Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Masterwork drop rate nerf?

by Rakii

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Novice

I feel the drop rate too.
We played with a friend last days and every game mode - strongholds, free play, fast play, contracts was 2-5 mh/legendary. Today after patch we played a few h and... nothing. Only guaranteed drop after stronghold boss, nothing from chests or mobs. Sad and hard nerf;/

Message 11 of 50 (521 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Can attest to this.

Post-latest patch (2-23) this is extremely disheartening. It feels like when the There Be Giants event began, loot was feeling AWESOME.

I could farm and try to get good rolls. I would feel fine getting crap rolls since loot was flowing. I got 2 Legendaries from all day farming, both with crap inscriptions, which was ok.

Loot was flowing.

Now it's not.

GM1-2 is spouting out half the loot as normal, and all of it mostly white-purple.

Bioware, I get it, you want to funnel people into Contracts and Strongholds.

Contracts bug out 90% of the time. They gave crap loot. Now they give even LESS crap loot.

Strongholds are just full of leavers at the 1st and 2nd chests. Now those give crap loot.

Now it's ONE masterwork per Contract/Stronghold run. One masterwork with a 90% chance to be utter garbage with inscriptions that don't even work on the gear piece itself.

Congrats Bioware, you've achieved dog-crap loot rates of Destiny/Division.

You had Diablo/Borderlands rates, where we could happily sift through mountains of loot.

And you killed it.

Fire whoever made that decision.

It's gonna kill your game.

Message 12 of 50 (511 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Can confirm 100% that the loot rarity and drop rate have been severely nerfed.

It was bearable before, with the insane rng on items perks... but now, it is going to become extremely tedious to try to get the gear for a build.

Bad move to lower the rates Bioware, very, very bad move.

Message 13 of 50 (508 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@AzKnc wrote:

Aside from guaranteed drops for stronghold and legendary contract completion (that weren't even there before) i do feel like the drop rates in chests and npc farming in general was lowered. During early access i was able to drop all the colossus specific items in a couple days, and that was without the guaranteed drops for stronghold and legendary contract mind you cause they were just added in a later patch, i tried to do the same for my ranger/storm after said patch but there was just no way.
I've also noticed a lot more greens, blues and even WHITE items dropping from stuff in gm1, whereas before it was just 99% epics with the odd mw here and there, with blue/greens basically as rare as mw themselves.

Considering that the true farming is for the RNG stats on a masterwork and not the masterworks themselves, i think they should drop like hotcakes, cause it may be ages before you get a masterwork with the actual inscriptions you want.

Sorry thats absolutely right, I thought they were saying no drops even the guaranteed one, yes I noticed most of my drops where from adds, none from chests

Message 14 of 50 (500 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Mr_Vandre wrote:

Can attest to this.

Post-latest patch (2-23) this is extremely disheartening. It feels like when the There Be Giants event began, loot was feeling AWESOME.

I could farm and try to get good rolls. I would feel fine getting crap rolls since loot was flowing. I got 2 Legendaries from all day farming, both with crap inscriptions, which was ok.

Loot was flowing.

Now it's not.

GM1-2 is spouting out half the loot as normal, and all of it mostly white-purple.

Bioware, I get it, you want to funnel people into Contracts and Strongholds.

Contracts bug out 90% of the time. They gave crap loot. Now they give even LESS crap loot.

Strongholds are just full of leavers at the 1st and 2nd chests. Now those give crap loot.

Now it's ONE masterwork per Contract/Stronghold run. One masterwork with a 90% chance to be utter garbage with inscriptions that don't even work on the gear piece itself.

Congrats Bioware, you've achieved dog-crap loot rates of Destiny/Division.

You had Diablo/Borderlands rates, where we could happily sift through mountains of loot.

And you killed it.

Fire whoever made that decision.

It's gonna kill your game.

Thats what i said in another thread, Massive did the same thing with Division early on in its life made loot only accessible in the high tier areas and guess what happened the game died over night.. went from millions of customers to almost none..

They then fixed the loot (but it took nearly a year) and drop rates and the customers flooded back.. Its a looter you take away the reason to play and no one plays... Guess it'll take a year to fix this game too.

Roll on Division 2 in march imo as that version loot is better and been through all this garbage..

Message 15 of 50 (475 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Ive been running tyrant mine mostly and doing the whole run on Master 1 and usually see 2-3 masterworks a run. Sometimes 1 but so far today I have been getting 3 each run. But something I notice is when I run Master 2, ive had runs where I have gotten 0 or only 1 masterwork drop.

Message 16 of 50 (471 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

The droprate was nerfed into almost nothingness.

2 hours of free play and not a single masterwork and grandmaster. Until this update, I got one in almost every even chest and I have over 100% luck from my gear.

Message 17 of 50 (466 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Can only hope with enough feedback that it's reverted to the previous rate...I felt like the percentage they had it set to previously was a solid mark in regards to being able to farm MW consistently and work for good rolls, but at this rate, your fortunate to get the MW you want, much less with a good roll.  I really enjoy the gameplay, the environment, and playing with others but when the objective of the game is loot, particularly with somewhat of a lack of "pinnacle" activity currently, and the loot faucet stops, the player base is going to dry up.

Message 18 of 50 (461 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@Dr_Jekul wrote:

Can only hope with enough feedback that it's reverted to the previous rate...I felt like the percentage they had it set to previously was a solid mark in regards to being able to farm MW consistently and work for good rolls, but at this rate, your fortunate to get the MW you want, much less with a good roll.  I really enjoy the gameplay, the environment, and playing with others but when the objective of the game is loot, particularly with somewhat of a lack of "pinnacle" activity currently, and the loot faucet stops, the player base is going to dry up.

It is bad, today i ran a GM1 stronghold, i ledt after the second chest, chest 1 gave me 4 WHITE and a GREEN, chest 2 gave me 3 GREEN & 2 WHITE, on freaking GRANDMaStER ONE, re you freaking serious!! Wasnt worth my time. Did all my legendary contracts, nothing but the garabnteed Mw at the end drop, it was sad. Drop rate was good last week, to think the game released officially yestwrday, and what did they do, screw EVERYBoDY. Thought you wanted this game to work, your hoing about it the wrong damn way!

Message 19 of 50 (456 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Works perfectly fine. random is random. No use fighting it. Got plenty of stuff today 30+ MW and 2 Legs. So its all good. But people try to find reason into why they are suffering from shortage of MW/Legs. Just grind it out.

Message 20 of 50 (446 Views)
Twitter Stream