Re: Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

by Bellanaris88

Original Post

★★ Novice

Cofirmed, it works on russian version. yay!!! Thx. grasher151!!

Message 101 of 139 (2,000 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I ordered a refund on my pre-loaded russian verison, and bought an origin redeem code from online vendor.

It was an international version with 4 languages, so I got what i wanted - a game in English.

But that's a troublesome way to fix such a seemingly primitive issue. Wish origin could sort out languages and regions before the next big release.

The game is awesome by the way.

Message 102 of 139 (1,976 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry for bringing this up again, but is there a way to install two languages (VO) at the same time?

My sister accidentally installed the game in german, because her client was german. Changing the language in the game properties forces her to download 45gb, therefore almost the entire game and it would take hours, so I copied my loc and locfacefx folders in Data and Patch and gave her those files. After that she could change the language to english in the main menu, but then the entire game is mute. No sound at all. Not even music. Does anybody know which files I'm missing here?

It's important to me because I prefer to play the game in english, while my husband would like to play it in german. But we can't download the entire game every time we switch.

I would really appreciate it, if anybody could help me/us. Thanks

Message 103 of 139 (1,770 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
so it's no way to change?
Message 104 of 139 (1,759 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Bellanaris88

Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click MEA > Repair)

Furthermore, I switched between German and English, 45GB is a wrong value, the actual size of the download is much smaller, about 3GB.

The game will verify the installation (45GB) that will take about a minute (depending on your system) and will then download the German language file (about 3GB).

After that both files will be on your system and at language change the game will only verify the game files without further download.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 105 of 139 (1,714 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Came here to see @EA_David post and learn that Poland left EU and noone except for EA knows yet. With every hour spent in ME: Andromeda, aside for all the bugs and glitches i get more and more tired of Polish subs that are inconsistent with what characters are saying. And I can;t change it because EA says so...

Message 106 of 139 (1,688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello everybody! I participate in a Brazilian forum that has been able to change the language of the game.
Below is the forum link.
The user's post "Gamerever" is the tutorial to change the language into Portuguese, but it also works for English.
I do not know if I can post this here, so those who need it, be quick and spread it!

EDIT: [removed, please don't post such links on AHQ]

Message 107 of 139 (1,653 Views)

★★ Novice

WTF? Do moderators simply delete every single post that is actually helpful?

Message 108 of 139 (1,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am deeply dissatisfied with the language options available to me. I am seriously considering refunding the game.

Message 109 of 139 (1,418 Views)

@Racimir

What is the problem? Are you from a region where the game is language locked?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 110 of 139 (1,401 Views)