Mass Effect

by MarieJanesy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, sorry to be bothering you, my dad adquired Mass Effect Andromeda, and he submited the code to his own account on his computer, now I would like to play too, but to make sure his game is safe I would like to play it on the same computer but on my account...is there a way that is possible to do? Is there a family sharing way I could enjoy the game?
Thank you in advanced for your time

Message 1 of 2 (752 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect

That is prehaps one of the biggest failings of Origin to my mind, the lack of family sharing among games and accounts like you can do with Steam.

At this time, until EA decides to allow families to share games, the only way you can play the game is on his account, meaning he can't play the game while you do.  It shouldn't cause an issue on single player as you can easily switch between characters and saves thereby having no issue in that regard.  On multiplayer it would be a shared group of characters if you care about that, but otherwise you would have to purchase the game for your account to play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (950 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mass Effect

That is prehaps one of the biggest failings of Origin to my mind, the lack of family sharing among games and accounts like you can do with Steam.

At this time, until EA decides to allow families to share games, the only way you can play the game is on his account, meaning he can't play the game while you do.  It shouldn't cause an issue on single player as you can easily switch between characters and saves thereby having no issue in that regard.  On multiplayer it would be a shared group of characters if you care about that, but otherwise you would have to purchase the game for your account to play.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 2 (951 Views)