Re: Mass Effect Andromeda sucks and is still broken in 2020

by SofaJockeyUK

Original Post

Mass Effect Andromeda sucks and is still broken in 2020

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It totaly sucks that the game is unfinished and still somewhat broken and was released way too early before it was polished. Ea should start updating the game again. One idea I have if EA does eventually decide to update again is the music from all three games be added to andromeda so you can listen to it in the pathfinder's room and a gun range. I doub it will ever happen with Bioware dissoled and defunct, the Bioware forums and servers were permanently shut down earlier this year in 2020. I feel Ea could have done more and shouldn't have killed support and written off the game as a loss. It seems EA is learning from 10 years of constant mistakes and now the company has also been touched by the darn me too movement. Also the game could use more weapons for the campaign.  I gues it is what it is and that is a big pile of steaming horse manure. The game is still somewhat buggy and unstable at times and sometimes the fps drop way low and caudes stuttering and the game to run slow as molasses in January and definitely needs work and improvements and stabilization and patching the glitches and bugs that plauge the game. "BioWare Social Network has Closed. The websites for Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 are no longer available. Please visit masseffect.com or follow us on Twitter or Facebook. You will be redirected to the BioWare Social Network homepage momentarily." Found this during a search for Bioware.

Message 1 of 8 (2,519 Views)

@Darthvader99076 

A.) Bioware is in no way "dissoled and defunct".

B.) BioWare Social Network was closed down in August 2016.

C.) I have no idea what the "me too movement" have to do with all this.

D.) There are more weapons available in Andromeda than in most RPGs I ever played.

EStandard smile Purely anecdotal, but the game runs absolutely stable on my gaming Rig as well as on my Notebook. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 8 (2,472 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

^^^  THIS  ^^^

Everything @holger1405  just said, and more so.

[Oh.  Just saw who posted the comments to which he was responding.  Explains the nonsense being expressed there.]

Message 3 of 8 (2,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@holger1405 wrote:

A.) Bioware is in no way "dissoled and defunct".

They even moved to a modern new building (the Epcor Tower).

Maybe OP is thinking of BioWare Montreal, but they aren't "defunct." They merged with Motive and are making Star Wars games now.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 8 (2,419 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I to have to agree with the above answers. i have re-played the game quite a number of times and have not experienced any major issues at all. A few minor glitches but certainly nothing worth getting all up in the air about. My last run through i achieved a 100% to which i am very proud of. My advice is to keep at it and when it does get to much for you, save,exit and come back in a few hours

Message 5 of 8 (2,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its more than that. The game is simply an awful grindfest with a truly subpar story that mimics mass effect 1. After about 20 hours the game really becomes a chore and no amount of patching is going to fix poor game design. Had 5 years and 50 million and came up with 2 new aliens for adromeda, are you kidding? Exploration is a tedious joke that adds absolutely nothing to the game, zero random encounters etc.. Its a husk of a game, the design team should never have been put in charge of such a large project, their inexperience and incompetence shows through the entire game. It has moments where it almost, almost feels like a decent game but never quite gets there

Message 6 of 8 (1,736 Views)

[ Edited ]

We all have our own perspectives on this.

I've played 6 complete playthroughs of the game and have enjoyed them.

It's not up there with the trilogy in terms of story and characters (though there are very good bits and good characters - I find Jaal particularly to be awesome).

Sucks? I don't think so.

Broken? Not in my view.

Either way, we'll get part 5 soon enough so the story can continue. Standard smile

@holger1405 wrote:

B.) BioWare Social Network was closed down in August 2016.

True enough. Though the fans that were there (and some new ones) are still posting today: https://bsn.boards.net/  Thinking

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 8 (1,718 Views)

@SofaJockeyUK 

I know. Wink My reply was only related to the false statements in OP's post.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 8 (1,700 Views)