Mass Effect 5: Story Ideas

by r_debene91

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 5: Story Ideas

★ Guide

I agree. Outside of satisfying curiosity, all exploring the MW would do is water down andromeda. 

Message 21 of 42 (2,027 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm in agreement with @AeromusPrime22, no MEA game should center around returning back to the Milky Way. It's just the fact the EA/Bioware don't want to give a canonical ending (which I think has more to do with the fact that a lot of players who've been with ME since the first and second game hated the RBG endings of the third). 

The Initiative's technology has basically been frozen for over 600 years, and the Angarans and Kett are at around the same technological level, so I doubt there's any faster way to travel back to the Milky Way other than creating a specialized mass relay to help them travel back to the Milky Way, which would take a ton of resources and time to build one capable enough to do it.

No, if the game is to continue, it's obvious that the rest of this new trilogy (I assume they were looking at making this a trilogy) should revolve around exploration, meeting new Andromeda races and the war with the Kett. So the possible ME:A2 game would revolve around the Pathfinders traveling outside of Heleus, looking for new planets to settle, resources to gather, and allies to fight the Kett. With a possible ME:A3 game revolving around a full blown war between the Kett and the Initiative's coalition.

Message 22 of 42 (1,993 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, exploration and the Kett should be the focus of MEA2. It was hinted at that the Archon may have been a splinter faction, but even then I wouldnt expect the other Kett to be friendly. I can definitely see the third being an all out war and end with the final settlement of Helios cluster.

Theres still plenty of untapped potential in Andromeda and the MW is completely uneccessary. 

Message 23 of 42 (1,981 Views)

Milky Way ME is DONE....please people, let it go, and let the decisions made in those game stand.  While I personally hate the endings, they were the choices given, and the choices I made.  I know what happens in the Milky Way Galaxy, and I personally don't need a rehash of them in ME:A#.  There is SO MUCH lore to be found/created in the new galaxy, that I would hate for Bioware to waste their time in a rehash of known items, instead of building a more diverse and enjoyable new Galaxy. 

As far as 600 years being a long time...well to humans and Salarians maybe, but Liara and Grunt actually have the possibility of still being alive in the Milky Way....So for certain races, 600 years isn't that long.  I personally understand the desire to see something familiar in the ME games, but that can't be done in a good manner that wouldn't make the endings even worse....if the differences are so slight(and yeah, Red/Blue/Green), that after a relatively few years you can't tell them apart, what is the point in the first place?? 

I hope Bioware looks around and figures out that the first series took 3 games to fully develop their characters and don't try to rush them again, I hope they enlarge the lore pool, I hope they NEVER say anything definitive about the Milky Way Galaxy, and I hope they release an awesome game.  I also hope that people get over the Shepard trilogy, understand it and the Milky Way are done in Mass Effect and we can all move on to new and better Mass Effect games. 

Now, will any of my hopes come true??  No clue, but I can hope.  I also have to wait and see how they handle Dragon Age in the next installment to get a good idea if all the magic of the company has flown, or if they still have some to make new games with.

Good Luck, Bioware....I kinda think you are going to need it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 24 of 42 (1,938 Views)

★ Guide
Message 25 of 42 (1,834 Views)

★ Guide

Bioware stated I believe last year that they planned on ME5 but it would be after a new Dragon Age. So if its in development, its likely just the brainstorming stage. 

Message 26 of 42 (1,821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is one idea. Possibly a surviving character for example Liara T'Soni. After fusing with the reaper tech, could still be fully in control of her personality and interest in studying alien life. She could set out on her own expedition where she too drifts into the Andromeda system, where this could link the two systems. She could be like a messenger from the milky way informing the Ryders that there is still life back in old space and that its evolving and surviving? Perhaps she learns about the kett more acutely to the beings currently in Andromeda, and learns of the origins of the original kett who dont look like the Archon? 

Message 27 of 42 (1,617 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Replying as I have no clue how to post on this thing

Don’t see the big issue about people saying u can’t carry on after. U can easily just make destroy the canonical ending all the other smaller choices such as save Geth or quarians can literally be factored in just the same as how war assets deplete due to certain decisions etc and the same way in ME1 it remembers whether u saved the rachni queen or not or saved wrex or not. 
I’m sure they can write around stuff if they can resurrect  the Rachni from ME1 even if u killed the queen.
Geth could be rebuilt by the Quarians through fragments of code left pieces together after all they did build them in the first place. Ppl can complain this is cheap writing or isn’t realistic or whatever but we really gonna talk about realism when the universe is based on FTL travel? 
besides not picking destroy is just strange as the whole series up until that point indicated and was tailored towards destroy it was poor poor writing at the end if people rlly complain about destroy being canon then that’s their issue as it was what it should’ve been shouldn’t have even been an option for synthesis or control imo it was just stupid and a bit of a mindfuck and just silly at least everything else semi attempts to explain unrealistic * but synthesis was just *😂 and control was an idea of someone indoctrinated would yea that’s never reliable.

Message 28 of 42 (1,450 Views)

★ Guide

The issue is all the choices you made playing the series would become irrelevant, ruining the whole point of giving the player choices in the first place.

Message 29 of 42 (1,426 Views)

Agree with @AeromusPrime22 , that if they just said this is the cannon, then it kinda ruins the whole premise of your choices matter that the entire series is based on.  Yeah, they retconned a few things such as making Udina Counselor no matter what, but they did give story reasons for the change....and even then many people weren't happy.  To just say poof, all the people who chose B, C or D endings, sorry, your choices are gone, wouldn't go over well. 

I personally think they have more than enough room to continue into Andromeda, expand on the Universe, and still bring in beloved races through the Arcs and still have a wide open playing field to do whatever else they want to do.  I just hope they don't try to cram 3 games worth of character development into a single game again.  Less people, more depth please.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 30 of 42 (1,415 Views)