Matchmaking is forcing me to play different legend than main

★★ Expert

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number rtx
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Psyhix69
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. selecting legend
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. selecting legend
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? it happens every other match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) every time I play
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? matchmaking is putting me in second or third slot of legend selection and first or second slot is always taken by Octane player. This is happening constantly !
What should be happening instead? I should be able to select my main legend more than 1/2 of all games !
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? dunno

matchmaking is putting me in second or third slot of legend selection and first or second slot is always taken by Octane player. This is happening constantly !

Message 1 of 6 (309 Views)

Re: Matchmaking is forcing me to play different legend than main

★★ Expert

Example from just now:

R5Apex_2021_04_17_01_33_12_383.jpg

I used to have like 100 of such screenshots!

Message 2 of 6 (308 Views)

★★ Expert

Again:

R5Apex_2021_04_17_01_35_37_115.jpg

Please take this seriously. It has been this for last 10 mintues, sum all of my gaming session and see how many HOURS I have wasted to jus disconnect and reconnect! Is this Your definition of "engagement" ?

Message 3 of 6 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@PsyhiX69this is not a bug, the game is intended to work like that, it is just random and you are being unlucky for not getting the first place. The only solution you have is:
- Playing with a premade party, so they know you want octane and they do not take him
- Playing duos, then the possibilities of the other teammates taking octane are lower
- Typing in the chat to your random mates and asking them friendly to allow you to take Octane

I do not think this is a bug, they cannot give you always the chance to take your legend since other players want to play it too

Message 4 of 6 (273 Views)

EA DICE Team
@PsyhiX69 That's working as intended.

Moved it out from bug report forum.

/Atic
Message 5 of 6 (253 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@PsyhiX69 uncheck the 'Fill teammate' option to get 100% guaranteed pick for your legend. Or learn some other legend to not feel entitled. Leaving because you didn't get your main is so petty.
Message 6 of 6 (220 Views)