Map should show vault status

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Map should show vault status

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Please make it so that it's visible on the map if a vault is opened or not.

Getting pretty tired of carrying around a keycard, only get walloped by a team with gold and purple armor once you get there, still rocking your flimsy lvl 1 body shield and weapons witout attachments.

It's more often than not a front row ticket to your own funeral. Better to just throw them away.

Message 1 of 9 (576 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Map should show vault status

★ Pro

I believe if your holding the key. Only the vaults that havent been open are shown on the map... how its worked for me before

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (547 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

@Wingmannedbro About two days ago something interesting happened. My team acquired a vault key. The ring was closing, so we were running there fast.

Upon reaching the area I hear gun fire. Two teams, shooting it out.

So we stopped and the ring passes us. It was only first round. No big deal.

From outside the ring we opened fire and third partied. Caught both teams off guard and ended up taking them all out.

Happy to say after picking the remains I ended up with a gold helmet, body shield, Backpack and knockdown shield.  Standard smile

Message 2 of 9 (564 Views)

★★ Guide

I thought it did show the status when you have a key, but only for the person with the key. I have had the best luck with vaults either immediately run in and run out and pray you dont get ambushed if you find the key in the first minute, or wait until the ring closes on one and medkit/syringe it up and head out to it.

Message 3 of 9 (557 Views)

★ Pro

I believe if your holding the key. Only the vaults that havent been open are shown on the map... how its worked for me before

Message 4 of 9 (548 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Wingmannedbro Lolz you newb! If a vault door’s unopened you see a locked vault icon. If it’s been opened you just see a small orange dot where the vault is.

You’re welcome.

I’d rather have that all members know where the vault is rather than only the carrier. Play with new ppl and you’ll see why... 3/4 times in the past 2 days I found key, highlighted where it is only for them (I’m positive) not to go along... 1 time I got squadbanged... luckily I just portal’d away and other time my aim was lacking so badly that it was as bad as not knowing the answer of 2 + 2...
Message 5 of 9 (499 Views)

★★★ Expert

Oke so it actually does, but I don't understand why it's not just visible to the whole squad/whole lobby.

Message 6 of 9 (473 Views)

★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro
do you even play game? ))

"whole lobby" - isn't obvious?
Message 7 of 9 (464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Because then everyone would see exactly when and where vaults are opened. That's a bit too much free information. You want that information - you find yourself a vault key.

P.S. There's also an "unlocked" icon, but for whatever reason it's only visible if you zoom in enough. The locked icon is visible at any zoom level. If you're looking at a zoomed in map, make sure the icon is actually the one you want, before running half the map for it Standard smile.

Message 8 of 9 (439 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Biochemikas Hey! You stealing my thunder. I already said that! Wait you have to zoom in? I see it ‘just as well’ as I see the locked ones. You using monitor or tv?

I didn’t even get the solution even tho my answer was the most comprehensive Frown I feel slighted Frown
Message 9 of 9 (405 Views)