Mass Effect Andromeda officially dead...

by RamirezKRK-PL

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda officially dead...

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Reanaa wrote:

I have been a Bioware fan since Baldur's Gate came out in 1998.  I have preordered every game and bought all DLC's.  I will never do so again. Andromeda had potential and as part of the Mass Effect franchise was apart of something special.  So I spent my 100 bucks and I got taken to the cleaners. I can't say I'll never play another Bioware/EA game again, but I will wait until I can buy the steam code on ebay for 10 bucks.  They lost a hard fan over they way they've unrolled this game and handled the aftermath.

I will never understand why people preorder at all in the age of digital downloads with endless supply. Seems like an expensive gamble to me.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 31 of 119 (2,099 Views)

★★★ Pro

Pre-orders are at times even with a digital download beneficial in one of two ways... on some game releases you get to play a day or more early because you pre-ordered, in others you get pre-order bonus items.  Just depends on the product.

In Mass effect andromeda, the pre-order standard bonuses were: the Deep Space Explorer armor set (which grants encounter bonus XP and weapon dmg), a unique Nomad skin, and five 50% XP boosters for multiplayer.

Anything above that was the deluxe and super deluxe bonuses i think?

The XP bonuses of the deep space explorer armour was very useful as it meant you could get the game finished before they pull the plug on the IP.  Quite possibly the best reason for using it.

Message 32 of 119 (2,088 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh. My. God! Ofc they offer petty * like that, because there are always players who are suckers enough. Can't you see that you are supporting this cancer? They don't have to polish their products, they just offer "cheats" to those who are gullible enough to preorder for something they have no idea what they get.. for what.. one or 2 days early access.. Jesus! There is NO reason, NO REASON what so ever EVER to preorder! Oh humanity.

Message 33 of 119 (2,080 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
besides what @Skauron said... for me preorder is like a vote of confidence on the developers...
I've preordered multiple games... besides me2 and 3 where in both cases i've preordered a phisical box with a lot of extras and Diablo 3 (which the collector box was spectacular but the game was a total dissapointment), I must say that the best preorder was Dreamfall Chapters, because I felt it like a rel vote of confidence of a small emerging studio and they delivered a great game...
Message 34 of 119 (2,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SycrJohnnyvote of confidence? Is it not enough that you pay for it IF it's worth your money? You can even send them a kind letter via snailmail or e-mail. But don't feed this *! What about the next "big" thing, p2w in SP games like Shadow of war? Thats ok too? No need to buy the "cheats"? Guess what. Whole game is designed with that system in it, so it effects every single player who plays it. Don't let that * spread in our games.

Instead support companys like CDPR and talk about their awesome games. Don't pre-order them either, but let everyone know how awesome their games AND DLC practise are.

Message 35 of 119 (2,065 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@HelvetinbarbaariDon't get me wrong... I don't think EA deserves a vote on confidence... I once thought that Bioware did, but clearly now they've proven me wrong...

What I meant is that some small studios deserve that, and the help on financing a product sometimes, again for small studios, is important to allow them to finish their products... It's not the case of EA...

The preorder of ME2 and 3, had to do with getting the physical copies on time because I live in Argentina, and deliveries to my country, by the time those games released was pretty hard (because of political idiocy that I will not bother you with), Same happened with Diablo 3 box...

I bought ME:A on release day... it wasn't a preorder... anyway, I liked the game, I think that, leaving the bugs aside, is a good game... But the road that EA decided for the game, is a real disappointment...

Regarding DLC, I don't thrive on DLC... I mean, I would prefer a game finished on day one... Then in the future launch a full sequel game to tell all the rest of the history... But if the DLC worth's it, I'll pay for it...

But not from EA... never again from EA...

Message 36 of 119 (2,058 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game been out for less than 6 months and they stopping the work on it.

I think it doesn't show Bioware or EA in a good light.

To me this show what they think of the fans of Mass Effect. This seem to be a case packing up their toys and going home.

If the game was so broken that it is un-repairable why release the thing in the first place. So now that the game is NOT going to be repaired any more will EA or Bioware be offering a recall, compensation to people who bought the game and the in-game micro-transaction.

If EA or Bioware were smart they could use story DLC to repair the story.

If this what happens why should I take the risk in buyng future Bioware or EA products.

Message 37 of 119 (2,032 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Unsurprised and disappointed, but that I was already since I stopped playing back in April, when I was already feeling the fiasco surmounting.

Sad that support is also coming to a halt, given some people still want to enjoy the game and not a few are still having some bug crashing issues.

Failure serves to teach, to learn, hone and improve. EA/Bioware might use this time to experience that. Success of Anthem can even help ME franchise, if it ever returns. However, I am one that will not be looking forward to it, nor will I be tethering at the edge of my seat. There are just so many other things to think about, experience and have joy with that it feels somewhat lame mulling over on this MEA matter for too long.

Message 38 of 119 (2,028 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Avanglion

We are all mad, disappointed, heartbroken, and sadden. I put the blame on the EA heads. People have jobs and in that job they do what the heads want them to do. Pushing the passing of Corey Gaspur on EA or Bioware is WRONG. I want his son, family and friends to know over the years he helped create something I have come to love.

My thoughts are with Corey's family, friends and the people he worked with.

Message 39 of 119 (2,008 Views)

★★★ Pro

i think i've shared my views on this stuff more than a few times, but here i go again, i guess.

do i think mass effect andromeda was a bad game? hardly. it's really an ok game, IMHO. i had quite a bit of fun playing it (over 700 hours thus far IIRC), and the updates did help turn things around too, well when we were still getting them. the problem was that what i saw in game was a lack of quality compared to previous bioware titles, let alone the first installment of a new mass effect series. if they wanted to lay the foundation for a new mass effect trilogy or whatever you want to call it, they really need to invest in it... i think what happened instead was resources that should have been put into ME:A were diverted into that new ip (who's name shall not be spoken). it also seems to me that at some point it became common practice to take a whole complete game, and have it chopped into bits so they can sell it to us piecemeal as dlc, when most of that stuff should be in the main game itself, i see that happening here as well.

if you don't intend to put forth the effort in a game like this, you're better off not making it till you are actually going to give it the effort it really needs, and if they expected a warmer reception they need to wake up, because a half***ed approach to a title like this is just going to * people off... now, i'm not actually one of those people who are pissed at the game (as i enjoy it enough), i'm pissed at the EA/bioware for not giving this game an honest shake. because of that lack luster rush-job mass effect is effectively dead, so thanks bioware/EA.  

Message 40 of 119 (2,068 Views)