Re: Mass Effect MMORPG ??

by ivrognard

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Holger1405 lets go the straight way. I dont think you aren't knowledgeable and i hope same goes for me. If i go a little bit in detail i am shure you can accept my opinion the same way i accept yours. And i dont offend you for your opinion. I played way over 1000 hours of the Mass Effect Series like the most Mass Effect lovers.

I know that i can create a character and you can be shure i will do that after my first run. When i get a Mass Effect game i play the normal characters that are available first. After that i make a new run with my own characters and go other ways i did not take in my first run. At the first run i evrytime play the game as it was meat from EA. Shure you can start with your character but when i does that i get a little bit the feeling to be disrespectful cause they put much work in it and their Character labels. And to see that we have miss Rossi as female rider is perfect simply awesome but we did not got rossi ryder we got something else that not even close looks like miss rossi! And that sux!

The bigger problem i have to play Andromeda are the bugs... actual i have to force me to start the game to play on my story cause it seems there are more and more bugs evry day. And nothing gets better! I have 4 mission squads now. Evrytime i send them away to do missions for me returning after 1-2hours i get a realy ugly ugly ugly bug. When i try to accept the report of my human sqad (the bug dont cares if humans or anything else) i cannot hit spacebar anymore. I can but game does not accept my pressing of spacebar. So i am stuck in this report and there is not way out. No "ESC" nothing else. I have to ALT+F4 closing restarting new and then i can accept. The bug returns evry time, and evry time i have to press ALT+F4 THAT SUX!

Each 3.-4. Monster is bugged in his Animations standing there like a stone and spitting at me. Kett Warriors that get dropped from a shuttle simply stay in sky and dont do anything.

Enemys apear out of nowhere infront of me ignoring that i am there running 1km in one direction then coming back to shoot at me. In EOS Kett Base i had this idiot Kett spawning location where it never had an end of spawing new ketts infront of me cause they can! on when you play on the highest diffuculty like me then you know if you a spawnpoint of enemies that can 1-2shot you even if you stay in cover (why that? cause difficulty means to EA give them more shild more hp and let them oneshot you. You need at least 6 Shotgun shots to kill shielded Kett warriors even he is not standing in cover...)

The Animation of heads, eyes and bodys are withstanding laws of nature. Maybe that is a problem of the grafic engine. At least it looks cool if you shoot a grenade on the right side of a kett and he is not bombed away in the right direction, instead flowing in the air making feeled 13 circles around him self and then flowing in the direction the grenade came from :D

Realy i have to laugh so much in this game. At least i have great funny moments there :D I dont think that it was meant to be like that from EA...

The KI of you teammates need ALOT of improvements. In masseffect 2-3 your teammates did a good job in staying behind cover and waiting for you signal to use specials. In Andromeda i tell them to take cover behind some boxes and yeah you can be shure the last thing they will do is to take cover behind the boxes. Instead they jumping on the box only for the reason the enemys can kill them faster. In Masseffect i had my cover when i held down my mousebutton. In Andromeda it is nice that the character will go in cover by himself but when you stay behind a cover and the system decides NO then you get a FAT oneshot of an enmy! :D its so bad that it is funny again.

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

so Holger i dont care if you work for them or not but i am shure you can accept what i say same way i do to your opinion. I will not play any further in this game until the most bugs are fixed. Cause it makes me angry if i have to ALT+F4 multiple times in a game. From my perspective this game needs at least 1 year more of testing and bugfixing before it should go on the market again.

Message 21 of 28 (378 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Papabaer308

Heya,

We absolutely welcome discussion here, but please don't use words such as idiot as that can lead discussions to become toxic.

To further take away any misconception: Holger doesn't work for EA, he is a Hero which is a rank that users can reach when they've become a respected member of the community.

Thank you,

Message 22 of 28 (371 Views)

@Papabaer308

Your first sentence in this thread...

Papabaer308 schrieb:

Oh my god... Are you brainwashed?

tells me all I need to know about how much you respect other opinions.

