Map rotation

by Daze623

Original Post

Map rotation

★ Expert

Seriously?
World's edge on casual and ranked mode?
Why not just make KC and Olympus rotate on casual mode since people already have the option to play WE in ranked?

Message 1 of 9 (541 Views)

Re: Map rotation

★★ Pro
@Daze623 Would be good , I miss kings canyon . But my guess (actually my hope) is they’re gonna bring back KC next season with changes so they’re saving it for now .
Message 2 of 9 (529 Views)

★ Expert
@MassiveVernon I just hope next season they'll put all maps on rotation
Message 3 of 9 (516 Views)

★ Expert

@MassiveVernon KC is fine. The map that needs changes is Olympus, too many open spots and not enough cover for rotations. I really hope they do this because i'm sure it will be the ranked map in the next split.

Message 4 of 9 (507 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 If I had to bet I'd guess next season is Olympus and KC on rotation and in ranked split. KC is getting major changes and they seem to like 2 map rotations.
Message 5 of 9 (505 Views)

★★ Pro
@Cro_Pittt Oh yeah I totally agree , KC is my favourite map and Olympus Is by far my least favourite. I just meant that adding changes to it would mean they would “showcase it” for most of the season so we get to play on it the most haha
Message 6 of 9 (492 Views)

★ Expert
@Daze623 Their philosophy on map rotation is basically what ended my regular play of Apex.

They did the same when they added WE in Season 3 and removed KC for the entire season and the first half of Season 4. About 6 months with no KC in rotation. KC was my favorite too before they blew up Skull Town and Thunderdome. WE passed it up with Season 6, but I still didn't want to see KC removed from play again.

TLDR: I don't care much for Olympus, but all maps need to be in rotation for Season 8.
Message 7 of 9 (482 Views)

★★ Guide

I often wonder why they sometimes exclude certain maps from rotation.. Like now WE returned in season nine after a very long sabbatical but I do not see any visible changes. Happy that it is back though but with KC out I am now already missing it again.

Would be nice if they put all of them in rotation.

I guess our feelings of missing the maps out of rotstion boils down to human natue. 

Ah well... Still a fun game to play, even if I only get kills every odd game.

Message 8 of 9 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Daze623nobody likes map rotation, it's just inconvenient. But with your idea, if we can only play a certain map in a certain mode, that seems unfair if I want to play WE but not in ranked mode.

The only way to settle this is to let us pick the map, but hey, Respawn think thousands of players can't seem to fill a 60 players lobby lol.

Message 9 of 9 (277 Views)