Re: Mass Effect 5: Story Ideas

by AeromusPrime22

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I noticed the reactions, i found the articles stating the workings on a new Mass Effect title confusing to say the least. Yes the launch was messy, yes graphics where not all that but to pose like the whole game was a failure is maybe paying attention to the wrong crowd. 

Grand story lines, massive exploration goals and a firm story in which you could care less about what really is happening..you are just enjoying the next story in your favorite installment.
Also, if they could do with forced romance i would be a happy person... not to mention to force a player on playing a child… i mean ME is now quite some time with us so i hope they will pay more attention to that detail. We are not your standard Nintendo pokemon players if you catch my drift. Now of course with the grand following they seem to have in the weirdo and outsiders scene i'm not saying they should try and give players anything but the options they are used too but, lets make it not to obvious for us strict straight people, one or two moments in the story where you could be confronted with, accidently is more then enough.

Gameplay wise i would like to see the return of more action skills ( LB + a,b,x,y you know Wink ) and while the jetpack was a nice addition i would not mind another implementation of this suit, maybe evolve it into a proper combat suit that follows certain advances you could expect.

Now my main problem is that i'm only 50 hours deep into Andromeda, games at 53% i belief so i need some more playing to really take a stand on story lining and such. I do belief with how the stories evolve a sequel that follows up right behind Andromeda's line should be of no problem gameplay wise…. uhhh i mean there should be no problem what so ever gameplay wise right with andromeda telling its story long after the events of ME 3

Message 11 of 42 (1,674 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had a possible idea for a sequel of sorts, although the idea would potentially change up the entire Mass Effect series. My idea involved the use of the black hole in Andromeda to travel through time and space (similar to Interstellar) to a point within the original Mass Effect trilogy to help change history. So basically you'd accidentally travel back in time as the Ryder siblings and some of the MEA crew, and end up working with Shepard and his/her crew to stop the events of ME3 before the every happen.

Message 12 of 42 (1,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

That black hole idea is pretty good. Maybe have the Andromeda Initiative show up right at the end of ME3 with an armada of Remnant dreadnoughts in tow to defeat the Reapers. They could get some help from the Angara and Kett forces as well to prevent the crucible from having to be fired. I would still like Shepard to take a back seat in all of this. I think it would be good to have him be gravely wounded but not dead to the point where he has to retiree in peace with his love interest but the Pathfinders are the ones running the show now. It's probably the best way to open up Milky Way to us and fix those endings in a way that makes sense. 

Message 13 of 42 (1,644 Views)

★ Guide

I agree, that would be a perfect idea, have the Ryder Twins talk to Shepard about the Reapers, since he knows a lot about them, then have the twins talk to Dr. T'soni about the Protheans. her knowledge spans 50 yrs this way they can get a better understanding of what they will face.

Message 14 of 42 (1,626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't want to go back to the original trilogy and I think so many's desire to go back to it is one of the reasons MEA failed: people won't let it go. I loved Shepard and crew too, but the story is done, let's move on and create something else grand. Andromeda has so much untapped potential with the remnant, kett, scourge and colonization that weren't available in the Milky Way. Yet at every turn its "how can we get back to shepard, the milky way and reapers?" Even from those that loved andromeda. How can a new series work if people wont let go of the old one? It cant, and this mindset will cause any future ME games to fail. Let it go everyone. I cant understand people wanting more of the same and not something new. 

As for Reaper vs Architect? Reaper, easy. And architect can be taken down by a soldier with small arms and a reaper cant. They had to call in  orbital bombardment in ME3 to kill one because small arms were useless. If small arms hurts an architect, a reaper beam will tear it up easy.

Message 15 of 42 (1,601 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't think they should be able to go back that far. Going back to the point that you can eliminate the Reapers with Remnant dreadnoughts before the crucible fires is enough. I don't even want to see Shepard or anyone else from the OT when this happens. A quick sweep of the Milky Way with the Remnant ships is all thats needed and then have them return to Andromeda just as mysteriously as they arrived through the blackhole. Obviously the story would need some tinkering to make it sound believable but it's a start.

Hopefully, if the next ME game is Andromeda 2 they address a lot of the plot lines they left unfinshed in the first one. (ie where are the Jardaan, Quarian Ark and who is the benfactor). Most importantly though they need to address the Milky Way I think. If not then there will always be that elephant in the room of what happened to the Milky Way. From a story stand point it makes absolutely no sense that the Initiative would all of sudden just stop trying to contact the Milky Way. I would think that they would want to know what happened to it.   

Message 16 of 42 (1,587 Views)

★ Guide

I agree, It took 634 yrs to get to Andromeda, the question is what happened to Earth , did it survive or was it destroyed , what happened to Shepard and his crew, were they all killed or did they all survive,or did the Reaper's win or were they destroyed and that's the problem, there's no information on what happened. There's a big hole in the history, and not one of them wondered what happened to Earth.

Message 17 of 42 (1,572 Views)

★ Guide

Go back in time to the milky way? That's about as terrible an idea as I've heard. You completely negate just about everything  from the trilogy and ruin the sheer build up and desperate fight with the reapers just because you want to throw in a deus ex machina as a desperate attempt to get the milky way as the storyline again. It also ruins the whole point of Andromeda since, you know, its exploration of a new galaxy... so basically, you ruin the original trilogy and the new  one. 

And why do people want a canonical ending so much? Its like reading a choose your own adventure book then asking the author for a sequel that gives the definitive story. It completely ruins the point. 

As long as people keep wanting to incorporate the milky way beyond the initiative unable to contact them, no Andromeda title, or any non directly related trilogy title can succeed. Period. MEA 2 is already doomed to fail because of this, just like it doomed the original to.  

I loved the trilogy and wasn't happy with the ending like so many others. But the desperate clinging to it just doesn't make sense to me. Let it be. 

Message 18 of 42 (1,567 Views)

★ Guide

@freault wrote:

I agree, It took 634 yrs to get to Andromeda, the question is what happened to Earth , did it survive or was it destroyed , what happened to Shepard and his crew, were they all killed or did they all survive,or did the Reaper's win or were they destroyed and that's the problem, there's no information on what happened. There's a big hole in the history, and not one of them wondered what happened to Earth.

They left before the reapers invaded so they wouldnt even know to ask, and almost no one in the initiative knows about the reapers. Even then they didnt seem sure if the reapers were real. They cant even get word to or from earth. The hole in the history doesnt need to be filled, in fact you already know it. Its whatever you chose to do throughout the trilogy, which is what was intended all along

Message 19 of 42 (1,566 Views)

@r_debene91 wrote:

I don't think they should be able to go back that far. Going back to the point that you can eliminate the Reapers with Remnant dreadnoughts before the crucible fires is enough. I don't even want to see Shepard or anyone else from the OT when this happens. A quick sweep of the Milky Way with the Remnant ships is all thats needed and then have them return to Andromeda just as mysteriously as they arrived through the blackhole. Obviously the story would need some tinkering to make it sound believable but it's a start.

Changing the end of the Trilogy with a game unrelated to Shepard's story?

I thought we had enough shit storms in the ME universe. Wink

BioWare made it abundantly clear that Shepard's story is over.

I very much doubt that they will not stand to that decision and I think that is a good thing.

There are plenty of other opportunity's the could explore, and imho all are better then to rewarm a done storyline.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 20 of 42 (1,543 Views)