my own. Large smile Not quite sure how sbmm worked that one out. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 3 of 16 (802 Views)

@JonStriker126 What platform are you on? If you're not on PC I'll play with ya and introduce you to my in game friends.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 16 (799 Views)

@Slender-v1

Well, it isn't almost every game (my apologies if I gave that impression). But, I have been down at least one teammate probably a dozen times or more this season. Hell, I played for about 2 hours tonight and in two of my matches, it was just me in Trios, and two other times it was just me and one teammate in Trios.

This has become an almost daily occurrence. It's just maddening.
Message 5 of 16 (793 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@JonStriker126 Too much to ask for. You think Respawn is running a charity?! You get what you get! xD
Message 6 of 16 (790 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Koochi-Q

Right? Lol.

You know, I know that this is kind of a "tin foil hat" theory. But, I wonder if the reason I'm down so many teammates this season is because of the S7 BP and other grindy changes (like needing more treasure packs than last season to finish out the quest).

Maybe a lot of people just looked at that, at launch, and went "nope, see you next season" and now there's no one to play with lol

Message 7 of 16 (783 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q you are ruthless, I can see Respawn spirit in your eyes
you've changed :P
Message 8 of 16 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@JonStriker126 Luckily I don’t have it often but @hayhor and I earlier in the 1.5 hours we played did get 2 times 2-man squad in trios :P so I can only imagine your take on it.

I could not even begin to think about why this might be happening honestly but it shouldn’t happen... especially in a full lobby... You see 60 players she think ‘hmmm how many are in the same predicament as me...’

@maximas1986 LOLZ XD that spirit was always there. It just needed a respawn to rekindle the phoenix rising up again!
Message 9 of 16 (763 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Koochi-Q

Yeah. Honestly, when it happened the last couple seasons, I powered through. But, with the frequency of it happening this season, I just don't care anymore. If I'm by myself, I just drop and die. I don't have the time (or patience) to waste on that garbage. Yeah, it screws with my K/D. But, those are just numbers on a screen. It's not worth my sanity.

Truthfully, man, the rate this is all going, I don't see myself making it to S8. Between the BP changes, the Quest/Treasure Pack changes, the uptick in partial squads when I go to play, and the other stuff that has always been here but never seems to get any better (audio, leavers, AFK teammates, poor matchmaking, etc), maybe it's just time to call it quits. I don't know.

It's a shame too. I really like this game, at its core. It's the only BR that's really "jived" with me. But, I spent years of my life dealing with the issues I mentioned above in OverWatch, I don't think I can do it again. Not when you have the game issues *on top* of the over monetization and grind that you see in Apex. It's just a lot to deal with, you know?

Message 10 of 16 (756 Views)