Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Matchmaking should not break teams

by Halfjack9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Matchmaking should not break teams

★★★ Guide

One of the biggest problems I have with the game is that I want to play with my friends, but have difficulty keeping teams together.

My experience has been that when I go in with 2 or 3 team members, there's a 1/3 to 1/5 chance that one will be dropped and replaced with a random player, or that the team will be split spawning in.

I realize that matchmaking is working with players and ping, but teams should not be broken so haphazardly. It causes all members of the team significant frustration and loss of time to regroup, and we always regroup - which spreads the frustration to the random player put with us.

I suggest that the system should differentiate between a match-made group and a team, and keep teams together, even if it requires delay. It could even offer the option to kick a team member or restart.

To me, this is a priority. 

Message 1 of 14 (233 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Matchmaking should not break teams

★★★★★ Apprentice

@cake404 wrote:

However, if you’re queueing for quickplay, I’m pretty sure the whole point is to fill in for whatever is needed, so if you have three people in a group and there are three groups in the queue each needing one player, you’ll get split.

If you form a pre-made group this should not happen, if it does then that's just another Anthem bug coz that's sorta the whole idea of a pre made group. If your short a person then the game will match someone with your pre-made group not split the premade group.

I'm with the OP, every time we form a group then decide what we're doing the chances that something will go wrong is pretty high.

It can take several attempts of loading into an instance, going back to Fort Tarsis, loading into an instance etc etc before we actually manage to get our full pre-made group into what ever we choose to do … pretty annoying but that's Anthem for you ya

View in thread

Message 7 of 14 (161 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

@Halfjack9 wrote:

. It could even offer the option to kick a team member or restart.

I hear the division 2 had this and people kick randos just to add their  friends at the end of missions and reap the rewards without even playing the match.

Message 2 of 14 (227 Views)

★★★ Guide

@CoUF_Owl wrote:

@Halfjack9 wrote:

I hear the division 2 had this and people kick randos just to add their  friends at the end of missions and reap the rewards without even playing the match.

Um, you couldn't do that if you kicked your own team member - that would be the friend - also if you chose to restart - no loot either.

Message 3 of 14 (222 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Kick player functions are horrible and get abused. There is always a better way to solve an issue, then have a kick function.

Message 4 of 14 (206 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Halfjack9 wrote:

@CoUF_Owl wrote:

@Halfjack9 wrote:

Um, you couldn't do that if you kicked your own team member - that would be the friend -

Wut? My example:

2 of you are friends and you have 2 randoms on your team you kick the randoms last minute to bring in 2 friends. So they get rewards. Must not have clarified enough.

.what I'm getting at is its not a good option IMHO

Message 5 of 14 (186 Views)

Champion

Which mode is this? I’ve never had groups broken up during matchmaking when starting an expedition. We sometimes get broken up by the Pilot Data Error but that’s a different issue.

However, if you’re queueing for quickplay, I’m pretty sure the whole point is to fill in for whatever is needed, so if you have three people in a group and there are three groups in the queue each needing one player, you’ll get split.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 6 of 14 (173 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@cake404 wrote:

If you form a pre-made group this should not happen, if it does then that's just another Anthem bug coz that's sorta the whole idea of a pre made group. If your short a person then the game will match someone with your pre-made group not split the premade group.

I'm with the OP, every time we form a group then decide what we're doing the chances that something will go wrong is pretty high.

It can take several attempts of loading into an instance, going back to Fort Tarsis, loading into an instance etc etc before we actually manage to get our full pre-made group into what ever we choose to do … pretty annoying but that's Anthem for you ya

Message 7 of 14 (162 Views)

★★★ Guide

As they added this awful elysian system I would like they also made a filter to matchmake with players who have keys atm.

Message 8 of 14 (144 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Why should they?

Just because someone has 1 or more keys doesn't mean they are going to use it

Message 9 of 14 (130 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Further, if they added a system that would let you specifically matchmake with someone who still has keys... everyone would try to use that. It’s not like anyone would go “meh, I want to queue with someone who definitely won’t have any keys on them.” It would also encourage people to hold on to their keys and not use them, since that would give them priority in the queue.

Also, what would the system do if there is nobody to matchmake you with that has a key? That’s the biggest issue with the current matchmaking system – it tries to match you immediately, so it’s limited to what’s available to you at the moment. There is no actual queue that lets you wait until something that matches your criteria comes along.

Same issue with premade groups in quickplay. If you have two or three players trying to join quickplay as a group, it could only possibly work if there are lots of groups with two or three people missing. Which isn’t going to happen nearly as often as groups with one person missing.

And the biggest issue with the Elysian key system is that the key supply is too limited, and becomes even more limited the longer it has been since the daily reset.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 10 of 14 (119 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help