Re: Mass Effect Andromeda officially dead...

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
I totally agree... Too many whiney people that were expecting another shepherd story, that just decided to knitpick at every little thing because they were pissed that it didn't continue the story with the characters from the original series... However, having no more content for this game better mean a sequel is happening. As for ea, I'm more pissed about battlefront 1 than anything else. Pay for season pass, but you have to achieve certain things to get to use the weapons you paid for.
Message 91 of 119 (1,755 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Actually yes I did. I have to wonder if it was pc players that got all the bugs or not. I have for xbox 1 and never saw a problem except some glitches in multiplayer.
Message 92 of 119 (1,755 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Cuban4200 wrote:
Actually yes I did. I have to wonder if it was pc players that got all the bugs or not. I have for xbox 1 and never saw a problem except some glitches in multiplayer.

Excuse me...

but who are you talking to? please quote the original posts that you are replying to, so we can follow the thread...

Message 93 of 119 (1,750 Views)

★★ Novice

They should, most of the problems from the game stem from corporate interference no? E.A is all about open world, micro transactions and no more fully dedicated single player stories, the game for me was largely disappointing (lax story, dialogue, game play, and of course all the technical issues), a shadow of what it could be. When you look at its development history its just a mess, changing the game into open world halfway through development or towards the end of release date, explains a lot of the graphics issues and overall quality. Have you seen the alpha footage? How does it look better than the final product?...sorta venting here, but this game was a sore/bitter point for me and quite a few loyal fans of this franchise, since 2007 but ey, our opinions matter? or is our disappointment a convenient excuse to shelve a failure and not invest more in story and development?

Message 94 of 119 (1,722 Views)

Hero

@SycrJohnny wrote:

@Cuban4200 wrote:

Excuse me...

but who are you talking to? please quote the original posts that you are replying to, so we can follow the thread...

I think there was a back and forth and the other person deleted his posts, so now it looks like Cuban is talking to himself.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 95 of 119 (1,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

i thought overall the game was pretty good, just not great or amazing like some of the previous mass effect games. When you put the name Mass Effect in the title i expect certain things. Namely, a deep multiple branch story with decisions points that make a real difference on how your character is perceived and the environment around you. I felt like this game was more milk toast. They went with quantity over quality instead of focusing on some of the quest lines to really define who the characters are. It is sad that the game is now offically dead as i think it could have had some interesting DLC to fill out some of the questions i still had. I think many were expecting the new game to be totally different and have a lot of new aliens and personalities to explore. instead it was most of the same and there was not as many classic characters that i couldnt go without (see Garrus/Mordin/Wrex). Mass effect was always my favorite game series and i played the triology through many many times always finding some new angle to keep my interest. I felt like in this game there is not as much variety in the playthroughs, because of the lack of Paragon/Rengade, all decisions feels like they dont really mean anything. I liked that im not shoe horned into picking a specific answer to keep my Paragon/Renegade score high, but the overall result of picking different choices just amounted to a few different character lines instead of actual changes in how people behaved with you.  The game felt disjointed, like many different teams worked on different parts of it totally independently but did not work to tie everything together. And while exploration focus can be fun, without really interesting side quests, its easy to get bored and start to lose interest. Speaking of losing interest, some of the quests were so long and convulted, having you talk to random people all over the galaxy that you just met without throughly developing the background. Halfway through some of the quests i just totally forgot what the original purpose of undertaking it was. Oh well. I feel like if this was the last mass effect game, bioware kind of did it dirty. I hope for the series sake that it can have one final game to send it off the way it was meant to be. 

Message 96 of 119 (1,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That was quick
Message 97 of 119 (1,642 Views)

★ Apprentice

I for one never noticed any bugs on my game, I thought it was a good game. It's actually hard to compare the first 3 games to this one, they were two different stories, I myself thought it being 8/10 if I were to rank it of the games I've played and enjoyed,

I hope they will in a few years maybe rework the game, I also don't think that we observed all there is in Andromeda, from the star map in the game there looks to be a lot unmapped areas to explore, I dought that there was only two species in Andromeda, the kett, and the angarans were just two i'm sure the kett must have been doing their thing longer than the war with them. I'm happy with the game, and don't see what went wrong in the development or even why they gave up on the game.

I know there were a lot of criticizers, and some were rantings, trying to say things like they didn't know what they were doing, or to indicated they could make a better game. if the could make a better game, let them try, maybe mass effect in future should have creative tools to make one's own work, like in the nwn and nwn2, Toolsets,

I would love to see bioware return to some D&D-like games( my personal wish is they would be part of the Scarred Lands setting even if it's not D&D but using the world of Scarn, it's a fairly new system(I think they should collaborate on a project like that, or be a company working with other companies(like paradox interactive)(world of darkness). I know that last one was a bit off topic, if I add anything else about that i'll be sure to ensure I add it to an appropriate post in the future.

Message 98 of 119 (1,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yeah this is really bad that EA cancelled DLC for ME:A.. I personally think that the game was good and maybe if they really wanted to bring all of ME fans back they would work hard on that DLC and not give up on it.. I love all old series of ME but Andromeda was not bad not even perfect but it was really good, they bring back loyalty mission from ME:2, but I think they rushed whit the game development so that's why it had so many bugs.

EA did great thing's whit ME:2 and 3 ( graphics, audio, gameplay mechanics etc.) But I think they could do better whit Andormeda. 

And you might hate me when I say this but I think even Ubisoft would try to bring their game back whit DLC or updates if they saw that fans still want to play that game not just wait another 5 years for new one...

Here we can see that EA only cares and will care about money and how much money will they get from that specific game... not fans or what we want they just want our money. 

Thanks EA for killing new good Mass Effect.

Message 99 of 119 (1,605 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also have no problem with them making money, that's game publishing companies do. I do think there needs to be some kind of change in how much a publisher can push the game makers, to rush things, I do see that rushed works often are flops or don't do as well. maybe if the world rids itself from this world problem of the cabal or whatever is controlling things. which I think is coming. but it won't be over night. might even take 20 years i'll be in my 60s then, maybe if there is reincarnation or however it works( maybe i'll be back in another 100 years or so.) if humanity doesn't destroy itself, if it does maybe it'll be an eon before we emerge (just trying to make a positive comment now that I've gone way off topic, I hope I can make a live stream of how I feel about the games world)

Message 100 of 119 (1,546 Views)