March Balance Patch Details

by Motive_Mario

Original Post

Re: March Balance Patch Details

★★ Pro

Looks great. Deadbeard deals 50 damage! Link-Up characters are much better-designed. Arcane Enigma cooldown is 60 secsonds? Wonder what prompted that change. Transitioning to a sprint always felt off, so I'm glad to see that being improved. I still think Peashooter's damage should be 30.

Message 11 of 62 (1,379 Views)

★★ Pro

Wow this patch is a lot bigger than the game made it out to be! Thanks for all the details! Stay safe out their!

The small sprint changes look really promising and I'm happy their could be more focus on the movement because the sprinting transitions felt a little wierd.

The automatic fire for scientist and E slide will make them more fun to use.

I have to disagree with the Hardened upgrade change. I firmly believe Acorn should only have a default Hp of 75. But it's better than no change.

Really unsure about Space Cadet not getting a transformation time.

DeadBeard changes are great. No more cheese! And you could kill with Anchor shot? Just amazing, this will be the new and better Barrel.

And I'm also Happy for the Cactus Popcorn upgrade.

Sunflower got all sorts of changes. One thing about Blossom change is that I guess it was for the better. 

Besides E slide and Space Station getting nerfs at range, I still feel that Fall-off is needed. Overall, the patch is looking very promising!

Message 12 of 62 (1,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@ShinobicapI agree, for all the mechanics that make this game faster, Chomper and Burrow specifically are too slow. It just takes to long to digest and Mastication usually isnt worth it.
But, even if he is the worst plant, he will still be very usable.

Chomper regenerating hp in Burrow would be cheesy, since its basically an Invincibility tool. It also should not happen during Arcane Enigma or Outta fight.

Message 13 of 62 (1,329 Views)

★★★★ Novice

because they removed the "thorn apart" thing from the patch details, it probably is

Message 14 of 62 (1,278 Views)

★★★★ Novice

they increased the delay time because most roses spammed arcane enigma

Message 15 of 62 (1,276 Views)

★ Novice
@Shinobicap Chomper doesn't get most of his vanquishes from burrow. It's not as a necessity as it was in GW1. Try using the primaries, they're actually good.
Message 16 of 62 (1,248 Views)

★ Guide

While the drag changes are nice, I still agree with others are saying that damage fall off still needs to be implemented. Other than that, a lot of the changes look really good and address a lot of community complaints. I'm especially happy that overhealth is getting adjusted to how it works like in tf2.

Message 17 of 62 (1,187 Views)

★★★ Pro

I'm very happy with all of these changes! I am a bit sad about some characters like Acorn and Sunflower getting nerfed, but I don't really have any room to talk, as I was one of the people using their super op upgrades. I'm super excited about scientist's buffs, like the automatic fire. I'm also really happy about the sprinting, and how deadbeard can attack with his anchor. Overall, this patch looks to balance the game really well! Still hoping for the giddy park invincibility fix, as that has been a thorn in this game's side for too long.

Message 18 of 62 (1,172 Views)

★★ Pro

@shurikeninja wrote:

Looks great. Deadbeard deals 50 damage! Link-Up characters are much better-designed. Arcane Enigma cooldown is 60 secsonds? Wonder what prompted that change. Transitioning to a sprint always felt off, so I'm glad to see that being improved. I still think Peashooter's damage should be 30.

I actually forgot the anchor did damage. Now's a good time to build that into the repertoire!

Message 19 of 62 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bone collision might mean super brainzes hit box

Message 20 of 62 (1,117 Views)