Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Masterwork not dropping from GM1 tier

by Cyranis

Original Post

Masterwork not dropping from GM1 tier

★★★ Novice

i have got to the end game of anthem and the mastwerwork drop rate seems to be no existant, been grinding freeplay and the strongholds even quick play and legendry cotracts and only had 1 masterwork drop for around 25 hrs, the missiosn i've been playing are super dificult for me, i'm still getting one shotted by npc snipers, others i play with get hit but survive. i am really starting no to like this game now, i can drop back to hard teir and play just fine but have hit a brick wall and only get between level 30-36 items and cannot progress further, my javlin is around 450 power and wont go further

please help

Message 1 of 21 (658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Bioware nerfed the MW and legendary chance into nirvana after their lootchest-gate a few days ago!

and with their lack of endgame content, it feels like they keep it this way to prevent players from progressing GMs too fast...

so keep on grinding^^

Message 2 of 21 (633 Views)

★ Guide
Best way I've found is to do legendary (purple) contracts if they are available. They seem to give a guaranteed MW at the end on GM1.
Message 3 of 21 (621 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Ya, right after that chest nerf, I started getting more common items, sometimes 4+ out of the chest in GM1 strongholds.  It's BS.

Message 4 of 21 (618 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I feel your pain. I have about 70 hours played and I do have almost a full set of masterwork gear though the drop rate in GM1 I feel is actually worse than in hard. I have also received very, very few legendary items, for which the ones I did get are worthless trash. I would love to play GM2 or GM3 if they weren't insufferable grind fests.... I'm not sure how they expect players to push into GM2 or GM3 when legendary items are so scarce and the ones that do drop are garbage.

Message 5 of 21 (616 Views)

★ Novice

I ran several GM2 strongholds today and it's just not worth the hassle. The drops seem no better than GM1 and it takes 3-5 times longer to complete. Also without a global chat system the chances of getting a decent group are very low. It becomes trial and error, basically if the group can't kill the first pilon then its best to leave at once and try again. Also the amount of AFKers is disgraceful and the fact you can leave group at any time with your loot means many people leave after one or two chests.

Premium access for me will be over in a week and I won't be purchasing the game in this state if at all. Likely they will go the BF5 route and have it 50% of in a week or two, don't want to get stung again so i'll wait and see. 

Message 6 of 21 (548 Views)

★ Guide

@BattIeangel_99 wrote:

Bioware nerfed the MW and legendary chance into nirvana after their lootchest-gate a few days ago!

and with their lack of endgame content, it feels like they keep it this way to prevent players from progressing GMs too fast...

so keep on grinding^^

This is to my understanding not true, EA have confirmed that the nerf only applied to the chest found in public areas not within the stronghold.

OP, are you finishing the strongholds? you are guaranteed a MW item every time you finish one.

Message 7 of 21 (537 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Totaly agree' they must have nerfed the drop rate for mw' iv'e been doing missions/quickplay all afternoon and a couple of strongholds so about 6-7 hrs and iv'e had 3 mw and 1 leg' i got more on hard mode but they all the same bloody weapons, they realy need to up the droprate' i thought i'd try gm2 around 45 mins and got 1 mw.i got 4 mw from one hard mode mission the other day and three of those where the same weapon.

Message 8 of 21 (522 Views)

★ Pro

The possible MW drops on hard are severely limited. That’s why you are getting dupes. You can get a couple of weapons, then you need to move up to gm1.

Message 9 of 21 (510 Views)

★ Guide

Definitely nerfed across the board not got a single one all day... GM is just not worth the grind anymore, as the rolls are pretty crap 80% of the time anyway.

Message 10 of 21 (471 Views)
Twitter Stream