I made my point in my previous post, the default Sara Ryder is a completely fine looking character and there is a character creator in this game that allows you to make your own Sara Ryder if you don't like how she looks, therefore the whole SJW debate is simply ridiculous.

You said you don't want to play the game anymore, that is of course your prerogative and also not really a problem, there are a lot of games out there with unrealistic sex-bots as main character, I am sure you will find one that satisfies your needs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 23 of 28 (360 Views)
Highlighted

And now Holger is a wee bit angry. Okay ladies and gentlemen, let's agree to disagree. Everyone is entitled to a personal opinion. 

@Papabaer308 there was no need for the whole vitriol to make your point. I can understand anger, but insulting is just making things worse. A structured post with a constructive criticism would help a lot more. You underline the problems that you encounter (and if you can detail them, that would actually help the developing team to reproduce it and correct it), say what you think is wrong with the story and how you think it could have been done better (as you know, due to feedback, one character is rewritten currently)

I am also gonna point that the kett remaining in the air when dropped from the shuttle isn't a new bug in the ME series. You could encounter the same thing in the ME3 MP. Even worse, the enemy was invulnerable to weapons and could be killed only by biotics or tech powers. And if you were unlucky to have a full soldier squad, well, time lost...The bug wasn't solved even now. 

I will point that the original Bioware studio did not work on this game. Bioware Edmonton is busy with a new IP, while this game was made by Bioware Montreal. And i think this is the first project of this magnitude for the Montreal studios. And they get some slack from me, because of that. You can't get experience if you don't work on such project, so to know what to avoid in the future and what not to. Add to that, they actually try to fix the game's problems. 

I agree that the game would have probably needed another year of work. I also agree that the story could have been better.

But EA is a public company, which means that they also answer to their shareholders. So they have to launch a game right at the estimated time (they can get once in a blue moon a delay, but in over 90% of cases, they can't). The game was delayed for a few months (4 months), though clearly needed at least another 9 months or so to polish the game. At least they try to offer as much post-launch support, as they can. 

So, bottom line, offer the feedback in a structured way, with well-thought suggestions, lose the insults (in real life, worse things could happen when you insult someone, but on the internet you can act brave, without fear of any serious repercussions) and think how can you help to make things better and not worse. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 24 of 28 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok Tom! No prob but you know i said he is not. :D But i understand you thank you!

Message 25 of 28 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Holger you are funny :D thank you for your post you made my day. You throw me in a box from the start so there is nothing i can do against this. But at least thank you man you are ok!

Message 26 of 28 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi Ivrognard! Then i have to thank god that i did not had that problem of flying enemies in the air in ME3.

I understand that about the shareholders, but the playerbase and here on this point i am shure i can go with the mass. I DONT CARE FOR SHAREHOLDERS WHEN I BOUGHT A DELUXE EDITION GAME before the games comes out, so they have the money alrdy to do a good job and THIS GAME IS NOT NEARLY FINISHED!

Message 27 of 28 (332 Views)

@ivrognard

ivrognard schrieb:

And now Holger is a wee bit angry. Okay ladies and gentlemen, let's agree to disagree. Everyone is entitled to a personal opinion. 

No, not angry, just a little bit annoyed.

The Story of Andromeda is, as any other story ever told, a matter of taste, I personally like the story so far, but I will not judge until I reach the end. 

For the bugs, it is a reflex of the gaming community to say that a game would not have bugs (or not so many) if it would have a longer developing period.

But the truth is that the game still would have bugs even if they gave it more time. With more time they probably would have solved a few bugs, but a game of this magnitude will always have bugs, that lies in the nature of things, because a lot of the bugs are only found after release.

It is not possible to test the game on a even remotely big enough number of systems to avoid that, not for Bioware and not for any other Gaming company in the world. 

As a PC gamer I personally like the fact that this game is not a console port and takes advantage of the strength of the PC hardware. It also was surprisingly well optimized even at trial status. (At least if you have NVIDIA hardware, it seems the optimisation was not as good for AMD hardware.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 28 of 28 (317 Views)