Re: Mastiff is a regular gun now? Is it too strong?

by asukojo

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

answer is simple

no hacker will exploit mastff

but PK? meh wraith with PK jump on yout at 1 meter gap, right click, 2 hits on the head you down

Message 11 of 16 (345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I don't like it at all.  Never mind the fact I spent money over the past year and a half on my Peacekeeper skins.  Never mind the PAL 9000 skin is one of my favorite in the game, and I finally crafted it in Season 2.  Never mind I spent on the MRVN charm to put on the PAL 9000..  Never mind that the Peacekeeper was one of my favorites.  The Mastiff got drastically nerfed to the point it is a definitely worse weapon than the Peacekeeper.  I've even dropped the Mastiff for a Mozambique...which actually is not that unusual as I like using the Bique.

Meanwhile, it took near 100 games for me to finally open a care package with a Peacekeeper in it.  This highlights an issue I have with Apex.  They keep basically removing content.  We get a new map in World's Edge, but then they take out King's Canyon.  We get care package items into the general loot pool, but at the expense of Devotion and Peacekeeper.  Putting them in a care package loot pool is basically pulling them out of the game given how few care packages you will ever open.

I think they need to be mindful that people spend money on these guns, and no small amount in some cases.

Message 12 of 16 (327 Views)

★★ Expert
@ArchAngeL-PCX That sucks. At least they didn’t remove it, (like how some people feel).
You could always transfer the charm, if it makes you feel better.
Message 13 of 16 (302 Views)

@ttvTetimor1 I thought it was but I think it was just the first week of the new update and various lag issues.

That said here is my take now. It can be OP if you land the perfect shot. You have be right on top of them for it to be effective. Any amount of range you’ll get out shot by every other gun on the map that is not a shotgun.

I personally don’t feel like it’s a true shotgun. You have to aim it and can’t hip fire it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 16 (284 Views)

★ Expert
@Sir_Named yeah I could transfer it, but the PAL9000 skin is also themed after the MRVNs in Titanfall. That's why I put it on there in the first place.

That's beside the point though. Like I said, they need to be mindful that people do spend money on these skins, especially for a popular weapon that has been in the general loot pool for nearly a year and a half.
Message 15 of 16 (244 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Respawn just reduce Mastiff distribution today so it will be harder to find it now !

Message 16 of 16 (202 Views)