Original Post

Matchmaking

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Title says it all. 

your team levels: 42, 2, 5, 7,12 

enemy team levels: 37, 46, 25, 12, 22. 

and this way MOST OF THE MATCHES. 

Unbelievable stupid mm. Unfair and unbalanced. 

Message 1 of 19 (1,517 Views)

Re: Matchmaking is a POS

★★★ Apprentice
@Liz4rD77 Yup, I played Dogfights online yesterday for the first time after 20 hours play in campaign and FB v AI. I played about 10 to 12 matches, only 1 was close, the others were stacked with high rank players on one side and the other was slaughtered. Couple of Dudes at 60+, one at 35 versus me at 22 as the player with the highest rank and the others in single digits.
Don't let people choose a preferred faction and balance the players based upon their K/D to even things out.

If you're new and reading this, I suggest you play the campaign first and then play against AI until you can at least fight and defend yourself.

5 v 5 doesn't help, larger games would have a better mix of players and more targets to distract the aces and let noobs pick off damaged enemies so they learn something. The Dogfight maps need to be larger and have at least 12 v 12 (you know like "Squadron" strength)
Message 2 of 19 (1,495 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I did ranked fleet battles today with my squad none of us being even close to level 40 and we played 2 matches a level 120 tie interceptor with passive stealth increased speed but less maneuverability and sensor jamming making it impossible to counter attack. Then another match with a level 165 a-wing that spams the dumbfire missiles and short ranged lasers and somehow never misses a shot.

Message 3 of 19 (1,493 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yep, same here. Every "dogfight" match that I played yesterday was severely lopsided. The enemy team had players that were always at least 2X the level of my guys. I'm currently level 15 and kept getting put up against level 40 and above players. Even kept getting a player that was level 124.  "Best" match that I had all day was a loss of 12 to 30. Didn't think that I would ever see worse matchmaking than World of Tanks. A big reason why that game lost the majority of it's player base. But, EA has managed to make that look balanced........

Message 4 of 19 (1,410 Views)

Re: Matchmaking

★★★★ Apprentice

@Liz4rD77 wrote:

Title says it all. 

your team levels: 42, 2, 5, 7,12 

enemy team levels: 37, 46, 25, 12, 22. 

and this way MOST OF THE MATCHES. 

Unbelievable stupid mm. Unfair and unbalanced. 

That's more or less what I experience in 50-70 percent of my matches.  Worst I had was when my team had about 100 total levels versus a side that had about 350 total levels. 

The first few times this happened, I played a bit to confirm whether or not it was as lopsided as the numbers indicated, and it was, so I voted to forfeit.  But I think the other team members were so inexperienced that they didn't even understand how to forfeit!  Maybe they didn't even notice they were playing against people with 10x their levels.  So I would just quit and take the penalty.

Now I just assume level is accurate and immediately drop out of lopsided matches when we're still in the briefing room - I don't care what it does to rank, it's simply not a fun way to spend time.  This aspect of the game needs a lot of work because it makes most PVP pretty unenjoyable.

Message 5 of 19 (1,378 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Actually I don't know how to vote to forfeit. How is that done, please?

Message 6 of 19 (1,353 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Me_mumblecake wrote:

When you are back in the hangar after getting killed, "Vote to Forfeit, click X" should be an option shown on the lower right hand side of the screen, the same area where you would normally see "Enable / Mute Chat".

Message 7 of 19 (1,348 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

lol i should vote to forfeit every game then Standard smile

Here are the ranks on my last games in fleet battle:

my team: 8 (me), 6,7,12,20

ennemy: 45, 39, 38, 22, 49

All PC players except me.

my team: 8 (me), 8, 13, 20, 1

ennemy: 38, 27, 19, 24, 36

etc ad nauseam.

I haven't seen a single fair fight.

And I haven't been able to get a single game without PC players.

PC players with joystick or mouse will just destroy console players easily, its not even funny.

EA, can you please fix matchmaking and allow console to play against console players by default??

Message 8 of 19 (1,329 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks a lot. That's very helpful Standard smile

@4electricnomad wrote:

@Me_mumblecake wrote:

When you are back in the hangar after getting killed, "Vote to Forfeit, click X" should be an option shown on the lower right hand side of the screen, the same area where you would normally see "Enable / Mute Chat".

Message 9 of 19 (1,316 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Match making sucks in this game 25 to 5 is about every match.

Message 10 of 19 (1,306 Views)