Max RPM should be realistic/change with block upgrades

by RustyRenesis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Max RPM should be realistic/change with block upgrades

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've asked for this back when Payback was being updated, so i think now is a good time since we're a few months from release and this is pretty easy to change.
What i asking is that the max RPM of an engine variates with the block upgrades it has installed.
For example, it doesn't make sense that a fully built 13B Rotary only goes as far as 7000rpm... it'd only make about 50% of it's power since it's powerband is on the "top end".
More examples are S550 Mustangs, they also rev high (for a V8) from factory! Built, they will encounter limits on the part of reliability at 9000rpm but they still manage at 8500rpm.
There are plenty of examples, Rotaries should rev to around 10 000rpm when fully built, the RB's (R32/R34 GT-R's) should go near 9500rpm when built as well... the RPM part of Payback was, besides the handling, the most annoying thing as i would have to effectively shortshift my RX-7 when i'm racing it... 7000rpm is usable by a 13B but it's nowhere near race RPM's.
I'm just asking for that to be resolved since it only comes out in November.

Thanks for reading guys!

Message 1 of 9 (2,142 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Max RPM should be realistic/change with block upgrades

★★★★★ Novice
@RustyRenesis I have also been asking for an option to tune the rpm/gear ratios, and even the turbo and ECU. We had these options way back in U2 and MW05. There's no way to tune the power output of any of the performance parts which is very disappointing since this was done in past NfS games. They're obviously never going to give us a Dyno again so they should just give us slider tuning options at the very least, it seems they're dumbing their games down to cater to children unfortunately.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (1,946 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, not only with block upgrades but in general. I laughed more than once upgrading the pistons or something along those lines on my RX7 as well (NFS2015) so it makes sense to be taken account. Renesis engines could go up to 9k stock if i remember correctly, so there's little to no reason to limit them in game, as NFS games usually are the place where we tune the cars to our dreams...and if the car of my dreams revs lower than the actual stock car, there's an issue somewhere.

Also, not only block upgrades but valvetrain upgrades should do something about the max RPMs, or hit some limits between upgrades, because you can't really get 9k with a stock valvetrain even if you fully build the lower end of the engine, so it would be cool to see something like that.

Message 2 of 9 (2,075 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JORDIRX8 Exactly. If a stock car revs as high as a fully built one, there's something wrong...
Also, i didn't talk about Valvetrain upgrades because Rotaries don't have Valves/Cams and those were the most noticeable back in Payback. But at the same time, engines that aren't capable of higher rpm's stock, should be revving higher when built, it's just logic really.
Message 3 of 9 (2,066 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@RustyRenesis I have also been asking for an option to tune the rpm/gear ratios, and even the turbo and ECU. We had these options way back in U2 and MW05. There's no way to tune the power output of any of the performance parts which is very disappointing since this was done in past NfS games. They're obviously never going to give us a Dyno again so they should just give us slider tuning options at the very least, it seems they're dumbing their games down to cater to children unfortunately.
Message 4 of 9 (1,947 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

How did i not think of that? That's a pretty good way to implement the lacking Fine Tuning we've always liked about the NFS games. And since some engines have crappy output (when fully built) that could be a way to balance it out and avoid that "being-forced-into-a-swap" kinda thing.
I've seen a fully specced drift built RX-7 in Heat that has around 450hp, and that's just pathetic. Sure 450hp is a pretty good output IRL, feels fast and, in Rotaries it's fast enough to keep up with 650-700hp V8's but In-Game is laughable to say the least, forcing us then into ruining the car with a V8/V10 Swap just because it's not even tuned...

Message 5 of 9 (1,930 Views)

★ Guide

In all the gameplay I saw o noticed car revs wasn't right neither all the redlines are too low I hope they sort this because highest rpm I've seen is 7500rpm on the M3 gtr which is wrong it revs to 8500 if I recall right and im interested to see this on the Honda civic ek9 and the Acura RSX type s because they are both high reving engines and also the 1.3 l Wankel engine should rev too 9000 rpm this needs to be sorted cause I know this will * alot of people off and I agree with more tuning possiblitys on our cars otherwise everyone will have the same just different exhaust customization but if me and a friend both had. E30 M3 with a Wankel 1.3 rotary that have both been max upgraded and they only rev to 7 000 when it should be 9000 it will be annoying becaus it's wrong and there will be no individuals as the only diffrnces will be exhaust tune and handling but we should be able to do revs and horsepower and torque mapping like a Dyno feauture I hope this is addressed 

Message 6 of 9 (1,917 Views)

★ Guide
Message 7 of 9 (1,916 Views)

Why the F-bomb does a fully built wankel only reach 7000RPM

★★ Novice

So this REALLY pisses me off. You have a forged 900+ BHP wankel engine and you're telling me it only revs up til 7000RPM??? BLASPHEMY. IRL wankels are able to reach way faster than a measly 7000! Little research tells me it would be perfectly realistic to let these engines rev at even faster than 10000RPM. Fix this lads. grtz x

Message 8 of 9 (1,760 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Agree with this. Some cues from NFSU2’s customization (even if they don’t add the dyno) would still add to this game in a positive way because it’s a very solid foundation which, if they listen to community feedback, can develop into a great need for speed game 

Message 9 of 9 (1,725 Views)