Mass Effect MMORPG ??

by Kozzzmozzz

Original Post

Mass Effect MMORPG ??

★★★ Apprentice

I am immensely enjoying the new ME: Andromeda so far!

The ME universe has a lot of potential & ingredients to become an MMORPG.

Exploring, finding artifacts, questing on many different planets, teams to do raids on alien bases, monsters , romancing and building a family to settle somewhere in the universe in a house/base....

Everything in a great story and cinematics like we know now.. .

It is time EA... Make it happen and i'm the first Collectors edition customer :-)

Message 1 of 28 (899 Views)

Re: Mass Effect MMORPG ??

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Tagging for possible interest: @ivrognard  @DannyOuter  @kancutsky  

@Cpt_McSnickers  @holger1405  @1Guma

@Kozzzmozzz

Hey,

This is an absolutely awesome (and big) idea!

I'm currently not in a position to share if EA is looking into something like this now, or in the future, but I personally really love the idea. I would therefore also welcome and recommend other players to share their thoughts and ideas about this.. Standard smile

Cheers,

Message 2 of 28 (877 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Straatford87 @Kozzzmozzz

There is no doubt in my mind that the universe would  have the potential for a great MMORPG.

The problem is that I ... cough don't ... cough ... like cough... MMORPGs... 

Edit: It of course would be a great thing for the franchise, so I am all for it. (As longe as Bioware is continuing to make single player Mass Effect games. Wink  )

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 28 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]

Could be nice, but my MMO times are gone. Not that much time at my disposal to play a MMO that demands a lot of time to invest in it. And modern MMO feel more like a bloody job instead of being fun. The grinding, the search for the next great item, thanks, but my limited time is better used in SP games. But if a MMO ensures a few more SP ME games, by all means, EA should do it.

After all, The Elder Scrolls Online is doing decently (not that i am playing it, as i have no time for it).

P.S.: would have loved to have time to play SWTOR, but unfortunately, i don't. And that's one MMO that actually has a decent story.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 28 (844 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I played both and both were very fun and nice to play.
The time you need to invest in an mmorpg like swtor for example is futile. Its on your own pace , there is no need to be max level so you can have fun.
You also dont need to level asap for some appaerant reason.
I didnt and levellee 3 characters to maximum and enjoyed the stories and planets.
There was endgame wich i touched a bit but not hardcore so even if you dont like evening raids and such wich are time consuming there is still fun to be had.

If ME could deliver an mmorpg experience like both i would be buying it in a blink of an eye.
I also have less time and i rather play nowadays on my own pace with an occasional small group to do a quest but thats not even forced up.
Mostly i play solo for the 90 procent and those games cater for that playstyle.
You really should try out swtor and have fun solo! It is possible and you wont regret it!
Message 5 of 28 (826 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I strongly doubt this game will be implemented such features. Let's be real, this game has more issues to keep adding new features that will pull most of the resources to make new, instead of make fixes. 

If you desire "the ultimate MMORPG"  cliche for mass effect. I think it wont happen in this installment. Besides that, I though the games of ME already had at least a minimum of a feel to an mmorpg.

You level up

You place points to the skills you want.

You kill enemies higher levels than you

You travel to open spaces and research and earn points by doing so

You talk to brain dead npcs (that's hat I call them, ah!) for side quests cliches

Mmos are so saturated now. Nobody wants to even have an eye contact with them. If I could ask or even write, is that... would be better if they change to exhale for a better portability and possibility for a better implementation. After all that is set and done well, then move to the other cool stuff. Of an "mmo"

But at the moment being real, instead of wanting this to become something that is not, become something that you are trying to achieve by making it right.  

Message 6 of 28 (816 Views)

The only stuff i still play from time to time in co-op or online: Mass Effect 3, The Crew, World of Tanks, Dead Island. That's about it. None of those titles are played seriously, none in any other way than week-end casual (1-2 hours with friends if possible).

In World of Tanks i just do my x2 xp for certain tanks and quit. No desire in playing competitively or to grind seriously, hence me not finishing all the tanks by now since i've started playing the game 6 years ago. I'd rather play at my own pace and for some mindless fun rather than grind daily and lose any desire to play quickly. 

So, nope. My serious MMO days died some time ago, after playing 3 years of City of Heroes (nice little game, still played at my own pace). I've played a bit of World of Warcraft, a bit of Dark Ages of Camelot, a bit of Lineage 2 and quite a few others. None managed to keep me for a lot of time, so i guess that social gaming doesn't click with me. I rather play solo and not be bothered with raids, item farming and such. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 28 (808 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @Kozzzmozzz @DannyOuter @holger1405

I just want to leave this for all of you here, in case you haven't seen the news:

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/01/31/a-note-about-our-new-ip/

Message 8 of 28 (763 Views)

@Straatford87 nope didn't see it, yet. But i always welcome new IP's. Yes, it's nice to see a sequel to a beloved series, especially when it is a well made one. But as human beings, we always strive for innovation, for something new. All the big publishers/developers were a wee bit lacking on that side lately, but things seem to move again, which i consider a good thing. Risks are part of any business and sometimes you need to take some or play all on one card. So i am pleased when the big companies offer new things and take a risk. It could push things forward or prove to be their undoing, but no one can blame them that they did not try. 

So, good luck and looking forward for more information when you are ready to share someStandard smile 

Message 9 of 28 (760 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard

I'm excited as well.. Standard smile

I'm not in a position where I can share more information at the moment, but I will make sure to do so when the time comes!

Cheers,

Message 10 of 28 (748 Views)