Re: Mastiff needs a huge nerf, it’s ruining the game

by boy_Hoodle

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@DarthValtrex I agree, in my opinon its pretty easy to use for people to get kills with. I just wish they could nerf the mag, damage or just anything.
Message 21 of 41 (1,413 Views)

★★★ Novice

The current state of the mastiff does not belong in the game as a common weap... it's literally like u absolutely have to run it because if you're running any other close range weap you're getting smoked.

Message 22 of 41 (1,357 Views)

★★ Guide

Imo, bring back the PK, same results damage wise, the pk just looks a hell of a lot better doing it. I miss the pk so much if I get it in a care package I shed a tear then realize I’ve forgotten how to use it

Message 23 of 41 (1,353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It's fine, it may have the potential, but horizontal spread kills it, even if someone is 5 meters away, you will not do full damage, rarely do i see anyone be effective with it, it is only vialbe in close quarters. However, when we hit worlds edge with its towns and buildings, theeeeeen it may be actually useful. 

Popped a dude in the head from a carepackage PK, now thaaaaat was something! Standard smile 

PK was far more effective in regular weapons rotation than Mastiff.

Message 24 of 41 (1,323 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Respawn just reduce Mastiff loot distribution today so it will be harder to find it now !

Message 25 of 41 (1,284 Views)

★ Expert
@asukojo didn't even notice cause I keep seeing it wherever I go. Some people don't even pick it up anymore cause they're already using one. GG Respawn.
Message 26 of 41 (1,274 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

They just put half hour ago.

Message 27 of 41 (1,269 Views)

Champion

Limiting the frequency with which we see the mastiff is the easiest solution.

Half the time i'm forced to use one simply because there's nothing worthwhile on the ground in that area, i don't mind the gun per say...but being forced to use havoc/mastiff basically every match due to their frequency is damn annoying.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 28 of 41 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Expert

I really do not think this gun is OP.

And guess what?  I don't think the Peacekeeper was, either.

People hate the thing they were killed by.  If everything that killed people that did a lot of damage was nerfed, all we would have is one damage per hit rapid fire weapons.  

If anything, sniper rifles are wimpy, and game designers made them that way because players hated being killed from afar in a few shots.

Now players hate being killed when someone figures out how to run right up to them and blast them in the face.

People don't like to die, that's all.  Sometimes things need a nerf, like the season 1 Wingman.  But I hear people screaming about that now.  You know, a gun, that shoots you at medium range, and takes skill to hit you with, yes...when that gun hits you and you die...apparently that's OP.

So yeah, the Mastiff does not need a nerf.  Either stay away and shoot people with something else, use a Mastiff yourself, or just understand that the reason you're dead from the Mastiff was because the other guy outmaneuvered you, and you found your face blasted off.  Next time try not to let that happen...

Message 29 of 41 (1,232 Views)

★★ Pro

Both PK and Mastiff were OP and are still currently OP and need to be tooned down.

And Mastiff right now is too damn common. Like 99,99% of the team will have one. Even bad aimers can spam with it with huge success.

Definitely need to be tonned down.

Message 30 of 41 (1,220 Views)