Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

by Glennen_81

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@elistyar wrote:
@ThandalNLymanPlease, check your facts first before throwing out nonsense like that in public.
It is impossible to buy Origin access from a different country than you actually are in. Price is not an issue here. EA decides what language is or isn't available in the region you occupy. Thus, other options are NOT available to me.
Secondly, contracts or market deals cannot disregard law or regulations no matter what you may wish. If they do, they're called illegal practices.

I'm afraid you're the one who hasn't checked the facts.  Many, many players have purchased a version different than the one usually available in their countries.  In fact the "Solved" post for this topic points to just one of the various ways this can be done.  And EA only decides what language they make available by default in a given region.

Lastly, EA has had region/language-specific distribution agreements in-place for decades. This is not new, nor unique to EA.  And if it were illegal, as so many forum lawyers insist, there would have been a court case and a judgement against EA long ago.  But in fact, it's perfectly legal and no amount of whinging on the internet is going to make it otherwise.  Grow up and follow the advice already given to obtain an English version, or don't.  But stop throwing out nonsense about how "they can't do that."

Message 131 of 139 (1,628 Views)

★★ Novice
@ThandalNLyman All right, sage. Please, tell me how to obtain the English subscription to Origin Access in this country. Step by step, if you don't mind.
Message 132 of 139 (1,609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@elistyar;  Use a VPN (if necessary) and change region/language affiliation on EA/Origin account.  Cool

Message 133 of 139 (1,602 Views)

★★ Novice
@ThandalNLyman LOL. So in other words, infringe on the Terms of Service risking removal of the account. Genius.
Message 134 of 139 (1,584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@elistyar;  Not at all.  Once again, you have failed to check your facts.  Nothing in the Terms of Service says anything about that.  As long as you pays your money, you gets your service.

People have tried to help you, but you obviously don't really want help.  You just want to whinge.  Go ahead.  Just keep playing your current version, or don't.

It's your call. 

The rest of us will enjoy our games in the language(s) we prefer.  Nerd

Message 135 of 139 (1,567 Views)

★★ Novice

Quote from the ELECTRONIC ARTS USER AGREEMENT:

6. Rules of Conduct
When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

(...)

- Modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.

(...)

- Attempt to use an EA Service on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by EA.

End quote.

Also, there are reports of accounts banned for using VPN and posts with information such as this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Are-VPN-s-allowed/td-p/6050401

Stop misleading people.

Message 136 of 139 (1,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@elistyar;  And once again, the point is missed.

Are you saying you use an ISP "controlled by EA"?  No, of course not.  But citing that part of the ToS in that way only shows that you have little understanding of the issues here, and that you're the one misleading people by spreading your nonsense.

Here's an idea: Why don't you try what has been suggested (including by people who have been successful doing so) and see if it works?

Or would you rather just whinge?

[EDIT:  Thought I'd add that in your "source" for your statement that using a VPN is somehow forbidden by EA there is no mention of anyone being banned for doing so, but there is  a mention of people doing so with no problem. The is also a claim by another player that it's against the rules, but I'll point out that there are ZERO posts in that thread by EA staff.  None.  In other words it fails to support, or actively contradicts, the assertion(s) you're making.  More evidence that you have no real idea what you're talking about, just speculation and vitriol.]

Message 137 of 139 (1,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@ThandalNLymanyou like to lecture people about checking their facts, so here is one for you: EA is drowning in it's own BS.

(EA, once a very reputable company...)

Message 138 of 139 (1,064 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all. 

This thread has been inactive for several months, and it looks like the conversation has leaned into personal attacks more than troubleshooting. I've gone ahead and locked the thread. 

Please cool it with the personal attacks in the future. I understand that issues like this can get frustrating, but there's no need to go after each other like this. Keep it civil. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 139 of 139 (1,027 Views)