Re: Mastiff

by xMaxrayx

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@matzesingt He was referring to normal drop PK, when mastiff was a drop weapon.
Message 11 of 15 (231 Views)

★★ Pro
@BaldWraithSimp oh i see thx
Message 12 of 15 (224 Views)

★ Expert

@Zamaha400 

- PK is eaaier to use than the Mastiff at any range
Long range: Yeah PK is easier to use at long range cause of Choke
Mid range - Close range: Mastiff has a much tighter spread and lesser pellets that did more damage. Not saying PK is hard to use but Mastiff isn't that hard to use either and with a better outcome.

- Had higher potential damage at range
Yeah I'll give this one to PK cause of Precision Choke

- Identical damage potential close range.
It's true they both have Identical damage potential but you also need to take into account how easier to get higher damage with Mastiff compared to PK.
Mastiff has a much tighter spread with a quick scope and shot lesser pellets that did more damage compared to PK.

- Similar fire rate
No. Mastiff has a much faster fire rate compared to PK.

"I believe PK also did/does insane damage when charged and fired at close range."
Assuming you hit a fully charged headshot then yeah PK does a significant more damage compared to Mastiff but when it's a bodyshot PK barely does more.

"The Mastiff could be a problem but the complaints here seem false."
It's cause you assumed I was talking about PK vs Mastiff when I was talking about how PK vs EVA-8 was a lot more "fair" compared to Mastiff vs EVA-8.

Message 13 of 15 (203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Daze623 Honestly I wasn't sure about the fire rate thing when I posted earlier. I don't remember how fast the PK fired with and without a shotgun bolt so you may be right.

Editing this reply since it was lazily done. I personally feel that the PK allows for more mobility since it doesn't need to be ADS.

The Mastiff's spread can also be infuriating since changing elevation more significantly affects a horizontal pellet spread. I've missed far more shots due to my opponent ducking or taking a zip line up than I have with the PK.

This might be a personal preference thing but the PK feels easier to me.

Message 14 of 15 (177 Views)

★ Pro
@matzesingt yeah they should return 8 2 care pkg
no real punishment if u miss ur shot.
and I hate jiggle-peek with masstif (so ezlly do 8)
wingman and mastiff is op for wattson and caustic.
Message 15 of 15 (167 Views)