Re: Mass Effect Andromeda officially dead...

by Phantom_DeltaOps

Original Post

★★★ Pro

I am continuing to play ME:A in Multiplayer, i've been playing Golds like never before.. i still have no managed to do the hang time achievement in SP.. and despite even trying the profopts profile thing that someone posted about this, i found that i was unable to get it to work. so i must have done something wrong there.   I never did find 20 remnant puzzles in single playthrough, and despite going back to my first completion game, i'm convinced I 'may' have missed 1 or 2 in the vaults which are now permanently sealed to me.  I romanced 1 of the female crew only, so that was another achievement i've not done and my VI has not targetted ALL remnant enemy types, and i've no idea whether i'll revisit that.

The game has up to now been fun, and I posted at great length about the loss of audio bug since the end of the first week of april, very soon after the game was released.. and patch after patch came going right the way up to 1.10 and never did we see any kind of fix, work around or anything that helps us.. the gamers get over the issue of having to completely restart the game to fix it.

The news of the discontinuation of single player DLC or updates was very sad for an IP of such a large fan base and I do find it disgusting to find the plug pretty much pulled at the end of the 5th month (i think it is?).

Well, i'm disappointed in EA to say the very least.. I think they've misread the fanbase by quite a large margin if they think we are just going to go, "ahh well, ho hum" and carry on like nothing has happened.   it has.. its all there is black and white and while it was not entirely unexpected, it does give one a sense of 'grieving' for something you've come to really enjoy.

While they have said there will be some limited support to the multiplayer aspect of the product, i fear even that will be minimal in comparison to previous Mass Effect products, and it leaves you wondering if a company can do this to the game you bought THIS year.. just how far short support wise are they going to fall with Anthem?     And i hint at this again.. 'how long after Anthem goes live do you think it will be before someone posts about 'lost audio during game play at random' and then have them pretends its a new issue they've not experienced before eh?

Message 21 of 119 (2,474 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After reading the article in Forbes, I've been expecting this outcome. I was hoping to be wrong.

It is a kick in the * to us consumers. Bioware products which up to now has been some of the best of the best in gaming. Both IP's of ME and DA have been top quality. I respected their talents and drive for perfection. Even ME:A once many of the problems were fixed has been entertaining and left me waiting for the SP DLC's. So now we know, since Bioware was bought by EA, that the drive and talents that once drove a great company has become totally ordinary and ruled by "a sucker is born every day".

I don't blame the people of Bioware so much as the corporate mindset at EA. Yes it's a business but this particular industry has to engender loyalty in their customers or the customer can go elsewhere. As these are the only 2 IP"s that I play at EA (I quit SWToR when it went boring easy mode), I guess they want me to go elsewhere. I can do that.

Message 22 of 119 (2,454 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been a Bioware fan since Baldur's Gate came out in 1998.  I have preordered every game and bought all DLC's.  I will never do so again. Andromeda had potential and as part of the Mass Effect franchise was apart of something special.  So I spent my 100 bucks and I got taken to the cleaners. I can't say I'll never play another Bioware/EA game again, but I will wait until I can buy the steam code on ebay for 10 bucks.  They lost a hard fan over they way they've unrolled this game and handled the aftermath.

Message 23 of 119 (2,437 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Umm, Bioware was not part of EA when Baldur's Gate was released. Not in 1998. I think EA picked up Bioware in 2006.

Message 24 of 119 (2,426 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Phantom_DeltaOps  2007 to be more precise. ME1 was already out and DA:O was too deep in production to be changed. After that is all EA. 

I can't say that i did not see this coming. And is not exactly the first time when it happens. Remember when they've decided to can the expansion for DA2. Sure, some elements of the story got into DA:I, but the reasoning was similar. Mediocre reception and sales that did not meet EA's expectations.

And, yeah. I do enjoy ME:A, though not as much as the older games. Right now i am playing more in co-op than in SP, as i don't have the heart to finish it (i have only the final mission left).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 25 of 119 (2,406 Views)

Anonymous
Goodbye Bioware!
Message 26 of 119 (2,398 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Your right, I was close. lol.

I feel your pain. Someone has already started a boycott for Anthem on the EA forums. Other forums talk of a lawsuit. It is a sad mess. I will never read of what happen to the lost ark in a comic. I too will just let it lay.

Message 27 of 119 (2,386 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well * you! This is the last time i'll ever buy anything with EA on it! I can't play the game, since my character won't turn. No refunds. Worked fine month ago. At least i got this steaming pile of * @30€. Was worth 5. But Mass effect fanboy WAS fanboy.

Good riddence!

Message 28 of 119 (2,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm completelly disapointed...
I thought that at least they would respect the fan base and the millions of people that buy games for them year after year...

Really, saying something that "we will continue to tell stories in the Andromeda Galaxy through our upcoming comics and novels, including the fate of the quarian ark"... no DLC. No possible future game launch to clarify all the clifhangers ys more than an insult to the fans to me...

I't been exaclty 5 months since lauch (I remember it preciselly, because it was the day that my son was born), and you already put the tomb stone on the game? Nice going... good way to * the great fanbase that ME has...

EA, I don't think I will buy a game from you again, at least no at full retail and/or collector edition price... Not ever again...

Bioware was much better of without EA, then was a real game studio... EA really screwed it up...

A shame...

Message 29 of 119 (2,333 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I wont be touching another EA game.  The only people that are going to be supporting this are the cheat engine devs. 

Message 30 of 119 (2,319 Views)