Re: Matchmaking broken again

by Multiwarfare

Original Post

Matchmaking broken again

★★★★★ Guide

I just played five Turf Takeover matches where one side was completely overmatched by the other.  I didn't pay attention too much the first two times, but I did after that.  In the third match, there were 8 max ranked players compared to our 2, and most of our team were under level 100.  Yes, we lost.

In the fourth match, I joined seconds before the match was over.  I was put on a team that already had 4 max players, and the other team had 1, also mostly players under 100.  And yes, we won.

In the fifth match, I was put on a match with two other players and 9 bots.  The other team had 6 players with 2 max rank.  Did something break in the new update?

Message 1 of 6 (511 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@kapkarrot Groups switching are the biggest problem in matchmaking, I think but there does seem to be a new issue.

I found earlier when joining a turf game that I was a new addition to a "full" lobby & was subsequently put in a team that already had 3 x 1000+ ranks, who I think were in a group. The other team had much lower ranks.
The problem for me here, was that the lobby had 3 or 4 bots on each team - so why did I presumably replace a bot on the team that had the higher ranks???
Message 2 of 6 (454 Views)

★ Guide

Well, bots have aimbot, I think with some work they can finally balance teams by changing the ability and quality of bots depending on the situation, so we'll have to wait, send feedback and maybe they finally make possible a good matchmaking. Bots in gw2 in crazy mode were better than the 80% of players, and they can make them even more pros

Message 3 of 6 (435 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I only played a few matches and it was a big mix of plates, but the opposing team generally had 2 1000+ and I was the only 1000+ on my team, so not as bad as others are reporting here, at least not yet.

Message 4 of 6 (398 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 Groups switching teams right at the beginning of the match is the biggest problem, because they seem to have priority & that's when you end up being shunted onto the same team multiple times 😖
Message 5 of 6 (370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@kapkarrot 

A LOT of things broke in the new update, if is'int sorted out Popcap are gonna be breaking more than they are fixing.

Message 6 of 6 (320 Views)