Mass Effect Andromeda - Deluxe Edition Weapons beyond tier 5

by usmc_red16

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda - Deluxe Edition Weapons beyond tier 5

★★★ Novice

How did you upgrade to tier 5? My deluxe weapons don't appear to be upgradable as the blueprints are not showing up in R&D...? 

Message 11 of 27 (2,934 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also, how did you guys get your non-blueprint weapons to get past tier 5?

Message 12 of 27 (2,918 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Those "Pathfinder" weapons are sure good at giving you a headstart early in the game... but they are not the best weapons in the game. There are more interesting ones that can be unlocked. The very best ones are those you craft yourself, especially if you give them certain augmentations during the crafting process.

What I did:

As soon as the game allows you to unlock Cryo pods (... depends on your AVP score and the viability of the planets you build outposts on...), please unlock this one:

Military Pods > Reconnaissance

The result of this will be that every planet's surface you visit will be covered with 'hidden' containers. Well, not really 'hidden' in any way because their location will now clearly be visible on the map. All you need to do is get into the Nomad, drive to those locations and then fetch the loot. Some of those containers are near or even inside Remnant sites (there might be a few hostile bots), or on high cliffs (you need to use your jetpack to get there...) or sometimes in caves. But totally worth it. I got tons and tons and tons of good guns, good armor and rare materials from these containers!

Then, as soon as you can either research or buy this augment mod, please do it:  "Vintage Heat-Sink".

That augment totally eliminates the need for ammo crates - you get infinite ammo. Yes, your guns might overheat here and there, but you can stay in cover while they cool down and regenerate their ammo, no need ever to run out of cover to find an ammo crate.

Next, research this Angara sniper gun: "Naladen"When you craft it - give it the "Vintage Heat-Sink" augment!

Why this gun? It does massive explosive splash damage to anything you fire at. It's like calling in an artillery strike. And with the "vintage heat-sink" you will never run out of ammo, you just have to wait a few seconds for the gun to cool down again. Combine this with consumables like "Incendiary ammo" or "Disruptor ammo" and skills such as "Concussive Shot", "Incinerate" or "Throw" and you'll be setting off explosions and combo detonations all over the map! Even large space monsters or large groups of enemies don't stand much of a chance.

Then spend some "Andromeda Initiative" research points and research this assault rifle: "Revenant".

Why this gun? It deals a lot of damage, it has a high fire rate and has a very large clip capacity. It was the very best gun to have in "ME2" and was still very good in "ME3".

Apply the same trick as above: When you craft this gun, give it a "vintage heat-sink" augmentation. Taddaaaa. No more ammo problems with this gun. Add a scope (... you will run into so many containers everywhere, I am sure you will sooner or later find a suitable scope! ...), add a large clip (... can be obtained from containers, traders, dead enemies ...) and / or a barrel for extra damage. With the right skills and profiles (e.g. Soldier, Infiltrator, etc.) you can pretty much eliminate recoil and stability issues.

Now, armed with these beasts of guns ... do I miss not being able to further upgrade my "Pathfinder" guns? Nope, I in fact don't :D

I know, I know ... this is not a "solution". But maybe an acceptable "workaround" to help you beat the game? Standard smile

Message 13 of 27 (2,763 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

scorp123, I wish I could favorite posts.

Message 14 of 27 (2,750 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can't speak for the Deluxe Edition weapons, but the non-blue print weapons past tier 5 become available for development (I think) 1 or 2 levels after you can research the advanced tier weapons.

Message 15 of 27 (2,733 Views)

★ Apprentice

IIRC, the Pioneer weapons don't need to be researched.  They can be developed as you level up and the storyline advances.  They're kind of buried in the Development screen, but they should be there.

Message 16 of 27 (2,725 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

basically as long as you avoid the remnant weapons and most shotguns your good. remnant weapons have huge bullet drops so even for the sniper its only a max of 70M the shotgun is worthless unless point blank range the equalizer is decent but again no range 15M max the cryo gauntlet is 2M range and far less powerful than an standard omnitool. the only thing they got going for them is inf ammo but you can do the same thing with a heat sink mod on every weapon 

Message 17 of 27 (2,612 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@satan45 wrote:

basically as long as you avoid the remnant weapons and most shotguns your good. remnant weapons have huge bullet drops so even for the sniper its only a max of 70M the shotgun is worthless unless point blank range the equalizer is decent but again no range 15M max the cryo gauntlet is 2M range and far less powerful than an standard omnitool. the only thing they got going for them is inf ammo but you can do the same thing with a heat sink mod on every weapon 

almost forgot the remnant assault rifle the worst of the bunch 3 burst shot decent range with 90M effectif range but the recoil on that gun is terrible giving the gun a 0 in accuracy you click once get 3 shots and your looking at the stars 

Message 18 of 27 (2,612 Views)

★ Novice

Guys.  This isn't about other weapons.  If we wanted to use them we would.  I prefer the Pathfinder rifle.  Its stuck at Tier V Im lvl 70 atm and its still Tier V.  I hope this is updated or even recognized by the staff here soon.  So far they have ignored it.

Message 19 of 27 (2,584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

i was at level 60 and tier 7 so you might be doing something wrong. also don't try insanity with those its hard enough with the more powerful weapons :P for other weapons you will get an option for advanced when you researched the weapon to its full 

Message 20 of 27 (2,562 Views)