Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

by Glennen_81

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately, Origin has the problem that it locks the language to the IP of where you come from. (and everyone who will say that changing the language in the Origin client helps... it doesn't)

For Mass Effect 3, they released an English language pack for those who wanted to play in its original. Since there won't  be a boxed version of the game (the box for the PC version will only contain a download code), will there be the same language DLC for ME Andromeda? Because this will determine if I buy the game or not.

Regards

Message 1 of 139 (27,919 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda language choice

Ok, so I got confirmation from an EA CM.

In the regions that have only one language option (Russian and Polish) the spoken game language is English. (there is no Russian or Polish dubbing.)

The subtitles will be in Russian or Polish, depending on the specific region.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 21 of 139 (16,273 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

bump

Message 2 of 139 (27,782 Views)

@Glennen_81

This is only a problem if you life in a region where only one language is available. (Poland or Russia for example.)

If you live in a country where the international version is sold you should be able to choose the english languages in the Game menu.

(That is btw also true for the Mass Effect 3 digital version on Origin.)

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 3 of 139 (27,750 Views)

★ Apprentice

One example: I live in Germany and I have a game called The Saboteur in my Origin library.  when I install the game, I choose English as the language I want yet the game is always in German. I have tried changing it in the registry, changing the client language but nothing worked.

I once read that this is deliberate because they don't want to burden the installation size with multiple language packs. Which is already a bullsh*t reason because I have the same game in my Steam library (was part of a bundle I once bought) and there, you only download the language pack you've chosen on install. If you decide you want another, they download that separately later.

Message 4 of 139 (27,733 Views)

@Glennen_81

Well, it depends on the specific game.

I am a German living in Germany, and I could play Mass Effect 3 in German and also in English right from the start. (changing the language is done in game.) The game came with multiple accessible languages out of the box.

In DA I the English language pack is accessible via "extra content" section inside the DA I menu as a downloadable language pack. 

Andromeda is fully German localised, but the international version that is sold in Germany also supports English. 

So if BW is not changing there Politics completely you will be able to change the language to English at one or the other way. (my money is on the ME3 method.)

If you want to be absolutely sure wait until the Origin access trial starts, that is on March 16, then you will get 100% conformation if you can change the language in game.  

For "The Saboteur"

There can be multiple reasons why a game don't has the English languages version available, in the case of the "The Saboteur" it could be that the German key you presumably bought lock's the languages to German because the game is censored in Germany. But that is just an assumption.   

Message 5 of 139 (27,716 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'd really like an official answer on this. I really want to buy the game but will NOT buy it if I have to endure the dubbed version in Portuguese (I'm in Brazil), or have all the text in Portuguese. Believe or not, it really breaks immersion, as well as the problem of the local actors never really being as good as the original ones. Sometimes we WANT to give EA money and they just won't take it..... Frown

Message 6 of 139 (27,447 Views)

@LittleViktor

If you play on a PC, just look in the Origin store at the game description under "Supported languages". There you will find the answer.

Message 7 of 139 (27,433 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@LittleViktor Hey, the Brazilian versions have Englsh voiceovers, and a full choice of text, including English and BR-PT.

If you're concerned about other languages, can you let us know your system? There are some restrictions on some other languages, but from your post they're not of concern to you. 

@Glennen_81 Hey, to clarify, the EU version of the game will have English, German & French Voiceovers, as well as matching text (including Italian & Spanish). I'll be closely keeping an eye on this (language is more crucial in BW games than in most of our others) and it'll be the first thing I test. However I don't forsee any problems, 

Thanks, If you have any further questions please let us know. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 139 (27,407 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks @EA_David. It's important to me to be able to use the original English version because the German dubbing actor for the Sheppard character in Mass Effect 2 was atrocious.

Message 9 of 139 (27,392 Views)

@Glennen_81

While I agree that the english version and both Mark Meer and Jennifer Hale are clearly better, atrocious is a little too harsh imho. Wink

Message 10 of 139 (27,329 Views)