Map rotation tips

by blackoutzzz42

Original Post

Map rotation tips

★★★★★ Apprentice

How do you guys rotate on both maps?

Are you following a path/plan or just rotate wherever you feel like there is something to get (kills or loot).

Are map rotations overrated or really a key to success? I am really curious what you guys think. Standard smile

I am normally dropping at one of my favoured POIs and walk somewehere Large smile

Message 1 of 8 (411 Views)

Re: Map rotation tips

[ Edited ]

@blackoutzzz42No it's not overrated at all. Knowing the map is one of the bigger things to winning. The main reason being if you know map rotations, you have a fairly good idea where the choke points are going to be and where to set up, where not to go.

It's very easy to rotate into a position on the map in which you're going to get pinched by multiple squads. Unless it has high ground or a building and you have a Caustic, you're probably not going to survive unless you top tier skill level, even then it can get questionable fast. I ran into that tonight at the building with the charge tower near it, sort of between containment and Capacitor. My teammates wanted to go there and the only reason we survived was because I trapped the heck out of the building there and we had a LL with a gold back pack.

How to rotate really depends on a lot of factors. Where ring is, where you're rotating from, the skill level of your squad, guns you have and even what type of legends you have on your team. In most instances you're better off to go around bunker than through it, even if you have a very good Caustic. The high chance of getting pinched combined with the easy ability for a squad to camp outside the doors out of your line of sight ready to laser you.. It's just not a good way to go. You don't want to rotate through an area of the map that is going to require mid-long range weapons if you don't have any. You'll be sitting ducks for anyone that does even if they don't knock you.

There are areas of the KC I will not go near. Cage is one, it is center map and a cross section of the entire map. Every single time I go there it is one party after another. The tower is really big with multiple points of entry that will exhaust all the canisters a Caustic has. I only go there if I'm forced to and even then I stay away from that tower.

Some other areas I avoid on KC are the canyon that runs down the center of the map. I will stay on one side of the other, where high ground is. But I will not go down into that canyon unless I absolutely have to.

The other benefit of knowing map rotation, if you get yourself into sticky situations. You know how to rotate out of them. I can't tell you how many times I have killed squads inside fo Labs and they could have easily used the portal plus jump towers in the area to get away from us. I won a match of duos tonight by myself. I had a gold knock down shield and got pushed by 2 enemies as the first ring was closing. I had knocked one and almost knocked the second, crawled down into the Lava at Lava fissure and into the storm just a bit, revived myself, healed up. Took the ziplines down there deeper into the storm, hit the jump tower then went JT to JT to escape the team. Knowing how to rotate like that is what saved me..

If you want to go for kills then ya go for choke points, but you will likely bump into multiple squads and get third partied.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (406 Views)

Champion

Basically what darth said.

Unless you're me...in which case you just follow the gunfire and rotate into your enemies nice position using sheer brute force.

Far more entertaining....far less sensible.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 8 (401 Views)

Champion
@blackoutzzz42 I try to rotate to spots where enemies are not going to be higher than me or where you will inevitably get 5th or 6th parties after absolutely slaying the first 4 teams.

KC I try to avoid that small house below cage and being down inside capacitor for too long. There are so many places you get shot down at from.

WE I dont like being down in epicenter at all but I love to run the ridge around it to pick up fights. Also do not like trying to traverse fragment as the ring is closing. There is almost always a team waiting at a choke.
Message 4 of 8 (391 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag I do that as well now so long as my teammates can handle it. But even still I try and rotate to it in a specific way so we have high ground or something.

Message 5 of 8 (389 Views)

Champion

@DarthValtrex Yeah i hear you.

I've been playing since S1, playing to win in the traditional ways is just something I find deeply boring now.

I like to just put myself in difficult situations and try to turn them into positive outcomes, it creates a whole new set of challenges and makes you think about how you're selecting your loadouts/ utilising your legends.

For me personally it creates a really diverse game experience and is probably the main reason I'm still playing.

As rampart says, let's turn crap into gold. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 8 (379 Views)

@hayhor epicenter is awesome! Take the top of the tower and trap it up! Then farm damage and kills. Greatest thing ever.. Oh and when someone decides to try and push you.. Laser them before they fall off and make them instantly regret it..

Message 7 of 8 (371 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex The top is fine and it is quite fun as you say. It is down below that is bad. 😂
Message 8 of 8 (357 Views)