Re: Matchmaking for Noobs Apex Legends

by hayhor

Original Post

Matchmaking for Noobs Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

Me and my cousin have been playing Apex for about 2 weeks now. We cannot get better, because we are 10, 15 minutes into a match, then we get killed within 15 seconds, by some team with 1000+ kills and 100+ wins. Please tell me how TF I am supposed to get better at the game, when stuff like this happens. Either fix the matchmaking, or add a mode for noobs like me, to practice and actually stand a chance.

Message 1 of 24 (3,051 Views)

Champion
@krabappless In the time leading up to that point are you fighting at all? Being totally passive most of the game before a fight will mean you never get any practice in when the fight occurs. 1000 kills and 100 wins total in a year in a half of gameplay isnt actually that much. I get killed by people with much better stats for just this season.
Message 2 of 24 (3,001 Views)

@krabappless What platform are you both on? And what servers? If you're close enough to me I'll go into the firing range with you and help you out.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 24 (2,996 Views)

★★★ Pro
@krabappless I'd advice learning to fight smarter. You don't have to enter a fight without gross advantages on your side.

- A Caustic main.
Message 4 of 24 (2,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Record ur gameplay and check whether enemy r shoorting ur older images or close to actual position shoots. Also if u r receiving data on time like u can see the enemy or ur squad mate movement. And yes u will die by a * lagger also

The game also get slow when enemies are near.
U can train with fireing range with 3 bot u need to enable. First is ur net then is ur skill movement with aim. Also high ground and backshoting enimies r good to get kills the dirty way.
video recording tell what mistakes u make and what r ur netcode problems u have.

Message 5 of 24 (2,926 Views)

★ Expert

Apex is not easy, and it is not supposed to be. Many newbs at this game are likely to be preds at FPSs anyway, so it doesn't really matter what level they are on, or how many kills they have.

There is a lot more to Apex than point and shoot, which is what makes it so great.

I can only give my own example. In my first two weeks of this game I could easily string three or four 0 damage games together and could go an entire evening (4 or so hours) without a kill. Yesterday I have a spell of games where I never got less than 300 damage, including two consecutive wins. And I am not even good!

Why don't you and your friend play duos and drop someone cold, like the edges of the map? Don't engage until half the squads have been wiped, then try your best?

Message 6 of 24 (2,915 Views)

★ Expert
@BigBlackCaustic if only a lot of people knew this. I keep getting teammates that will stand their ground no matter what.
Message 7 of 24 (2,905 Views)

★ Expert
@krabappless 10-15 minutes isn't that early into the match. If you got killed in 15 seconds try to understand why that happened and ask yourself "How was my positioning?". If you wanna get better with aiming I suggest playing with your cousin in the firing range and duel each other with guns that have no attachments(more specifically guns that you like to use) you can also turn on the bots to fight with them and get better at positioning and aiming(just don't cheese them by dropping bombs on where they spawn).
Message 8 of 24 (2,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EdwardDLuffyThats exactly what they shouldnt do if they wanna practise, they need to fight and get used to it.Your way they will get better too but in a much slower pase

Play unranked duo hotspotdrops, go to firingrange and learn recoil patterns thats the best thing you could do.

Oh almost forgot, go to youtube and check out Aceu´s movement guide and learn that. This game stays and falls with its movement, if you move like a bot you will allways suck like a bot. Movement is mandatory to get good at the game, alot of the times it will decide if you win or lose an engagement

Message 9 of 24 (2,893 Views)

★ Expert
@matzesingt I don't agree. If they wait, there's more likely to be 1 and 2 player squads. If they hot drop, they'll be facing nothing but 3 player squads or multiple 3 players squads. You can't fight if you're dead. Also, they are more likely to get decent weapons and upgraded, rather than face preds armed with a P2020 and a Mozambique.
Message 10 of 24 (2,876 Views)