Mastiff

by matzesingt

Original Post

Mastiff

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hey EAboys how much longer do you accept people abusing that lowskillweapon? i mean lets be real its legit in everyones loadout by now and if not they will get 2tabbed by it...not even prowler can contest that thing and its still not in the * drop or deleted...we ignore the fact that it has an effective fightingrange of like 50 meters wich in itself is allrdy a joke to beginn with

i know you want new players to join the game but cmon its broken

its just horrible to force a loadout on people...and if you dont pick it up you will be in a disadvantage lategame and thats no secret to anyone with more than 5 braincells

Message 1 of 15 (537 Views)

Re: Mastiff

★ Expert
@matzesingt you don't even have to wait for late game for it to be effective. It's a strong weapon all through out the game. I'm not even fond of that weapon but I still run it because it's Mastiff.
Message 2 of 15 (512 Views)

Champion
@matzesingt Ill think about this post everytime I hit for 14 twice on a strafing wraith 😂
Message 3 of 15 (475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yea, as far as i hate it, i took wraith and mastiff yesterday, just to try. It was quite a game.

I would like to see it available only in crafting, so it wouldn't be on the ground, at least once. It is a nice tool to control weapon variation. I've seen many weapons there, but i don't think that mastiff was among them.

Season 6 weapon balance is good overall, but i don't support thinking:

"Sorry people, there has to be a 2-tap shotgun in this game, no other choice." Raised eyebrow

I don't remember, that someone was complaining about EVA-8 being OP. Thinking Ok, maybe about double tap, but it is unconvenient to use due to delay.

Message 4 of 15 (471 Views)

@matzesingt wrote:

its legit in everyones loadout by now and if not they will get 2tabbed by it

It's a shotgun, it's supposed to deal a lot of damage in close-quarter combat.
It really has its weaknesses but it's just an amazing weapon.
The fire rate could be tweaked a bit but i thinks it's fine to be honest.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 15 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@matzesingt The only problem with Mastiff is that it deals 50 dmg even at some range. It should be strict CQC, restricted to 10 meters.

Shotguns will always be strong in CQC. That's how it's supposed to be.
Message 6 of 15 (461 Views)

Champion
@DesertDust91 They really need to put all of the guns on rotation in the crafting system instead of the small rotation they have now.
Message 7 of 15 (445 Views)

★ Expert
@DesertDust91 This is the problem with Mastiff honestly. It's the type of gun where you win in CQC if the other guy doesn't have a Mastiff because there's no other gun that can compete with its DPS. Atleast with PK back then you can out damage it with an EVA-8 cause of the slow fire rate and the wide spread.
Message 8 of 15 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BaldWraithSimp The strength of a weapon is relative to the strength of all other weapons. There is on weapon (outside of shotguns) that the Mastiff can compete with at range.

@Daze623 I can't remember anyone thinking the EVA-8 was competitive while the Peacekeeper was on the ground. As for PK vs Mastiff? 

- PK is eaaier to use than the Mastiff at any range

- Had higher potential damage at range

- Identical damage potential close range.

- Similar fire rate

I believe PK also did/does insane damage when charged and fired at close range.

The Mastiff could be a problem but the complaints here seem false.

Message 9 of 15 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Zamaha400
Sry but why exactly should the mastiff be harder to play than PK?
they both are very easy to play... while it is okay for the PK to be that powerful cuz its a dropweapon, the mastiff is on the same lvl...and thats not right, like i said you feel kinda forced to put the mastiff into your loadout and if that doesnt proove it enough that the mastiff is to strong currently then i dont know

Message 10 of 15 (390 Views)