Re: MATCH MAKING GLITCH?

by DYSPROssium

Original Post

Match making glitch?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi i was wondering if u guys have the same problems as me or is it just that the game is programmed this way. Every time i match make with a friend or two the people in my game are just very good like each of the guys are at least level 90 or higher. PS my friend is only level 39 with less than 5 season wins.When i match make solo, the people levels are lower than 50. I know u guys will recommend me to match make solo but its boring without playing with a friend. A side note i am only level 34  and i am playing with people who are super good having at least 10 season wins. I am not able to win any games with my friend because of that and is really frustrating, and considering quitting apex because of the unfair match making. If u guys have any tips please tell me. Thanks in advance. 

[edit: Changed the caps to normal text in the title!]

Message 1 of 5 (265 Views)

★ Guide

This post is posted in the wrong category I think. Standard smile

At the moment there is no skill or rank based matchmaking. People are not necessarily good just because they have a relatively high level, they just played a bit more than you.

Level 34 is quite low considering the time Apex Legends has been out now so you can't except winning too often until you have played some more. There is usually at least one relatively skilled team in every game.

I'm afraid you just have to wait for a rating based matchmaking system or not care too much about losing and focus on getting better instead. A good place to start to get better is to follow one of the guides for increasing your FPS on YouTube.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5 (254 Views)
Highlighted

I've moved the topic to General discussion, as it is not per se feedback on the different legends! Thanks for pointing that out @ZeptikkHue!

Message 3 of 5 (225 Views)

Re: Match making glitch?

★★★★★ Guide

@seahdk 

First of all welcome to apex legends.

Your suspicion is correct there is no match making in this game.

So you will be fighting players from all skill categories.

First of all i would like to say im impressed you are figuring this out and not calling everybody a cheater.

So knowing your are not the best player right of the bat shows potential.

Apex legends is the first FPS game that i enjoy playing seriously.

So just like you i struggled a lot with having to deal with people that seemed to do things you can only achieve with 1000's of hours of playing.

Just making hours in this game will make you a better player and the game more enjoyable.

There is 1 tip that made the game instantly more enjoyable for me when i figured it out:

Strafing in combat:

while shooting hold left strafe button 1 sec and after that hold your right strafe button 1 sec and repeat.

Before strafing i just crouched in combat and in this game it means your death.

Also when i started strafing i pressed the strafe buttons so fast i stayed in 1 place and still died.

When you get a better feeling for it you can be even more unpredictable throw is some crouches and forget the 1 sec.

Truly this tip alone will let get you started winning fights and matches.

Everybody who starts thinks ( Me as well when i started. ) in a FPS game you just have to aim and shoot real fast and good.

but making sure you don't get hit is equally and maybe even more important.

The way i practiced this is going to training ground and i strafed in front of the bloodhound trying to shoot his head for a while.

Because hitting enemy's is harder when strafing.

I will guarantee you!!!

If you can strafe and hit 50% of your bullets while doing this you will beat 50% of the people you run into.

and the game will start to become fun!

This even counts when you are doing long shots, don't stand still and get head shots.

When you get better and you get a better feeling for when people are looking and shooting at you.

You can sometimes stand still to get better shots off but this process will be automatic you don't have to actively learn this.

As much as i think matchmaking would be good for this game.

now that im getting better and am not dying as often anymore im starting to enjoy to be able to play against and with amazing players and learn from them.

When playing against only people of your own skill level and in the start that is real low your progress is a lot slower.

Also try not to win games, But try to get better and the wins will follow.

What you have to try to avoid is dropping at the side of the map, loot for 10 minutes and then start a fight.

Im not recommending skull town drops.

Because winning here has more to do with luck then skill unless you have a lot of skill.

And the only thing your learning is how strong a peacekeeper is vs someone without armor and a wep.

But go cascades, slums, wetlands.

Loot up there, most of the time another squad drops there you can fight.

And then just loot the place fast and run towards gunfire sounds.

and there you will get quality experience that makes you better fast.

Im sure these are not the tips you wanted ^^

But im being ignorant and give them to you anyways.

Because i believe these are the best tips i can give you even if they are not the definition of tips you asked for.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 5 (207 Views)

Re: Match making glitch?

Champion (Retired)

@seahdk wrote:

Hi i was wondering if u guys have the same problems as me or is it just that the game is programmed this way. Every time i match make with a friend or two the people in my game are just very good like each of the guys are at least level 90 or higher. PS my friend is only level 39 with less than 5 season wins.When i match make solo, the people levels are lower than 50. I know u guys will recommend me to match make solo but its boring without playing with a friend. A side note i am only level 34  and i am playing with people who are super good having at least 10 season wins. I am not able to win any games with my friend because of that and is really frustrating, and considering quitting apex because of the unfair match making. If u guys have any tips please tell me. Thanks in advance. 

[edit: Changed the caps to normal text in the title!]

This might be because there is solo and squad matchmaking. If you play solo or duo you are matched against others both solo and duo. If you are a full squad then you are matched against other full squads. This could explain why you see better and higher level players in full squads which are possibly more likely to attract organised players.

Message 5 of 5 (187 Views)