Re: Matchmaking completely broken after latest server side maintenance.

by Edairman198526

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Matchmaking completely broken after latest server side maintenance.

★★★ Guide

Attached are images shown the issues with the new matchmaking problem that usually took a few seconds to find a match to 10 minutes wait which gives you a 1066 error. Thia issu3 was not present last week as the server rotations were happening normally with players filling spots for those who left the matches. Now, it takes roughly 8 to 9 minutes to find a match of Dogfight Mode and players that leave during the match are rarely replaced.

This issue was also present during past updates in Fleet Battles which completely. I am extremely disapppointed this is the final outcome for a game I love so much. Revert the servers changes to Dogfight mode so it'a back to normal again. Today, I started playing Squadrons since 11am local US ET until now, and I have only be able to find one match of Dogfight, and 4 matchea of Fleet Battles while back then I was going probably through my 50th match in a matter of 11 hours of gameplay. 

The issue will completely drive players off the game to the point of no recover. Revert the server side patch to Dogfight mode because this is the workhorse mode of the game.

Message 1 of 8 (3,762 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yeah. Since the last server side maintenance, it takes me 15-60 minutes to find a match (and many, many timeouts). Before that, I usually had one in 1-2 minutes tops, no matter the game mode.

I did notice I'm now matched up with almost only level 100+ players, so it seems to be matching to level better, but what does that help if it means I have to wait an hour for a game to pop. I usually don't have that much time to wait. I just want to play a quick match during my break and maybe get some of the daily challenges done.

Now, why don't Motive add a client-side configuration so we can specify how long it should take to look for like-levelled players before it joins any available match, add which level range it should be, etc..?

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (3,670 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

same on my end its a train wreck. went from 1-2 min finding a game to sometimes nothing for an hour..

Message 2 of 8 (3,712 Views)

★★★ Guide
@LostPackets144 this server side patch completely destroyed the game. They didn't even need to touch that because this is the problem we get from low level players that need to be accomodated when in fact they can grind offline and ne able to rank up and practice there. Why do high level players get the end of the shaft when it comes to competitive gameplay? Right now the matchmaking punishes me and many others because it spends 10 minutes searching for games without settling, and after that time the error 1066 occurs.
Message 3 of 8 (3,700 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup, this game is dead to me (and likely the majority of the rest of the player base) if they don't back this off pronto. I play in VR, and I'm not sitting there with a bucket on my head for a half hour between matches, only to get matched up against ranked 600 players in a 5 man squad, boost skittering and dead drift exploiting all over the place. Especially after they nerfed the * off the A-wing.

Message 4 of 8 (3,686 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA "rewards" those that get good by denying them access to the game. This way they can keep the nubs happy, and happy nubs encourage other nubs to fork over forty bucks.

Message 5 of 8 (3,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yeah. Since the last server side maintenance, it takes me 15-60 minutes to find a match (and many, many timeouts). Before that, I usually had one in 1-2 minutes tops, no matter the game mode.

I did notice I'm now matched up with almost only level 100+ players, so it seems to be matching to level better, but what does that help if it means I have to wait an hour for a game to pop. I usually don't have that much time to wait. I just want to play a quick match during my break and maybe get some of the daily challenges done.

Now, why don't Motive add a client-side configuration so we can specify how long it should take to look for like-levelled players before it joins any available match, add which level range it should be, etc..?

Message 6 of 8 (3,671 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Xnihilo2020 exactly my thoughts.
Message 7 of 8 (3,657 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Cave_Waverider your solution is definitely the best.
Message 8 of 8 (3,581 Views)