Mass Effect Andromeda no disc in the PC version of the game

by JediRevanMunro

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda no disc in the PC version of the game

@foundittoo wrote:

Thanks. If I can find a game on disk i'll buy it. If not then I'm out. It's crazy how big these games are today and you want us to download it all? At least put half or 2/3 the games on disk if nothing else. How hard is that?

We have reached a point where there a typical AAA game would take 5 DVDs.

If only 20% would be on disk for the player I can understand that it's seen as no meaningful difference to fully download.

I think the availability of physical disk copies for PC games will be almost fully gone within 5 years, possibly sooner.

Yes, broadband speed and availability is an issue for some territories.

There may be a place in the market for 3rd party authorized dealers who are allowed to make Disk copies, we shall see.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 12 (561 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda no disc in the PC version of the game

Hero

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

I think the availability of physical disk copies for PC games will be almost fully gone within 5 years, possibly sooner.

I think most PCs don't even have disc drives anymore. Even on consoles I prefer digital distribution now. I download games on Nintendo Switch because the load times are faster than the cartridge copies.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 12 (541 Views)