Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

by Glennen_81

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

★ Apprentice

Well, compared to the other two parts of the game, the guy who dubbed it in part 2 sounded like he was leaning his head on one hand while reading the part in the most bored fashion imaginable.

Message 11 of 139 (10,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_DavidI would love to have the option of chosing english subtitles. I live in Poland and Inquistion subtitles were just atrociously translated. Now I don't have a problem with people playing with polish subtitles and voice overs but please consider giving us a choice in both. Please!

Message 12 of 139 (10,872 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm currently working in Russia, I pre-ordred the game Mass Effect Andromeda, now I'm looking at the supported language it says "Russian". Now I don't know what kind of sorcerly is it because the origin site is in English and the app in client preference is also in English. Then why am I getting a Russian version. I do not speak Russian only know the basic stuff as in how to order my food or go shopping.  If there is no way of getting the English, then I will cancel my order! please tell me there is a way!

Message 13 of 139 (10,837 Views)

@Alvarez_XIII

This answer is with reservations.

The way it looks atm the Russian and Polish versions will have English voice over and only Russian and Polish subtitles.

I search conformation for this statement and will be updating the thread if I get that. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 14 of 139 (10,798 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This will be  terrible news if it's true. I would just like a choice in the matter.

Message 15 of 139 (10,782 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did pre order but in my country not support russian language and i not understand why? How i can get support russian language if i not live in Russian?

Message 16 of 139 (10,771 Views)

★ Apprentice

Currently, I am having the same issue, whether or not I should buy ME:A, because russian localization is almost always subpar to original.

So as per discussion with customer support, it appears that the lock is applied on game codes, rather than account itself (or at least, that's what the "advisor" have said).
So we technically can buy the game from 3rd parties and add to "language-locked" library. Though should the game have any addons or DLC or even upgrade to deluxe editions, we would be in bad situation, since retailers do not usually sell them, and Origin will be the only option (see last bits of transcript).

Markandey: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Markandey. How may I assist you today?
you: Hello.
Markandey: Hi there!
you: I would like to ask whether there is a possibility to buy EU-version of ME:A while account is locked in CIS-country (namely: Russia)
Markandey: You can search it on origin store to see if it is available in that particular language in your country otherwise I am afraid there is no other way.
Markandey: You can purchase it from  third parties.
you: Okay. So, if I say buy a ME:A code from Amazom, which you list as a certified reseller, will I get a fully english version?
you: sorry, Amazon.com
Markandey: yes but make sure to purchase it in English Version.
you: So, the language lock is applied on code itself, rather than account. It won't happen that I buy an english version, and it will convert to russian-only?
you: when I add it to my library
Markandey: Yes exactly.
you: And that's the official stance, I presume? Can't I just convert my whole account to english to buy full versions of games, even if for higher price?
Markandey: We do not have any possible way to change the language of game so you need to purchase the game in English language.
you: for it to be in english (subtitles + audio), right?
Markandey: Yes, there would be a world wide edition which is in English Language.
you: Okay.
you: On a separate note, can I upgrade world wide edition (standard) with deluxe upgrade bought in region-locked country?
Markandey: Unfortunately not. You will need to purchase the same upgrade.
you: And I can buy it? the 3rd parties do not sell them.
you: *Where I can buy it?
Markandey: You can purchase Deluxe Edition directly.
you: I can't. The 3rd parties do not sell Deluxe editions (download codes).
Markandey: Alright then, purchase standard edition and purchase the upgrade,
Markandey: if it works then it is fine otherwise contact us back, we will refund it.
you: Okay. We shall see.
you: Thanks for your help
you: You won't mind if I attach the transcript on your answers.ea.com page?
Markandey: No problem.
Markandey: You can share it anywhere.
Markandey: Is there anything else I may assist you with today? I will be glad to help you.
you: No, thanks, you did enough
you: good day

Message 17 of 139 (10,746 Views)

@GreUJnik

It is indeed the Game key that decides witch version you get.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/No-English-language-supported/m-p/5769712#M177

But as said before, it looks like that the Russian and Polish versions will have English voice overs. 

@Tomashville

There is no choice, the game is finished and the decision about the language lock was made a long time ago.

It is either Polish or Russian dub and Polish or Russian subtitles or English voice overs and Polish or Russian subtitles, probably the later. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 18 of 139 (10,723 Views)

★ Apprentice

"@Crusader_bin Hi, thanks for the post. In your situation getting a physical copy from another region would be the usual recommended route."

I read that, at least in the european version, the physical copy, meaning the box of the game, contains only a download code.

I still don't get why the region lock for languages has been implemented into Origin in the first place. No other Game client does that.

Message 19 of 139 (10,716 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Tomashville

There is no choice, the game is finished and the decision about the language lock was made a long time ago.

It is either Polish or Russian dub and Polish or Russian subtitles or English voice overs and Polish or Russian subtitles, probably the later. 

Well I'm still hoping against hope that they will put this option in later. It would most ikely be very simple. Even Inquisition still has this option in the settings menu, although it's inactive.

Message 20 of 139 (10,709 Views)