Re: Mass Effectgg Andromeda Patch 1.06 No Character Improvement

by Treoir

Original Post

Mass Effectgg Andromeda Patch 1.06 No Character Improvement

★★ Apprentice

Mass Effect Andromeda has excellent story material, and the cinematic scenes are improving, for which I am sure we are all grateful.  BUT, why am I still looking at UGLY CHARACTERS???????  Is it so hard to have feminine eyebrows, adjustable eye size, hair color (lighter ones) that look real in game, jowls that don't look like I swallowed a chipmunk, jutting jaws, and the list goes on.  When can updates be expected??

Message 1 of 9 (1,000 Views)

★ Pro

You and me both.

I am grateful for the changes we're getting but the one thing I was looking forward to were indeed the improvements for character looks and creation options.

It can't be too far behind I suppose since it's one of the things they mentioned they were going to do within that 2 month period, but I guess I hoped it would be here in this patch already.

Message 2 of 9 (978 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And better not to mention tons of minor bugs that are still in game like Task Better crafting that is still broken and exclamation point in inventory that simply wont go away i mean so small things to fix but they are still there. Good job and thumbs up.

Message 3 of 9 (961 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm replaying original trilogy now. Even in ME2 characters looked a lot better than what they gave us in Andromeda... Confused

Message 4 of 9 (899 Views)

★ Guide

better crafting is not broken it's just that it don't display properly its a 2-3 stage quest i've finished it several times

Message 5 of 9 (867 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, they keep saying these are based on real faces but come on!  I have never met a bald woman who wasn't battling cancer.  The skin colors are uneven; have you looked at Hayes in the Prologue when you are still in the cryo bay? Her skin around the mouth looks like someone punched her.  I like head 5 and 9 the best and some of the modders were making them better, but since new patch, those don't work.  Bioware/EA will be a long time waiting if things proceed as normal, can only hope the modding community saves me from ugly.

A note: I don't play well for the combat as I have severe disabilities.  So I play on low level difficulties and love the characters and story lines.  But looking at oneself in cinematics when you are not attractive, well, not appealing to me.  I don't want reality, or at least I want to edit enough to make it my own version of beautiful.  I will stop ranting now, and thanks for the XP and comment.

Message 6 of 9 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I don't think Bioware sees that as a bug, at least as far as female characters are involved they said they don't want to make them attractive because it would alienate their audience or some **** like that.

Just accept it

Message 7 of 9 (798 Views)

★ Apprentice

When patch 1.05 came out they said they were going to work on character customization improvements, but also that this would take several months.

I have seen some real improvements (for example, eyes look awesome now instead of like they were before). But I think they might be wanting to make sure they get things right before they release things.

Message 8 of 9 (773 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I hope so!!!  Beauty is so subjective.  I don't need runway walk off models, just choices that make ME feel pretty.  The eye improvements were pretty great, I just hope they don't take forever with the rest of it. Thanks for the input though!

Message 9 of 9 (734 Views)