Mass Effect Andromeda

by LocoShep

Original Post

Mass Effect Andromeda

★★★★★ Apprentice
So no mention of Mass Effect Andromeda at E3! Any thoughts? I reckon dlc plans will still be announced at some point, reckon there still just spending most there time with patches n stuff.........
Message 1 of 35 (1,444 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda

★★★★★ Guide

Well, after all the storms crushing ME:A so far, there was no reason to bring it up and start another "storm".  Logically, bringing up ME:A  would refresh and re-enter a series of questions, motivations, debates, etc,  which is Not really doing any good, it's not productive, specially at E3. 

I think anyone would do the same, including myself. If i "know" i had a bad project, i wouldn't show it again, talk about it or start explain myself, so logically i'd rather promote something else, move ahead rather than backwards. (i'm Vulcan btw Wink )  

Message 2 of 35 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just wonder what's going on with that mysterious book called "The Lost Ark" which is set to be released on Jun 27.

If that's just a false/code name for Annihilation, it'll be a great deception.

All those hints and teasing just can't be for nothing, otherwise BW'd be digging it's own grave and people'd ask even more unpleasant questions and that's the last thing they need.

In last BW's MP stream MP designer said something like: "We cannot talk about future content until it's ready to go" when asked about introducing new races to MP.

I believe we're going to get something soon. An announcement at least... 

Message 3 of 35 (1,403 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yeh these hints at the Quarian race dlc can't be for nothing, that would really * us fans off. To be honest (and this is just my opinion, doesn't make me right or wrong) I think all the negative reviews and * storm ME:A went through on release was blown well out of proportion, like another member on here said. Alot of players probably only played the game for an hour, or some who didn't even touch the game but joined on the negative bandwagon anyways. The game is great and sure it had its fare share of glitches and problems but most games now do. I really enjoyed it and the multi-player is absolutely brilliant as it was in the 3rd game. Fast paced, loads of options with powers and mods and augumentations. Interesting characters to meet an stuff and several big maps. Now obviously the maps could of had alot more detail and facial expressions could of been done better, but it's no where near as bad as peeps are saying. Again just my opinion. ME:A was never gonna be as good as the trilogy because 1) the trilogy was bad *, and 2) it's only the first game of a hopefully new trilogy (or at least 2games with dlc extras) and everyone new it was there first ever big title to make. I agree though that the Montreal team should never of gotten this big project to begin with but, it didn't help matters that EA were being a bunch of * during the whole making of it (or so I heard). If EA had been more supportive then we mite of gotten a better final product. But at least BioWare are trying there best to fix as many issues as they can, and they have improved it alot. Like I stated before, I'm enjoying it and I truly hope there's more to come with dlc releases. I'm not expecting another game for a few years, we all no that these games take years to make but I hope it's not gonna be as long as say 5-6 years. Between now and then though we gotta get some dlc releases, and as far as reports that say the series is finished go, I think that there incorrect and premature. I mean the game is under 3months old, and I read the other day that sales are actually going strong. Well I guess we'll see. Again just my opinions (don't make me right or wrong) piece out ✌️
Message 4 of 35 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I agree, I think that the whole thing was way overblown. It all started with reviews from sites like IGN... They only played a few hours of the game and made compilations of the worst bugs... So everyone who pre-ordered it got suspiciuos and angry so basically Andromeda was called a faiIure before it was actually released... I don't want to defend anything but some of those reviews quite failed in being objective. Before the game was released I read many of them and watched a lot of vids showing the worst bugs but because I like to make my own opinion I tried it myself. But if I had joined the hate train, I'd have never found out that it's really a great game. Sure, with bugs but as we know there's no such thing like perfection. And when they said, they're gonna fix everything they can, there was no reason for me to lose faith in them because we could've end up with unpolished game and BW turning their back on us so I'm glad that wasn't the case and I hope they won't stop. Now we just've to wait for more patches, more books and maybe even dlc. I believe EA won't throw away an opportunity to make more money and BW'll use it as a chance to fix Andromeda's reputation a little. Fingers crossed

Speaking about OT, I liked it a lot however, I wasn't completely satisfied with ending. It didn't give me the feeling my choices actually paid off and Shepard got a deserved vacation. 

On the other hand, It gives me a reason to think about it and make my own theories about what happened next Standard smile  

That's just my opinion. Of course, I understand that I was one of the lucky ones and there're still people experiencing serious bugs but still I think that situation's getting better Standard smile

Message 5 of 35 (1,331 Views)

★★★ Pro

Plenty of people certainly are experiencing worse bugs.. and one look in the bug reports section is enough to find some people are experiencing some very nasty game breaking/progression breaking bugs that need attention.  Serious attention.

I am not sure in what priority order they are working on bugs, but there is a great many issues and bugs that have been left unresolved, that while not affecting everyone, the people is is affecting, its broke their game.

for example in multiplayer?  look at this recent bug report:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Next-Level-XP-Bug-Billions-till-level-16/m-p/6121606#M21360

that is of course just one bug.. but then you get people who get interaction bugs that actually prevent them progressing in single player and they are effectively being told to start again on a new character after many.. many hours of game play.

Is this right?  NO.

So I would say that pushing all our love for the game aside on a personal note and take into account the amount of issues that the community is collectively experiencing, its no wonder it wasn't mentioned at E3. 

I just hope they've got the support team big enough to cope with the volume of issues because at the rate of fix vs. qty of bugs/issues, it would take many months of patches at the current rate of fix.. and that is providing that said fixes don't create more bugs in their wake!

Message 6 of 35 (1,318 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, BW've still a lot of work to do so as I mentioned before, I hope they won't stop supporting the game and MP and eventually it'll be playable for most people and that it won't take too long Standard smile

Anyway, I'm really curious what 1.09'll fix....

Message 7 of 35 (1,303 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yeh the same for me on that, the ending was not well thought out for the trilogy and I can't for the life of me think of any reason why they went with those endings.. Like sure there was always gonna be 2-3 different endings, but how those individual endings went down was poorly done. Not necessarily the actual events of the endings themselves, I'm talking about how they concluded. With no cut scenes with any of ur friends and squad mates that show how there lives went from then on, how the galaxy was properly shaped by ur choices and things... But this I tried my damn hardest to move on and get past it, but to this day I'm still angry with it.... Now for Mass Effect Andromeda they have a chance to try and correct this for all us fans of the series, but they have got to take there time with it. Basically EA have got to give them as long as they need without rushing, give them the support they need and as many people as they need. Cos Mass Effect is a special type of game and because of how massive in scope it is, it's not gonna produce games every 3-4 years other than dlc. For now bioware have got to work there socks of to fix the major bugs that some (not all) players have experienced, and focus on the progression stopping bugs that have obviously pissed some players off. These I'm sure bioware are doing with the best of there ability, then they can work on some dlc... Ur right tho with regards to sites like IGN.... you cannot play a game like Mass Effect for 1hour and give it a legit rating based on that 1hour, or even 2-3 hours really! Just my opinions of course ✌️
Message 8 of 35 (1,293 Views)

★★★ Pro

Think they will now focus on singing their Anthem rather than showcasing their stepchild.

Message 9 of 35 (1,260 Views)

★ Guide

Well, I hope when Anthem's released that Edmonton won't jump right on making Anthem 2 or something else and gets back to MEA instead.

Message 10 of 35 (1,231 Views)