Mass Effect Andromeda 2 is a must

by EllBeardo

Original Post

Mass Effect Andromeda 2 is a must

★★★ Newbie

I'm a newbie to mass effect.  To be honest I only picked up Mass Effect Andromeda on a whim when I was buying two other games,  And Its one of the best decisions I've ever made!  I think its a great game.  Aye its a wee bit buggy at times but so are most games. And Andromeda is a lot less buggy than most!  I think its a shame that there will be no DLC for single player, as I don't play multiplayer.  I would have gladly paid for DLC.  The ending of Mass Effect Andromeda left so many unquestioned questions.  I hope that the next Mass Effect game will take of were Andromeda left off!

Message 1 of 23 (2,252 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda 2 is a must

★★★★★ Apprentice

I started with ME 2 myself and had to have it all, yes it's a shame that they killed the Andromeda set. The game started out flawed but they did fix a lot of them, I have over 3600 hrs into this game and definitely want more, especially with all of the unanswered questions that remain. This was a good concept game that just got released too soon and now we gamers will suffer for it. I have doubts about the reality of another ME game, otherwise they wouldn't have killed ME A.

Message 2 of 23 (2,186 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EllBeardo I was there at the beginning and Andromeda is the worst one, just beaten by ME3.

Although, ME3 has the best gameplay, the last 5hours of the game is a huge kick in the nuts. Andromeda's cover system is the worst, doesn't give as much control over followers abilities, not even a Dragon Age-style tactics page to compensate for it.

I honestly got bored of it half way through, the only reason I'm going back to it now is that I stupidly unlocked a trophy on the PS4 version, can't leave a platinum unearned.
Message 3 of 23 (2,150 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Pain_Reliever_I Released too soon? It was in development for SIX YEARS
Message 4 of 23 (2,147 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SolCreed Most of which was spent on "procedural generated" planets to explore (which was scrapped) and the converting of the Frostbite engine to be fit for an action RPG title... EA forced Bioware to release the game in 2017 while the devs asked for at least one more year for development.
Message 5 of 23 (2,121 Views)

@gngmelcalaniye 

gngmelcalaniye wrote:
 EA forced Bioware to release the game in 2017 while the devs asked for at least one more year for development.

Any links to confirm that?

It is a common thing to blame EA for mistakes the developer makes this days, and it sounds to me like the claim that EA forced Frostbite on Andromeda, something that was just recently debunked.

For Andromeda, I pretty much like the game. As many others I know do as well and it still has many fans. 

The game has fallen victim to a typical Internet hate train that had many reasons, and many of these reasons had nothing to do with the actual game.

The most important thing now is what they do with the franchise in the future.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 23 (2,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have to say ME2 is the worst. Best story sure, but combat was utterly putrid and really dragged the game down, not to mention about the worst rpg system ever. MEA is pretty much the opposite. 

Message 7 of 23 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Novice
https://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428 Long read but worthwhile. 

@holger1405 wrote:

It is a common thing to blame EA for mistakes the developer makes this days, and it sounds to me like the claim that EA forced Frostbite on Andromeda, something that was just recently debunked.

Now, here's the issue I have with this statement. "Blaming" EA was one way for fans to vent out and keep their hopes up for BioWare. What you're saying is that EA didn't have anything to do with it and BioWare shot itself in the foot. So, the rumors that BioWare is on a downward trend in terms of management and bad decisions should also be true. in the deep down I kinda wished it was EA's fault so BioWare could pull what Bungie did with Activision and parted ways. 

Oh well... Maybe, just maybe, some time in the future some capable people revisit this franchise and make it great again. The base is there, it's not solid but it can be. A lot of plot "holes" to be answered, a lot of place to grow, a lot of potential for story development

Spoiler
Don't forget that the main antagonist in ME:A wasn't even high up on the Kett hierarchy.

I guess time will tell. 

Message 8 of 23 (2,094 Views)

★ Guide

Both EA and bioware were to blame, but I'd say EA was more so. The amount of mistakes made during development was insane. 

There's a lot of story left in MEA to explore, it can easily be good. They just have to do it right for the next game. 

Message 9 of 23 (2,087 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SolCreed I don't care how long it was in development I was there at release and with what had to be fixed Yes it was released too soon.
Message 10 of 23 (2,063 Views)