Mastiff better for "high" ping?

by Daze623

Original Post

Mastiff better for "high" ping?

★ Expert

Lately I've been playing in a server that usually gave me 60 - 80 ping and I noticed that I hit 13s more than when I used to play in a server that would often give me 120 - 140 ping.
I also noticed that I had better time using Eva-8 than a Mastiff. Anyone else have the same experience like me or am I just slowly going crazy?

Message 1 of 8 (284 Views)

Re: Mastiff better for "high" ping?

Champion
@Daze623 I find the opposite. If I have high ping the eva is a better shotgun option for me as it is more forgiving.
Message 2 of 8 (279 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor I noticed a lot more no reg with Eva-8 last time I played it in high ping and I also double tapped people with Mastiff with same ping. lol
Message 3 of 8 (265 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Daze623 Missing at lower ping and hitting at higher means you tend to overshoot. If it's the opposite, you tend to undershoot.
Message 4 of 8 (235 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Daze623 Players with low ping will register damage that hit them to the servers much more consistently than high ping players.

High ping players totally ruin the gaming experience and the fact that company's don't properly set up their servers is really hurting any type of true competitive environment.
Message 5 of 8 (222 Views)

★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe They weren't misses though. They were full body meatshots granted though that they were moving.
Message 6 of 8 (207 Views)

★ Expert
@GRiPSViGiL Ikr? I guess the reason I have more success with Mastiff when I have high ping is cause of the wider pattern? Not sure.
Message 7 of 8 (203 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Daze623 The position you see of the enemy is not the actual position on the server, but the position it was a while ago (half the ping + buffer related delay). No idea if there is some lag compensation or not, but that can affect the outcome too.
Message 8 of 8 (194 Views)