Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition on steam wont work, freezing on launch

by dalmatian6666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition on steam wont work, freezing on launch

★★★ Novice

Mass Effect 3 digital deluxe edition on steam wont work. No matter what i do, launch the game windowed, repair files, try to launch the game in offline mode through origin, nothing works. i even reinstalled the game only for it to still do the same white screen of death. and i have to kill the game manually through task manager just to end the task. Before i set it to windowed, i was having to sign out of windows, sign back into steam, sign back into origin also just for the same crap to happen. I spend good money to play what i paid for, not to be taken for a mug and be given a broken game. This is the difference between EA, and other companies like Sega, Square Enix and Capcom. When they release games on steam, they actually WORK, not crash my laptop consistantly. Hell even ubisoft games which has a similar launcher to ea with uplay, i have never encountered this before. really frustrated with having to even having to type this stuff as no other major company releases games that dont work on stores for them to not even launch...not happy at all

Message 1 of 4 (770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition on steam wont work, freezing on launch

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Never mind now, i got it to work by disabling the origin overlay in general settings in my origin profile. Not sure but i think it was conflicting with the one from steam which was causing the crashes. I did sent the diagostics though when i initally sent a ticket for it through the origin app. thanks for the reply

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (668 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @dalmatian6666 I just tested my copy of Mass Effect 3 on Steam and it is launching without any issue, I just tabbed out of my save game there to respond.

The issue you are seeing would appear to be a system issue as there are no other reports of this that I can see.

Can you grab me a DxDiag to take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (748 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Never mind now, i got it to work by disabling the origin overlay in general settings in my origin profile. Not sure but i think it was conflicting with the one from steam which was causing the crashes. I did sent the diagostics though when i initally sent a ticket for it through the origin app. thanks for the reply
Message 3 of 4 (669 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @dalmatian6666.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (658 Views)